[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
MUDII Forum Index » » General Chat » » Dragon bash
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Author Dragon bash
Crazyfool
Wizard

Posted: 16-03-2009 11:31   
Ok.

1.Dragon bashs are lethal. You WILL die.

2.Im happy to run this because it will be funny for me to watch you all die.

Whose up for it? Say a week on thursday so thats..the 26th!

Cf

View Profile of Crazyfool      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
blib
explorer

Posted: 16-03-2009 17:12   
There's a dragon???!

View Profile of blib   Email blib      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
royston
ranger

Posted: 16-03-2009 17:47   
I'm game for it.

When one persona dies will we be allowed to bring on another without being accused of loobying?

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Crazyfool
Wizard

Posted: 16-03-2009 18:12   
Yeah. You can bring on as many as you have..trust me..you will need em.

Zalagar
cleric

Posted: 16-03-2009 18:51   
So, it's not going to be a bash like the one we had on MUD2.com? There, we PREPARED for it in advance.

We gathered all the weapons and wafers we could find, and distributed them amongst ourselves. There were 19 of us, and most of us were using highlifes.

We grabbed wafers from dwarfs, pagoda, and everywhere else we could reach. Then, one of us volunteered to open the fairy ring.

From there, we ventured to beneath the altar. And then, when someone spotted the dragon, we rushed to attack it, and the battle began.

The battle was a surreal one (made all the more surreal from my point of view because of lag -- making me perceive it as happening in slow motion like some war dramas do battle scenes where there are lots of casualties).

And then people started dying, and the bell tolled. Five people died, and several others found themselves with single-digit stamina.

But in the end, the dragon fell. Almost instantly, everyone started cheering wildly. Soon, many of us returned to the tearoom to relax and celebrate. And of course, there were fireworks.

So, we didn't need to constantly bring in other personae. There were enough of us there, and we knew what we were doing and prepared beforehand.

All in all, it was probably one of THE most exciting moments I've had in MUD2.

Laura/Zalagar

View Profile of Zalagar      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Crazyfool
Wizard

Posted: 16-03-2009 22:35   
See! Even Zalagar endorses it!

Armand
explorer

Posted: 17-03-2009 00:17   
Enough to take part with Laura? <g>

View Profile of Armand      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Heiach
Wizard

Posted: 18-03-2009 10:03   
Sounds good to me. It would be nice to see a lot of highlives in the land working together toward a common goal.

View Profile of Heiach   Email Heiach   Goto the website of Heiach          Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Armand
explorer

Posted: 18-03-2009 10:44   
I'll take part.

Actually, there's no need for highlifes for this type of event. A warlock will do no better than a hero since the stats are the same and magic is useless on the island. Technically you could load a str/dex before the fight but that would be of limited duration and would only make a minor difference.

Crazyfool
Wizard

Posted: 18-03-2009 21:06   
So, its settled, next Thursday it is.

and if you all die..then i guess your up s**t SNEAK!

hahahahahahaah

royston
ranger

Posted: 19-03-2009 06:42   
From what Zalagar is saying , we need to be organised in advance and someone, who knows what they are doing, has to organise us.

I propose Hal for General for this event. Anyone second the proposal?

[ This Message was edited by: royston on 19-03-2009 06:43 ]

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Armand
explorer

Posted: 19-03-2009 10:38   
To be organised we will need:

1. As many wafers as possible. This means not eating them during the kit gathering stage. Flee if necessary to save wafers (but not in a way that will allow the mobile to eat them). If you're not sure how to do this, leave wafer gathering to someone else.

2. Vials. These will not work on the island, so pretty much only the stat modifying ones will be useful.

3. Pillar. There will be no hurry like in a bash, so we should make sure everyone gets this.

4. Good weapons. Longsword, broadsword, sickle, valetant, shortsword, etc.

5. A supply of personae. Stats usually max out at hero, which is only 3200 points. Create an account or two now and start making heroes. The more the better! Magic doesn't work on the island, so don't worry about doing the touchstone. EDIT: use the reroll command at novice to achieve as close to 50/50/50 starting stats as possible. This will in turn get you as close to 100/100/100 as possible at hero.

6. An easy way to the island. I propose a bow/baton link to the fairy ring from the hut, so that players can easily jump straight back into the fight.

7. Mobile assistance. Normally I'd suggest the eagle and rats, but these will attack other players too. The ox springs to mind as one potential ally.

8. This one is a tactical rather than an organisational point. Every time someone dies to the dragon, its score will go up and it will be harder to kill. Therefore I suggest that fleeing on very low stamina (10 or less) is a better strategy than dying to it.

[ This Message was edited by: Armand on 20-03-2009 22:53 ]

blib
explorer

Posted: 19-03-2009 13:51   
9) Avoid sleeping near cliff edges.

Armand
explorer

Posted: 19-03-2009 14:37   
Oh Blib, if you could open Giants that would be helpful as there are some additional wafers we can grab from there

Crazyfool
Wizard

Posted: 19-03-2009 20:58   
I will put the fairy ring somewhere central for you..as well as looking after the coal

blib
explorer

Posted: 19-03-2009 22:01   
Quote:

On 19-03-2009 14:37, Armand wrote:
Oh Blib, if you could open Giants that would be helpful as there are some additional wafers we can grab from there

I may be busy washing my hair that night.

Heiach
Wizard

Posted: 20-03-2009 19:03   
And also if all you're using are heroes, every time someone does die, the dragon won't get too much stronger than if a warlock died.

View Profile of Heiach   Email Heiach   Goto the website of Heiach          Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Tharg
friar

Posted: 20-03-2009 19:18   
Would it be feasible to put all the wfs in a container on the floor, so people can take them as they need em?

View Profile of Tharg      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Crowley
pioneer

Posted: 20-03-2009 19:43   
Depends if you want the dragon to have them too.

Plus, all it takes is for one silly bugger to type "eat wf" instead of "eat a wf" and you're all (more) dead.

View Profile of Crowley   Email Crowley   ICQ status         Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Hawumph
Arch-Wizard

Posted: 21-03-2009 08:33   
Quote:

On 20-03-2009 19:43, Crowley wrote:
Depends if you want the dragon to have them too.

Plus, all it takes is for one silly bugger to type "eat wf" instead of "eat a wf" and you're all (more) dead.

Yes, people mistyping eat a wf could be fatal. Couldn't it Crowley?

http://www.hawumph.co.uk/embarassment.htm

muahahahahahaha

How 'bout them transparent dangling carrots? It's not fair to deny me, the cross-eyed bear that you gave to me. You otter know!!!

View Profile of Hawumph   Email Hawumph   Goto the website of Hawumph      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
[New Topic]   [Reply]
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic

These forums may be read by anyone, but only registered mudII.co.uk
players may post. When posting, please refrain from behaviour
not tolerated in the game.

These forums are moderated.