[New Topic]   [Reply]
[Edit Profile]  [Edit Your Preferences]  [Search]
[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
MUDII Forum Index » » General Chat » » Blib The Wiz. A Memoir.
Author Blib The Wiz. A Memoir.
blib
explorer

Posted: 29-05-2008 23:29   
You know that feeling that you sometimes get? That feeling of being in the right place at the right time.

When destiny taps you on the shoulder and says, "Today, your life will change forever".

Well, for me, Blib, that feeling came tonight during the quest.

It had started just like any other night in MUD for me. Having arrived fashionably late, I was doing my usual Thursday night task of saving the reset for the other players, Hal having mucked it up for them once again. When who should I bump in to in the Tearoom than that most fragrant of Arch Witches Karya.

At first we exchanged pleasantries which mainly consisted of Karya breathlessly explaining to me how much she admired the comsumate ease that I demonstrate in the game whenever I venture North and how she wished that the other players , ESPECIALLY HAL, would try to conduct themselves in a similar way i.e. more grown up and civilised.

Then, the Arch Witch told me the real reason why she was there in the tearoom tonight. To be honest, I knew what she was going to tell me. The Wizzes had decided to elevate me into their ranks. She explained to me that even though I had only amassed 338 points in 18 months of daily play, the manner in which I had earned those points clearly singled me out as a special kind of player.

I tried to say no, but it was no use. The Wizzes had decided and with a flourish of her wand I became a Wizard. And, do you know what dear reader, I immediately felt at home. I am , as you know, by far the most modest player in The Land but Blib the Wizard felt just right.

Immediately, congratualtions flooded in from the peasants, err, I mean my fellow players. Then, slowly but surely, these were replaced by a single chant....

'FOD Hal,'

They all seemed to cry out in anguished unity. 'Blib the Wiz, for goodness sake, FOD Hal'.

I looked at Karya. She shrugged benevolently towards me as if to say 'I don't care if you FOD him, I never liked that twerp anyhow'

I sighed. The burden of responsibility weighed heavily upon my shoulders. I knew that by fodding Hal I would rid The Land of an evil presence. But I wavered.

"Karya, Hal is a simple man. I have met him. He is a pathetic individual. All that he has is his maps and his pink bicycle with the ribbons and the basket on the front." I explained.
"I know that it would be a popular decision, but I cannot do it. I am just a too wonderful and compassionate human being"

Karya smiled.
"Yes Blib, you are a truly exceptional man."

I went on.
"In fact, even though I know that I would be an outstanding Wizard, probably the best Wizard ever in the nigh on 30 years of MUD in its various guises, deep down I would prefer to be back with my people. Karya, make me a mortal again"

Karya's protests were heartbreaking but she knew that I am a man of unwavering convictions, a Prince among Paupers and she knew that she had to relent to my noble request.

As she turned to leave the tearoom, the emotion catching in her voice, Karya turned to me and said simply. "Blib, why?"

I shook my head and smiled at her , as a Headmaster would at a bemused, confused child.

"Because, I must be with my people Karya. They adore me and would be lost without me amongst them. 'Tis a far far better thing I do today, than I have ever done before.

And, with that I slowly turned ans walked into the wall.

(I know that I shall surely burn in Hell for this)

View Profile of blib   Email blib      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Heiach
Wizard

Posted: 30-05-2008 15:11   
Log?

View Profile of Heiach   Email Heiach   Goto the website of Heiach          Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Crazyfool
Wizard

Posted: 30-05-2008 23:05   
So I go to bed ill and this is what happens?

All I get is Vulnax naked....not that that isnt immensly nice.....

View Profile of Crazyfool      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Magician
cleric

Posted: 31-05-2008 09:05   
Very good and very funny, Blib

JB

View Profile of Magician   Email Magician      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
[New Topic]   [Reply]
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic

These forums may be read by anyone, but only registered mudII.co.uk
players may post. When posting, please refrain from behaviour
not tolerated in the game.

These forums are moderated.