[Edit Profile]  [Edit Your Preferences]  [Search]
[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
MUDII Forum Index » » General Chat » » idea for bashes / quests
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Author idea for bashes / quests
Armand
explorer

Posted: 22-04-2008 15:38   
I was just thinking, its very rare to see any of the quests.

What if quests were made a regular feature of bashes? I.e. each week a randomly chosen quest would be loaded at the start of the bash, and perhaps the set extended by an appropriate amount of time. It would add some variety and challenge to bashes, and let those dusty old quests see the light of day.

View Profile of Armand      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Samson
friar

Posted: 22-04-2008 15:41   
I'd prefer to see quests done on a different day, rather than be incorporated with bashes.

View Profile of Samson      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Armand
explorer

Posted: 22-04-2008 16:05   
Yeah but bashes are the only time where we get consistently good turnout, and there's always a wiz on to load the quest.

Samson
friar

Posted: 22-04-2008 17:40   
Perhaps those who can't make Wednesday would like to suggest an evening they would like the quests to be run?

View Profile of Samson      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
royston
ranger

Posted: 22-04-2008 18:09   
What's a quest? (genuine)

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Cradle
cleric

Posted: 22-04-2008 18:47   
How about bash 3 times a month and quest once a month. bash and quest at the same might be hard to run as new mobs will be intergrated into the land thus needing to kill those aswel (i think, not 100% sure if it adds to the sv)

View Profile of Cradle   Email Cradle      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Cradle
cleric

Posted: 22-04-2008 18:49   
And for royston. A quest is a challenge that a wiz created, its like an add on to the land that the player can explore filled with monsters and puzzles inside. Object is solve the puzzles and salvage the prize at the end, im sure there is quest help on the website somwhere though cant remember where of the top of my head so might have to search the sites links for it. Hope this helped Royston.

View Profile of Cradle   Email Cradle      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
royston
ranger

Posted: 22-04-2008 19:06   
Thank you Cradle.

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Crazyfool
Wizard

Posted: 22-04-2008 20:09   
Guys,

I find myself saying this a lot. If we can get the numbers im happy to organise and be present at anything you want to do. Within reason. I dont want to do anything illegal.

Cf

View Profile of Crazyfool      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
blib
explorer

Posted: 22-04-2008 21:16   
You fools!!!

The ONLY reason that Armand has suggested opening up the quests regularly is because HE WANTS TO MAP THEM!!!!!

He has this insane mindset which drives him to map everything in the Land and woe betide anyone who stands in his way. He will brush you aside or sacrifice your very personae so long as his maps are updated.

He is evil incarnate. He cares little for the rest of you. He should be banned forthwith!

You may fall under the spell of his calm and friendly demeanour but I, Blib know different. I have spent time with this wicked, wicked man. Maps and mapping is all that he is interested in! Maps I tell you!

Open up the quests and he will suck you dry!!!!! You see if he doesn't.

Thank you and goodnight.

View Profile of blib   Email blib      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
ilisity
cabalist

Posted: 22-04-2008 22:05   
Maybe this is what crazyfool wants , its seems that he is out too prosecute any unlawful behavior!

Why in the good old days of mud (pre crazyfool) I saw many a yeoman swapping drugs for tips on how to kill the dragon and I also was privy to many a bash being turned into a meeting place for low life hoods to arrange there next scheme .

On armands idea , i think arranging anything community minded is a great idea . I've been playing mud for a month now and the most fun I get is out of the bashes .

[ This Message was edited by: ilisity on 22-04-2008 22:06 ]

View Profile of ilisity      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
royston
ranger

Posted: 22-04-2008 22:33   
Quote:- In the good old days...I have been playing MUD for a month now...?

I've coined a new word 'blibbering'. I think I might send it to OED for their next edition.

[ This Message was edited by: royston on 22-04-2008 22:36 ]

Armand
explorer

Posted: 23-04-2008 12:04   
Quote:

bash and quest at the same might be hard to run as new mobs will be intergrated into the land thus needing to kill those aswel (i think, not 100% sure if it adds to the sv)

Yep, it adds to the SV which is why I suggested extending the time on these.

Lets face it, bashes are becoming too easy/routine anyway. Once a month sounds like a good idea though, so we still would have the "normal" bashes.

Course if its unpopular, we can always just hassle CF to load them on non-bash nights

royston
ranger

Posted: 23-04-2008 13:50   
It may be routine to you. But to us low-life a bash is still a challenge. And a worth-while one too.

To be a bit more contructive, I would welcome anything that extends the game into new arenas. But I am ambivolent as to whether a quest is added on to a bash night or held on a separate night. I, and possibly most players at my level of experience, would be happy to go along with anything that is suggested and give it a try.

Unless it was suggested by Blib.

[ This Message was edited by: royston on 23-04-2008 14:07 ]

Armand
explorer

Posted: 23-04-2008 16:10   
Fair enough.

I didn't mean to imply that a bash was routine for everyone.. sorry. I just meant that we (as a group) almost always complete it succesfully, so maybe a bit of extra challenge wouldn't hurt.

But thinking about it, a quest which nobody knows would almost certainly result in a failed bash, so perhaps doing them separately woudld be better.

blib
explorer

Posted: 23-04-2008 17:06   
Quote:

Unless it was suggested by Blib.

I suggest that we each donate ?1000 cash to Royston.

View Profile of blib   Email blib      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Heiach
Wizard

Posted: 23-04-2008 17:15   
What if we ran Treasure Bashes sometimes, rather than Mobiles Bashes?

Or, if we're feeling ambitious, try and do both at once some time?

[ This Message was edited by: Heiach on 23-04-2008 17:17 ]

View Profile of Heiach   Email Heiach   Goto the website of Heiach          Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Cradle
cleric

Posted: 23-04-2008 17:16   
No it can be abit routine. and very soon royston it will get that way for you. i like the idea's that armand and scurvy (who should post his here's, i will nag him to do so) are suggesting. Adding some variety is a great idea, bash 3 times a month the ones who like the bash's will have it and for the others that wanna do quests will have it once a month, i dont see the need to bash 4 times a month 12 months a year.

royston
ranger

Posted: 04-05-2008 08:37   
BUMP!!

I am anxious this thread is not lost. Anyone organising anything?

Crazyfool
Wizard

Posted: 04-05-2008 11:58   
Pick a date and an event and ill organise it. Just not another scavenger hunt

View Profile of Crazyfool      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
[New Topic]   [Reply]
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic

These forums may be read by anyone, but only registered mudII.co.uk
players may post. When posting, please refrain from behaviour
not tolerated in the game.

These forums are moderated.