[Edit Profile]  [Edit Your Preferences]  [Search]
[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
MUDII Forum Index » » General Chat » » Last Night's Bash 10/07
Author Last Night's Bash 10/07
royston
ranger

Posted: 11-07-2008 09:50   
BASH GENERAL?S REPORT

The bash started off well with about six players in the land (I think there was one invis.). The SV count was dropping at a steady if slow rate. It looked very promising.

I managed to acquire an FS very quickly and it was stolen from me without me realising by another player. Looking at the log I now know who it was. That wasn?t friendly.

After a while Zedar, minding his own business, came across a fight in progress between Talktome and Joram. He dealt with temptation the best way he could by giving in to it and, despite his assurances in the Tearoom before the Bash, he joined in. Not on any particular side, I believe, though he later said he got confused.

So we had a yet another PK in the land. The word spread quickly and everyone except me and a couple of others rushed for the sanctuary of the Tearoom. I was blissfully unaware of this, almost on my own, with a homicidal maniac roaming the Land. Only he wasn?t there anymore, was he? His quarry Joram was safely in the Tearoom. Talktome had failed in his attempted execution and disappeared. There will be no hugs and kisses-on-the-cheek for him from fellow members of the Casa Nostra tonight.

Interesting that no one knew who Talktome was. There was obviously an experienced player behind him able reach a decent level quite quickly. There is a familiar MO here. Get to a high level; PK, preferably on a Bash Night; disappear never to be seen with that particular persona again.

So, with everyone in the Tearoom, the Mobiles were not being dealt with in the traditional way. The SV was simply not dropping nearly fast enough for a win.

Meanwhile Hal again threatened to open up the Redwoods. That was his idea of a joke. And, as if things were not already difficult enough, someone did just that. Hal had a twenty-four carat alibi. He was in the Tearoom with all the other layabouts. The thing you have to ask yourself is this. Who was left in the land? Looking at the log I cannot myself work it out and in any case it might have been someone invis.

With 165 left and only 41 minutes of play to go, I eventually gave up and joined the other nine players in the Tearoom leaving Mephistoph to battle it out on his own.

And so the evening would have ended had not Crazyfool quickly set up a Sorc. War.

This idea was met with great enthusiasm. There were seven Sorcerised Sorcerers in the game at one count. During his random wanderings, Fishcake came across four players at the swamp. Pktharg and Lulu were both beating up Haal and Noob was watching, obviously waiting until such time as they were seriously weakened before taking them on. Fishcake did what anyone else would do in the circumstances - K ALL. Haal however fled in time and Noob had by now attacked Lulu. Pktharg was the first to flee, then LuLu, then Fishcake.

Fishcake had a fairly safe place to recover but had rs?d to it after fleeing from the swamp where he dropped his means of leaving his ?safe? place. He was stuck without any kit. There must have been quite a bit of kit in the bottom of that swamp. His only way out was that of being summoned. By the time Crazyfool had realised his predicament and got him out of it, only he and Lulu were left. There followed a game of hide and seek in the Scriptorium. It was well into a fight before Fishcake, who had been wondering why his maps of the Scriptorium don?t quite match up to the directions appearing on the monitor, realised what was going on and started to use his wp. There was no fleeing this time and the result was a well earned victory for Lulu.

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
gobstopper
pilgrim

Posted: 11-07-2008 10:21   
As far as the elusive Talktome goes, he is a member of Fight Club but is yet to fight. Looks like Hal forgot to put him on the latest ladder too. It could only be.... big H!

View Profile of gobstopper      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Tzunami
cabalist

Posted: 11-07-2008 12:18   
If you've got 5-10 people who want to kill the mobiles then you really don't need to all quit because of one pk.

Doesn't matter how experienced the player is, they'll have a tough time taking on more than 5 of you. Just organise more, hand out summon protection, stick together and tackle areas one at a time. Noone is going to steam in and attempt to kill all of you at one time, except maybe Po. The only time you should all quit is in this circumstance:

Wh eagle. One carried by Po
Wh ls. One carried by Po.

Soil self.qq

View Profile of Tzunami      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Crazyfool
Wizard

Posted: 11-07-2008 18:18   
Classic Tsu. Po loves his eagle.

Talktome? As far as im aware he only attacked one person then qqedd.

Cf

View Profile of Crazyfool      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Crowley
pioneer

Posted: 11-07-2008 22:45   
That's classic Hawumph right there. The griefing goit!

what?

View Profile of Crowley   Email Crowley   ICQ status         Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
ulath
cabalist

Posted: 12-07-2008 12:12   
I would like to point out that the second person who attacked Joram was Leak not Zedar , he was as good as his word and didnt pk on the bash , and Leak was killed in retalliation for his transgression !

View Profile of ulath      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
royston
ranger

Posted: 12-07-2008 13:04   
My apologies to Zedar.

I have just rechecked the log. I was told at first that it was Talktome and Zedar. My informant later corrected this to Talktome and Leak. I regret I missed this on reading through the log when writing my report.

Zedar is innocent and kept his word.

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Armand
explorer

Posted: 12-07-2008 13:30   
Zedar did attack Talktome, but I suppose you guys would consider that doesn't count

View Profile of Armand      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Crazyfool
Wizard

Posted: 12-07-2008 16:28   
And then I attacked Zedar...

View Profile of Crazyfool      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
royston
ranger

Posted: 12-07-2008 18:00   
No wonder everyone hid in the Tearoom.

Miek
pioneer

Posted: 13-07-2008 21:31   
It was talktome who attacked me,
Quite bravely I might add as I was kitted up, and he only had the croquet mallet - nevertheless he fled never to be seen again.

/Zedar
P.S. Good report

[ This Message was edited by: miek on 13-07-2008 21:34 ]

View Profile of Miek      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
[New Topic]   [Reply]
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic

These forums may be read by anyone, but only registered mudII.co.uk
players may post. When posting, please refrain from behaviour
not tolerated in the game.

These forums are moderated.