[New Topic]   [Reply]
[Edit Profile]  [Edit Your Preferences]  [Search]
[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
MUDII Forum Index » » General Chat » » Last Night's Bash (17/4)
Author Last Night's Bash (17/4)
royston
ranger

Posted: 18-04-2008 09:50   
BASH GENERAL?S REPORT.

Well, for me it started a disaster and ended a disaster.

Once again you all voted for Hal and yet again you were over-ruled. I am not sure if we are living under a dictatorship or in a state of anarchy. It seems a mixture of both. Either way it is not a democracy.

I stuck my neck out and issued just one decree right at the beginning. That was to drop all spare weapons, medicines and boats in the hut as you came across them. We already tend to do this with wps and I wanted to extend the practice to include the other two items. Needless to say none of you took the slightest notice. But I still think it?s a good idea and commend it for consideration. Searching all the Dfs for a boat towards the end of the game can be somewhat stressful.

I started off, as is my wont, down the well. The trouble with ws?s is that they submerge and unless you kill them all on your own you can never be sure they are all dead. I should have asked the other player down there how many he had managed to dispatch but I failed to do so. A ?roll call? of each in turn at found ws0 still lurking about. I was just hoping he was the last.

I went on to the pony but had to flee as I had forgotten to zz and went in with a stam of only 37. How stupid can you get? Then I couldn?t pin down the snowbird anywhere. What I did find was a snowleopard but I could not pin him down either. Dollar asked to acc me and after a while, I picked him up. From then on we worked as a pair. We went back to look for the snowbird and snowleopard. Now I was not only wasting my time but Dollar?s as well as we were stumbling about lost in the Blizzard. I gave up but we managed to get the snowbird on the way out. The trouble with the snowleopard is that he has a particular quality, I think is unique to him, that makes him a pain to track down.

Back in the main arena I checked on the formal garden and gobs and found them done. By now it was fairly late into the game but I was still feeling confident.

About this time someone gave me some stick about not being in control and a female voice tried to take command but was about as successful at this as I had been. The one big problem about being Bash General is not knowing what is going on and particularly what has been killed. I am not confident the wh command is 100% accurate. I was wondering if there was any way a Bash General could be informed of the progress of the Bash and perhaps be in a better position to offer guidance. I was toying with the idea of using the Captain?s Log in the hut to record kills but this would be time consuming and an invitation for unhelpful comments from any wizz with a humorous bent.

The request from Dollar to acc me was flattering. It was the first time anyone had asked me. He was a great help but I found it an awesome responsibility. I was so relieved that he survived. Despite the responsibility I feel it might be more productive, in future, to always hunt in pairs right from the beginning of the bash. I will leave it at that for your comments. I see the risk that an experienced player might genuinely and in all innocence show an inexperienced player something it would have been far better for him to have worked out on his own.

My death in the dwarfs was my own fault. I left it too late to flee, found myself blocked in and was walloped.

Coming back in as a Novice, I found it difficult to bash (two hits and flee) let alone continue as Bash General. When a Bash General dies, we need to organise a quick election for a replacement. I have no idea how this can be arranged but a Novice Bash General is a nonsense.

I am sorry we were not successful.

I expect I will be about quite a bit during the day this coming week as I try to claw my way back up. I don?t mind that so much or even the ts but it is having to do all those tasks again that is such a drag. And if you see me (or perhaps I might send Gascooker - if he can behave himself) on the North Mountain with a bowl of fruit and a bag of trinkets, dancing with a snowleopard, wish me luck.

[ This Message was edited by: royston on 18-04-2008 09:59 ]

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Armand
explorer

Posted: 18-04-2008 11:06   
Why would you have to do all the tasks again?

View Profile of Armand      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
royston
ranger

Posted: 18-04-2008 11:22   
Don't you have to if you are dead-dead? I would have thought the record would have died with you.

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Armand
explorer

Posted: 18-04-2008 15:45   
Yes, but why do you need the tasks in the first place? Unless you're on a wiz run?

[ This Message was edited by: Armand on 18-04-2008 15:45 ]

View Profile of Armand      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
royston
ranger

Posted: 18-04-2008 16:45   
HA! A wiz run is a long way off, for me at any rate. I am still finding new areas of the land, when I was certain in my own mind, I had visited everywhere there was to visit.

No. I know they are a pain but everybody attempts to the tasks because it is a satisfying feeling of accomplishment when they get done. Or is that pathetic?

I bet you anything you like the next bit of text on this thread will be from Blib exclaiming "Tasks are for wimps."

Crazyfool
Wizard

Posted: 18-04-2008 19:16   
Jeez. Wow. Dont be so hard on yourself. The bash failed because most people weren't killing mobiles. I thought you liked being general Next time ill find someone else

Like Armand.....

Cf

View Profile of Crazyfool      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
royston
ranger

Posted: 18-04-2008 19:33   
Oh I do but where's the fun if I cannot whinge about it?

blib
explorer

Posted: 18-04-2008 22:32   
What tasks?

View Profile of blib   Email blib      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
[New Topic]   [Reply]
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic

These forums may be read by anyone, but only registered mudII.co.uk
players may post. When posting, please refrain from behaviour
not tolerated in the game.

These forums are moderated.