[Edit Profile]  [Edit Your Preferences]  [Search]
[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
MUDII Forum Index » » General Chat » » Redwoods
Author Redwoods
Crowley
pioneer

Posted: 23-12-2008 10:01   
Hello

Obviously, I've not been around much recently, and there's this area called the redwoods, the method of opening of which I understand is a game secret.

However, when the area was first implemented (from the competition, right?) I understand there was a hint in the MOTD, or a sign when you entered the tearoom. Is there any chance of a repeat of that hint, for the thick among us?

And as a side note, is there any way to browse through old MOTDs?

toodle pip

Crowley

View Profile of Crowley   Email Crowley   ICQ status         Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
royston
ranger

Posted: 23-12-2008 13:02   
The fewer people who know how to open the Redwoods the better. It's bad enough with just one!

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Zalagar
pioneer

Posted: 23-12-2008 15:59   
Getting into the redwoods... hmm. I'm sure somewhere there's something that can provide the right spin on the situation. But it's not entirely clear just where it could be.

Of course, the fact that too few people are familiar with redwoods (I can't say I'm that familiar with it myself, only being there a few times and not being all that active lately) does contribute to a number of failed bashes.

Should I give a list of known mobiles in the redwoods, just so people know what to WH?

View Profile of Zalagar      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Crowley
pioneer

Posted: 23-12-2008 17:42   
Spin... not clear... Hrm

Hi Laura, by the way! Nice to see you, congratulations on finishing your area. Really impressed that you managed it!

View Profile of Crowley   Email Crowley   ICQ status         Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Crowley
pioneer

Posted: 23-12-2008 22:14   
I've been spinning the spinny thing non stop! All it got was my warlock drowned! ARGH!

Crowley
pioneer

Posted: 23-12-2008 22:36   
And then randomly, it worked the next reset. Must be an occasional thing :) Thanks for the hints everyone!

Zalagar
pioneer

Posted: 24-12-2008 02:20   
No, the Redwoods isn't my area at all. My area idea was an old ruined temple in the woods behind the monastery, but I never got around to submitting it.

The redwoods was Apeomancer's idea.

[ This Message was edited by: Zalagar on 24-12-2008 02:22 ]

View Profile of Zalagar      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Hawumph
Arch-Wizard

Posted: 24-12-2008 10:08   
Quote:

On 23-12-2008 22:14, Crowley wrote:
I've been spinning the spinny thing non stop! All it got was my warlock drowned! ARGH!

Ah well, now you have worked it out you can look forward to getting caught between a Roc and a hard place!

How 'bout them transparent dangling carrots? It's not fair to deny me, the cross-eyed bear that you gave to me. You otter know!!!

View Profile of Hawumph   Email Hawumph   Goto the website of Hawumph      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Crowley
pioneer

Posted: 24-12-2008 10:52   
I couldn't bear that. It would make me antsy.

Gadget
friar

Posted: 24-12-2008 12:41   
If you use the 'GA' command after login you can read archived MOTDs....

View Profile of Gadget        Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Maxmage
cabalist

Posted: 27-03-2009 11:23   
: emerges from under a vast pile of PhD work.

Don't worry Crowley - the spinny thing lock got me too (that bit wasn't my idea, and it didn't work quite like that when the areas first appeared). Kind of embarrassing, failing to get into an area you designed yourself...

Apeo

[ This Message was edited by: Maxmage on 27-03-2009 11:23 ]

View Profile of Maxmage      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
[New Topic]   [Reply]
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic

These forums may be read by anyone, but only registered mudII.co.uk
players may post. When posting, please refrain from behaviour
not tolerated in the game.

These forums are moderated.