[New Topic]   [Reply]
[Edit Profile]  [Edit Your Preferences]  [Search]
[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
MUDII Forum Index » » Game Suggestions » » Swamping when bashing.
Author Swamping when bashing.
royston
ranger

Posted: 16-05-2008 08:59   
It is quite apparent over the last few weeks that a number players have been swamping t during a bash. Many players have remarked to me about it and I myself have entered rooms where there ought to be t to find it looted. This is quite legal within the rules of the game. But time is critical during a bash and I feel that this time-wasting should be discouraged if we wish to continue to have successful bashes.

I am therefore considering that we ask MUSE if it is possible to reduce the val of all t (including icons) to 0 during the set of an ?official? bash.

I admit that in the past I myself have been guilty of this undesirable behaviour. (Before anyone else points it out!)

Opinions below please.

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
blib
explorer

Posted: 16-05-2008 15:17   
Are you seriously implying that there is a SWAMP somewhere N of the tearoom???!!!

View Profile of blib   Email blib      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Heiach
Wizard

Posted: 17-05-2008 20:24   
I like the idea. Bashes would finish a lot faster I feel. But swamping treasure is a part of the game and only takes a few seconds out of the bash...

View Profile of Heiach   Email Heiach   Goto the website of Heiach          Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
gobstopper
pilgrim

Posted: 16-06-2008 00:10   
Not surprisingly I think thats an awful idea. I can't think of anything more boring. You want people to be forced to work together by the game? Why don't we just give the 3,000 points at the beginning of the bash, that would make things easier. Or lets allow PP's get to wizard. Or actually, why don't you work out whose been nicking your treasure and work out how to stop them doing it.

View Profile of gobstopper      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Heiach
Wizard

Posted: 16-06-2008 12:37   
Heiach the mystic says "no!".
Heiach the mystic disappears with a swirl of lame.

[ This Message was edited by: Heiach on 16-06-2008 12:40 ]

View Profile of Heiach   Email Heiach   Goto the website of Heiach          Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Armand
explorer

Posted: 16-06-2008 15:30   
I agree with Gobstopper. The game is more interesting when players have to determine what happens, rather than having it dictated by game mechanics.

Treasure swamping during a bash is generally disliked by players and you might find yourself more prone to being attacked if you do it

View Profile of Armand      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
royston
ranger

Posted: 26-06-2008 08:53   
OK. Silly Idea. Withdrawn.

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
[New Topic]   [Reply]
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic

These forums may be read by anyone, but only registered mudII.co.uk
players may post. When posting, please refrain from behaviour
not tolerated in the game.

These forums are moderated.