[Edit Profile]  [Edit Your Preferences]  [Search]
[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
MUDII Forum Index » » General Chat » » Last Nigt's Bash 31/07
Author Last Nigt's Bash 31/07
royston
ranger

Posted: 01-08-2008 10:50   
BASH-LEADER?S REPORT

I did my first SV at 9.07pm when there were 146 left (147 dead) and 98 minutes to go. It does not take a Newton or even a newt to realise that that means one mobile has to go every forty seconds. We started off with four players in the Land, or so I thought, though I suspect now that one of the four was chatting in the Tearoom with CF. Of the three remaining, one was a Swordsman who had obviously been taking the air. So with just two MUs and one non-MU, it was going to be a struggle.

I killed three easy mobiles and did another SV to check on my own rate of kill. The time was now 9.14pm. There were now 148 left (145 dead) with 91 minutes left. These figures make no sense at all . It was as though someone was bringing them back from the dead. I have checked the log a dozen times simply because I do not believe it.

Anyway enough of that. We battled on and bit by bit we were joined by late comers. We were soon up to six players and then eleven. And I was foolishly optimistic.

After almost an hour?s fighting, an SV at 10.10pm showed that there were 68 left (225 dead) and all of 35 minutes left. Clearly the killing rate had not gone up and we were still up against it. But unknown to me, the Pag had opened. CF kindly cleared this out as well as the Great Gate. This immediately reduced the SV to 49.

At this time, having suffered some mild unpleasantness with several dwarfs at the same time, I was myself in the Tearoom. I saw immediately why we were making no headway. Six players were in the Tearoom all drinking tea and no doubt munching biscuits IRL, which they had not earned, all chatting away. No amount of chivvying on my part would get them to move.

Those few who still wanted to fight, battled on, but with five minutes left, and after consulting CF, the bash was abandoned in favour of a scramble for T.

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
ewarwoowar
cabalist

Posted: 01-08-2008 12:14   
I was there for you in spirit buddy, but sadly couldn't make it as it was my son's 18th birthday and we were all out for the evening.

I would have thought that getting 11 players on at one time would have improved the atmosphere and excitement, but clearly there are some who perhaps don't agree.

Did they not know a bash was in progress? (Can't believe they didn't). Perhaps they didn't want to chance losing their personas? Maybe they just wanted to be 'in' for the possibility of gaining a few thousand points without running the risk of losing their personas? Or perhaps they just wanted to spectate?

Anyway, I'll try and get on next week (and promise not to swamp the ggs! )

View Profile of ewarwoowar      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
royston
ranger

Posted: 01-08-2008 12:38   
There's nothing sinister in lazing round the Tearoom. It's just that that's what they want to do, which is fair enough.

I forgot the obit:-

*obit
The following players have died in fights this reset:

Norm the dragonfly-slaying, surrealist swordsman, killed by the ogre.

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
blib
explorer

Posted: 01-08-2008 16:48   
Just out of interest. If I wanted to join a 'bash', where exactly would I have to go?

Thanks in advance.

View Profile of blib   Email blib      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
ewarwoowar
cabalist

Posted: 01-08-2008 16:55   
Simply enter the Land about 9pm on Thursdays and wait for the reset.

Team up with others or go it alone and...hack and slay (mobs not players I hasten to add!).

View Profile of ewarwoowar      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
royston
ranger

Posted: 01-08-2008 17:42   
Nice bite Blib.

blib
explorer

Posted: 01-08-2008 22:08   
Quote:

On 01-08-2008 17:42, royston wrote:
Nice bite Blib.

I asked the question on behalf of newbies who may come across this thread and not understand the ins and outs of a Bash.

View Profile of blib   Email blib      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
[New Topic]   [Reply]
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic

These forums may be read by anyone, but only registered mudII.co.uk
players may post. When posting, please refrain from behaviour
not tolerated in the game.

These forums are moderated.