[Edit Profile]  [Edit Your Preferences]  [Search]
[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
MUDII Forum Index » » General Chat » » Last Night's Bash 16/05
Author Last Night's Bash 16/05
royston
ranger

Posted: 16-05-2008 08:41   
BASH GENERAL?S REPORT

This was certainly the most exciting Bash I have yet experienced. It started with eight players and got off , as usual, to slow start. Killing the dwarfs was particularly troublesome and seemed to take for ever this time. While this was going on there was ?the sound of a rock splitting? which caused a mild fluttering panic as it was believed that Blib had come on the scene and opened up the Giants. I sort of sensed that the Pag would be open too. But investigation showed both still shut and we continued plodding. I found a stegosaurus which, though easy, took a long time dispatching.

We were going to make it steadily the way we were going. Suddenly though we were up to eleven players, some of whom I am sure never ventured out of the tea room; the Pag and the Giants both opened, and somehow, (no one will put their hands up) so did the Redwoods. Now we were really up against it with something like three mobiles to every minute left. It seemed impossible. In order to keep things going and players not simply give up, and after consultation with a more experienced player, I shouted that we should go for fifty survivors. Things then took off at a great speed and we were very soon down to that fifty. Now it was all on again. We were very generously given extra time and we finished with all mobiles dead at only a minute or so to go.

It was a close run thing and all the players worked hard to get this good result.

Thanks as always to Foddy and CF.

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Armand
explorer

Posted: 16-05-2008 10:39   
I noticed you didn't mention the last minute pking spree....

By the way, when you hear the rock splitting that means giants is opened. You must have checked the wrong place.

View Profile of Armand      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
blib
explorer

Posted: 16-05-2008 15:14   
Well done everyone!

View Profile of blib   Email blib      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
royston
ranger

Posted: 16-05-2008 16:34   
Quote:

On 16-05-2008 10:39, Armand wrote:
I noticed you didn't mention the last minute pking spree....

By the way, when you hear the rock splitting that means giants is opened. You must have checked the wrong place.

I wasn't going to mention it, but as you brought the incident up, I was to large extent the architect of my own downfall. At the end of the bash I had no weapon, my stam was 12, I was unsure of exactly where I was in the land, I had forgotten to site after fleeing at sea and I was looking at the keyboard trying to correct 'kiis meep' to 'kiss meep'. It was all over very quickly. Also I had not appreciated that Meep was a pk. I do now.

As for the Giants being open, there is a misunderstanding here. I did not check the giants myself but relied on what someone said:

A female voice in the distance shouts 'yeah, some open giants'.

I was busy at the time and missed the rest of the conversation which would have confirmed that the giants was indeed open. I only just worked this out checking the log.

[ This Message was edited by: royston on 16-05-2008 16:35 ]

[ This Message was edited by: royston on 16-05-2008 16:40 ]

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
blib
explorer

Posted: 16-05-2008 22:22   

On 16-05-2008 16:34, royston wrote:
Quote:

I had forgotten to site after fleeing at sea

Wimp.

Crazyfool
Wizard

Posted: 17-05-2008 11:27   
I think we all know who opened the Redwood.

View Profile of Crazyfool      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Armand
explorer

Posted: 17-05-2008 12:35   
It wasn't me!!!

View Profile of Armand      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
blib
explorer

Posted: 17-05-2008 15:24   
Quote:

On 17-05-2008 12:35, Armand wrote:
It wasn't me!!!

It was! I saw you pull the lever!

BAN HIM!!!

Heiach
Wizard

Posted: 17-05-2008 20:21   
Pking is bad... like drugs!

View Profile of Heiach   Email Heiach   Goto the website of Heiach          Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
[New Topic]   [Reply]
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic

These forums may be read by anyone, but only registered mudII.co.uk
players may post. When posting, please refrain from behaviour
not tolerated in the game.

These forums are moderated.