[Edit Profile]  [Edit Your Preferences]  [Search]
[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
MUDII Forum Index » » General Chat » » Bash Rpeort 05/02
Author Bash Rpeort 05/02
royston
ranger

Posted: 06-02-2009 11:55   
ROYSTON?S RIGOROUS REPORT

Sadly this Bash was not a repeat of last week?s. And I am not talking about not winning. Quite honestly getting 3k is a bonanza when you are a struggling swordsman for the first time but as you get on a bit it becomes less of one. Somehow to me, the Bash lacked atmosphere. I have been soul searching all morning as to why I felt this way. All bashes seem to continue for some time with everyone doing their own thing, their own little part of the Land, just mopping up the mobiles but towards the end when only the ?heavy? stuff is left, we normally come together to form teams. That is where the ?atmosphere? is created. Friendships formed in the heat of battle and all that. Personally I find working as part of a team towards a common goal is the most satisfying part of a Bash. And last night it just did not happen.

Apart from there being no election for a Bash-General, it started of perfectly normally as it always does with a rush for kit. Once more I missed out on the dagger and settled for the staff. And by the time I got where my one and only known wf is located, it had gone. Frostmourn the Hero got to it and the dagger just ahead of me. Other players were Caboose the Sorcerer, and Cenedra and Hal both Warlocks. I knew that Cen and Hal would be chatting in the Tearoom (and that is a comment not a criticism), so that left jus three, Caboose, who was coming on nicely and Frostmourn, whom I very mistakenly though was new, not having come across him before, and me. Meanwhile Fantods came into the game and we were four.

Anyway we got stuck in. I bumped into Frostmourn in the Gobs. I had to hit a door down with my staff, having forgotten to get a key. I hate that. It seems so amateur not using a key. On the other side I bumped into elg and I only just survived that encounter. Eventually I found myself stuck once more in the Treasure Chamber. In the scramble for kit I had forgotten to site. Will I ever learn? I came out of the game and went straight back in. Picking a key up on the way and passing both Caboose, weighed down with T, and Frostmourn, valiantly beating up two fireflies at once, I made my way back to the Gobs.

And then it was on to the WSs as usual. About half way through this someone shouted they were having fun with some apes. So the Pag had opened up. I went on to the snow of North Mountain, where I dealt with the pony and the Snowbird but the Snowleopard escaped me into the blizzard. I made my way back through the Pag dealing with a troublesome ape on the way. In the middle of this there was a lot of shouting about the pillar being set up and was I interested. I got to the Classical Ruin just in time.

Back in the land I found a second, and I think the last, ape. Meanwhile I had strangely become invisible. It?s very odd when something like that happens and you do not know why. But of course it wore off. I spent most of my invisibility asleep recovering my stam.

I then came across hh and decided to see if I could run with him. On my way to find a boat to go to the Fairy Ring (not the best of starts), I got blocked by z9. So I did what I always do when blocked by a z: ?k 1 mob wi wp?. So I killed the hh. Will I never learn?

I mopped up in the Formal Garden and out of interest did a QW. Talktome the Warlock and Leak the Swordsman had joined us but I could not sure if they were in the land or in the Tearoom. But significantly Frostmourn was now a Dragon-slaying Champion. He immediately did a conversion to Sorcerer without making a big deal of it. Just one whoop that?s all.

At 19 minutes left we still had to do: The Sea Life, Golem, V and the Wraith, the Spider, the Keep and the Dwarfs. I went out just to see who was in the Tearoom. Leak and Hal were there and it looked like it was just Talktome and me in the Land. Frostmourn had to be there as well but invis. I killed a bee or rather it died after giving me a sting. I wandered round for a bit and found the piglet I had missed earlier. Then at about 10 minutes to go I also lost heart and retired to the Tearoom.

Talktome had disappeared so that left Frostmourn all on his own. He, unlike me, stuck it to the end. There were 43 mobs left at the reset.

But there were 250 dead. My own contribution was exactly 28 and I felt as though I had been going non-stop. So even allowing for contributions from other players and some mobs killing each other, I suspect most were done by Frostmourn. I wonder who he is. If he was there before the Bash using his main persona, I think I know.

[ This Message was edited by: royston on 06-02-2009 12:04 ]

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Crazyfool
Wizard

Posted: 06-02-2009 20:48   
My connection went before bash and I couldnt be bothered to mess around as I was ill. Ill be back next week for bash.

View Profile of Crazyfool      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Crowley
pioneer

Posted: 06-02-2009 21:20   
Sometimes you're up, sometimes you're down. Sorry I've not been around this week. Had sick kids, and tons of work on. On a plus note, got a solo bash down to 38 mobs - it's my new mission!

View Profile of Crowley   Email Crowley   ICQ status         Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
royston
ranger

Posted: 06-02-2009 21:58   
That's record breaking stuff. Send a copy of the log (just the OBIT ME bit) to Heiach. It might get his site moving again.

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Crowley
pioneer

Posted: 06-02-2009 22:01   
Nah, had it down to 14 or something before.

View Profile of Crowley   Email Crowley   ICQ status         Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
royston
ranger

Posted: 06-02-2009 22:06   
http://www.heiach.co.uk/muddle/

Go to mudii records then Best Solo Bash

Crowley
pioneer

Posted: 06-02-2009 22:23   
My OBIT ME was 121, so 2nd place. It was only a first attempt though!

edit: not seen that page before! I've equalled the top HH time, and thrashed the top reset score by over 10k. muhahaha!

[ This Message was edited by: crowley on 06-02-2009 22:40 ]

royston
ranger

Posted: 07-02-2009 08:27   
My Hero!

[ This Message was edited by: Royston on 07-02-2009 10:49 ]

Crowley
pioneer

Posted: 07-02-2009 10:02   
One day I hope to make superhero.

Armand
explorer

Posted: 07-02-2009 17:13   
Apologies if I appeared to be ignoring anyone during this bash. I was AFK the entire set.

Heiach's mudii records should be based on some kind of standard like highest score in a solo set. Otherwise its distorted by things like player kills, increased VALs etc.

On Hawumph's charts (I think) there is a top HH score of 380 seconds which is godlike! I've often puzzled over how that was achieved.

View Profile of Armand      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Crowley
pioneer

Posted: 07-02-2009 17:29   
by being turrican?

Armand
explorer

Posted: 07-02-2009 17:53   
I said Turrican. Oh wait, I said godlike. Same difference

View Profile of Armand      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Crowley
pioneer

Posted: 08-02-2009 13:07   
I seem to remember I asked him once how he did it, and he said he just got really lucky with the locations. Combine that with his speed and it goes a long way to explain it

[New Topic]   [Reply]
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic

These forums may be read by anyone, but only registered mudII.co.uk
players may post. When posting, please refrain from behaviour
not tolerated in the game.

These forums are moderated.