[Edit Profile]  [Edit Your Preferences]  [Search]
[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
MUDII Forum Index » » General Chat » » Last Night's bash 04/09
Author Last Night's bash 04/09
royston
ranger

Posted: 05-09-2008 17:33   
BASH MAJOR'S REPORT.

Yes this week I was elected Bash-Major. A bit of a demotion from General but I have been a Captain before.

It was good. I think it might have been the best yet. I certainly enjoyed it. I even enjoyed the fight I lost to Krisboyd when it was all over. A fight, which looking back at the log, I deserved to lose. But more of that later.

It started off with just Krisboyd, Fantods, Leak and me. I did my first sv count three minutes into the game and as roughly expected there were 158 mobiles to kill. This meant that if we killed one every forty seconds, we would just scrape home. But the more difficult mobiles are usually left to the end, so I always hope that by about half way through the game, we can get down to just one mobile left for each minute left.

Krisboyd organised the pillar almost immediately. But for some reason it took some time. When we eventually got through, I was surprised to be warned that Bas was still alive and nearby, although crippled. Still, we all survived this ordeal and the game got going.

On the way to the pc I got blocked by z2 and z5 when the thief also appeared, lurking in the background the way he does. z2 cleared off but z5 was still blocking me. I took both him and the thief on. I killed z5, when Krisboyd, whom I had previously asked to help me raise the pc, arrived on scene at the same time as the man. He attacked both the thief and the man. I was still only fighting the thief. However I did help with the man once the thief was dead. After a bit of chasing around with several flees from him, the man did his final flee. When I followed I found Krisboyd already there on his own. I assumed he had dealt with him.

Now I knew that Leak was sorting out the ws's, as was his wont, and it was he afterwards who finally helped me open the pc. Together we cleared out all the gobs.

There then followed a bit of an aside as Nero, we were told, was about to go N. For some strange reason this excited everyone and there was a suggestion that a "Nero team" be got ready. Why this should be I have no idea. At the same time there was a lot of flute playing going on, so I knew the way was being paved for a dragon kill. It appeared that it might have been Fantods who was being musical. But it was Krisboyd who later got the "dragonslayer" tag.

After 34 minutes of play with 71 minutes left we were down to 110. We were still virtually at the 1 every 40 seconds (1 every 38.72 seconds to be exact). A qw showed that we had been joined by Heiach (who, I believe was still in the Tearoom), Nero (who was clearly not going to leave the Tearoom under any circumstances), Hocus (who was certainly in The Land somewhere), Dogtanian (who at protector level I would think was also watching from the Tearoom), and Cen (without whom there would be no one to impress).

I noticed that Fantods was given an "explosive" tag. Was this the whoosh I had heard earlier?

Fantods and Hocus did the Keep. And it took me three goes to kill the Stag.

The dwarfs were next on the agenda and I hoped this would help with putting the Bash on track. We were all there, all five of us, and it was great fun. This was more like it.

Meanwhile Blib had appeared without opening the Giants' and so had Mustard who went N.

Half way through all this dwarf blood letting at 28 minutes to go and there were still 52 mobiles left. Leaving 1 to be killed every 32 seconds. We were still nowhere near the magic figure of one a minute. In fact we were slipping. But suddenly at ten minutes to go there were just ten mobiles left . I have no doubt this was greatly due to Paine deciding to go N.

The Spider met her doom. I do not know who was responsible and I am always pleased when I am in no way involved. I never know how to deal with her. In fact the only way I know of enticing her out of her lair is to con Leak into pulling the cord.

The fun really got going when there were only two left. After a short while it was determined that SK1 was one of the two. Fantods quickly dealt with it. And now there was one. Here is the log of locating the Ox. Just how long had Hocus been lugging that Ox about? It must be a weight!

*In the distance, you hear a loud "MOO".
*A female voice in the distance cheers.
*Crazyfool the stand-up wizard cheers.
*wh ox
1 carried by Hocus the dragonfly-slaying, magical superhero.
*A male voice in the distance shouts "kill that thing".
*A male voice in the distance shouts "KILL it HOCUS".
*wh hocus
1 in the place known as "woodsman's hut".
*Crazyfool the stand-up wizard shouts "dont spam please".

The Ox met its end In Front Of The Hut. Present were Krisboyd, Fantods, Hocus and me. We all had a hand in killing it. And it was all over.

Now that the bash was over and realising that I might be in some sort of danger I qq'd. But, to my utter surprise, I found I was already in a fight with Krisboyd. I said earlier on that I deserved to loose this fight and I did eventually flee. I won't say I was panicking, that would not be fair to myself, but in the heat of the moment, I certainly got confused. I did two really stupid things. Kris went invis., putting me at a disadvantage. And instead of entering the command "vis foe", for some strange reason, I kept on putting in "unblind foe", not once but several times, and lost all my magic. The other thing was even more unforgivable. I had a perfectly good staff in my hand and there was a dagger on the floor but at no time did I use either. I was fighting him with my bare hands! But I did escape and I have now got my magic back.

Finally (and I know I don't always say this as I ought) my thanks to CF for arranging and running the bash.

[ This Message was edited by: royston on 05-09-2008 17:48 ]

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
blib
explorer

Posted: 05-09-2008 17:55   
Royston said: "Meanwhile Blib had appeared without opening the Giants'"

Glad to be of service.

(Drop the apostrophe next time. )

View Profile of blib   Email blib      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
royston
ranger

Posted: 05-09-2008 18:20   
Giants' is short for Giants' Realm!!

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Armand
explorer

Posted: 05-09-2008 21:18   
I didn't open Redwood!

View Profile of Armand      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
blib
explorer

Posted: 05-09-2008 22:17   
[quote]
On 05-09-2008 18:20, royston wrote:
Giants' is short for Giants' Realm!!

Nope, not acceptable. Do it again

View Profile of blib   Email blib      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
royston
ranger

Posted: 05-09-2008 22:36   
I decline as I have declined it and found the case is genitive.

[ This Message was edited by: royston on 05-09-2008 22:39 ]

[New Topic]   [Reply]
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic

These forums may be read by anyone, but only registered mudII.co.uk
players may post. When posting, please refrain from behaviour
not tolerated in the game.

These forums are moderated.