[Edit Profile]  [Edit Your Preferences]  [Search]
[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
MUDII Forum Index » » General Chat » » Last Night's Bash 19/06
Author Last Night's Bash 19/06
royston
ranger

Posted: 20-06-2008 09:09   
BASH GENERAL?S REPORT.

I wandered into the Tearoom, as is my custom on a Thursday night, at about ten minutes to the hour, expecting to see the usual crowd of players all excited and being silly at the prospect of the forthcoming blood letting. There I met Aztec on her own with Ellenna battling it out somewhere north. Chatting with Aztec it transpired that she had not been in the land for about four years. She feared she might be a bit rusty but the events that followed proved that she was far from rusty.

Hawumph made his usual spectacular entry and confirmed that the bash was definitely on.

So the bash started with just Aztec and me and another player I had never met before Vordai (the warlock from the fen). By some sort of tacit agreement I took on all the easy and safe mobiles while the other two engaged the more difficult and more dangerous ones. That seemed to me to be a sensible division of labour.

And so we just battled away. Gradually depleting their numbers but only at about one per every two minutes. It seemed to me to be a pretty hopeless task but we just got on with it.

My leadership qualities were displayed by listening to every suggestion made by Aztec and enthusiastically going along with it. So together we did the Keep and the Evil Wood. Aztec had already dealt with the Dragon and later I managed a Dragonfly as well. By now it was just Aztec and me. I don?t know what happened to Vordai. I agreed to go on with Aztec and help with the dwarfs but I got waylaid by the Ram on my way and I never actually got there. She must have dealt with all the dwarfs on their own.

With only two players in the land there was a problem with Golem. Thankfully Blib popped in a saved the day as so often he does, and took the third position. Aztec elected to go in. I did the business as quickly as I could but I suddenly found myself facing Golem on less than top stam (I hadn?t wanted to make the others wait while I recovered) and no wafers. I was down to 35 but the Golem was close to death. I was thinking fleeing at about 20 when suddenly I had some powerful help and Golem was no more.

Next on the agenda were two bees who had somehow survived an earlier cull. I suddenly realised that Paine was on and chasing them as well. I got bee0 and she got bee4. I am ashamed to say I got lost in the maze twice and had to come out to the beginning each time.

I was really pleased to see Paine. She got stuck in and by twenty minutes to go. the SV count was also twenty. It was more than just possible now.

Quite quickly we were down to two: the HB and the Spider. I went after HB found him and lost him. I spent some time wandering about and found his usual kit abandoned, so someone had got him. That left the Spider.

We met up at the Paddock. There was a bit of discussion about how to do it and we went on into the ruin to work something out. Both Aztec and Paine made lots of magical gestures but I think it was Paine who finally did it. The Spider was upon us.

We all battled valiantly. Sadly I got stung early on. It was only a question of time before the poison took its effect. After what seemed a long while, it did so and I was out of the game. I got back in as quickly as I could, only to find everyone cheering. I was gutted, not so much for losing points dying and not getting the bonus, but because after all that work I had missed the final kill. I should add that I was generously doted upon by Hawumph.

And so it ended. It was a great Bash with no let up in the fighting and though it was a small team, the teamwork was excellent. By the end I was physically knackered.

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Armand
explorer

Posted: 20-06-2008 11:49   
Well done

View Profile of Armand      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
blib
explorer

Posted: 20-06-2008 12:43   
Quote:

Thankfully Blib popped in a saved the day as so often he does.........

I'm so wonderful that I believe that there should be a statue dedicated to me somewhere in The Land that you plebs could worship at.

Just a thought.

View Profile of blib   Email blib      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
brisa
novice

Posted: 20-06-2008 16:39   
Congrats to you! Sorry ... I didn't go further than the tearoom last night, so you and Aztec deserve much kudos I knew I couldn't stay, so ended up having a chat with Haw (havn't seen him for a long, long while )

Anyhoo, well done on a successful bash! Hopefully I'll be in the thick of it again soon.

Vordai xx

View Profile of brisa      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
aztec
novice

Posted: 20-06-2008 18:33   
Couldnt have done it without you Roy. Had some good luck on the dwarves. Rust seemed to melt away quite quickly.

View Profile of aztec      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Heiach
Wizard

Posted: 21-06-2008 08:26   
Congrats and I must say, what a lovely and well-written reporter you are!

*Posts on site*

View Profile of Heiach   Email Heiach   Goto the website of Heiach          Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Heiach
Wizard

Posted: 21-06-2008 10:11   
Quote:

I'm so wonderful that I believe that there should be a statue dedicated to me somewhere in The Land that you plebs could worship at.

Just a thought.

If you wiz you can have a statue on your gravestone!

View Profile of Heiach   Email Heiach   Goto the website of Heiach          Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
blib
explorer

Posted: 21-06-2008 10:25   
I think you'll find that I did make wiz. However, it was taken away from me on a technicality.

View Profile of blib   Email blib      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
[New Topic]   [Reply]
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic

These forums may be read by anyone, but only registered mudII.co.uk
players may post. When posting, please refrain from behaviour
not tolerated in the game.

These forums are moderated.