[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
MUDII Forum Index » » General Chat » » Last Night's Bash 02/04
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Author Last Night's Bash 02/04
royston
ranger

Posted: 03-04-2009 11:16   
ROYSTON?S RAMBLINGS - BASH REPORT 3rd April 2009

We started the Bash on our own as there was no Wiz available and consequently no election for a Bash-General. We just each got on with it. I got in a bit late (Thanks to listening to Cenedra) and missed out on the good kit but stilll managed to get hold of the falchion, which was good enough. Those in the land were: Reddevil the Warlock, Odd the necromancer,Doughnut the Yeoman and me (Sorcerer).

I decided to start off the serious business by setting up the pillar. Unfortunately Reddevil had set up the Caved in Grave as a nice little hide-away and was using the pointers. I got on and with some difficulty dealt with the Basilisk, Even more unfortunately though someone had swampped the pillar which sadly even using the appropriate vial could not be recovered. No one should ever criticise a Newbie for swamping some ?capable? T. It happens.

Meanwhile Kael the Sorceror and Wellard the Superhero had joined in and I interrupted Wellard down the well. It is almost impossible to do a Bash without being an MU but one can do some useful work down the well. I left Wellard to carry on. Next time I saw him he was a Sorcerer.

Later teaming up Wellard, we started on the Dwarfs. This involed just one flee me when I was for once on my own and heavily outnumbered. The Dwarfs took some time. Odd soon found us and joined in the melee. We finished off the Surlies, leaving only the Thicksets in the Treasure Chamber. I recovered my stam and went out after them. There was no sign of Wellard or Odd but Kael appeared on cue asking what was left. So together we went after the remaining three dwarfs. But we were too late.

*Kael the sorcerer waves.
*wave
OK, Royston the dragonfly-slaying sorcerer waves.
*Kael the sorcerer has started to accompany you.
*Kael the sorcerer says "all done?".
*"No thickset left
Royston the dragonfly-slaying sorcerer says "No thickset left".
*Kael the sorcerer nods.
*odd thickset
You tell your listeners "thickset".
*Kael the sorcerer makes some magical gestures.
*ql
Low passage.
The door is open.
Kael the sorcerer is here.
*Kael the sorcerer says "giants open?".
*l e
You look eastward, but it's too dark to see anything there.
*A male voice in the distance shouts "how you lot doing ?".
*"ready?
Royston the dragonfly-slaying sorcerer asks "ready?".
*Kael the sorcerer nods.
*e
King's treasure chamber.
A piece of useful tin ore lies here. A piece of useful tin ore lies here. A
piece of useful tin ore lies here. A piece of useful tin ore lies here. A
circular medallion has been dropped here. A piece of useful tin ore lies
here. The door is open.
Kael the sorcerer has just arrived.

Meanwhile the Giants? opened up. I have said it before: The SV count to the time left ratio will always give a guide as to the way the Bash is going. On a good night, it will start at 2 per minute left then drop to 3 per 2 minutes (when you can start feeling confident) then to 1 per minute (when you can be really confident).

This is the result of SV counts at various times for this evening:

SV Count/Time left (mins)
148/89
121/82
96/75
64/57
101/51 (Giants' opened)
67/29
54/16
24/118 (seconds)

It can be seen that the Giants? opening was a disaster as it doubled the ratio from about 1 to 1 to 2 to 1, making success at this satge extremely unlikely, if not impossible. It was a disater in another respect too:

*obit
The following players have died in fights this reset:
(Reddevil the giant-killing warlock), killed by the giant,
Wellard the sorcerer, killed by 2 giants,
Royston the dragonfly-slaying sorcerer, killed by the giant and 2
goblins.

Enough said.

[ This Message was edited by: royston on 03-04-2009 14:43 ]

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
blib
explorer

Posted: 03-04-2009 16:56   
Verbose.

View Profile of blib   Email blib      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
royston
ranger

Posted: 03-04-2009 19:58   
Indeed - for you that is!

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Crowley
pioneer

Posted: 03-04-2009 20:37   
Excellent bash report. Bravo.

View Profile of Crowley   Email Crowley   ICQ status         Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Magician
cleric

Posted: 03-04-2009 21:24   
Now, what plonker swamped the pillar?! <blushes>.

Excellent write up again. Thanks

[ This Message was edited by: Magician on 03-04-2009 21:26 ]

View Profile of Magician   Email Magician      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
royston
ranger

Posted: 04-04-2009 08:08   
Like I said, no one should ever criticise a newbie......

But what gets me, is why anyone is swamping T instead of getting on with the Bash, especially so early in the proceedings. I also heard the cannon go off. The same thing applies. It is wasting valuable time. I can understand it when after spending perhaps 10/15 minutes sorting the dwarfs out and one is surrounded by a load of valuable T and it's going to take hardly any time to nip off down with it. I have done that myself. But a systematic trawl, scooping up surface T, for example, is not on when the rest of us are working our socks off.

The other thing I would like to get off my chest is the suspicion that some players nip in at the start, kill an easy mobile, then retire to the Tearoom, perhaps using a different persona, and keep themselves ready to nip back in before the final kill just to get the 3K.

What was interesting in this Bash was being without a leader. I wonder if the attack on the Giants would have been any different had we been better organised.

[ This Message was edited by: royston on 04-04-2009 08:11 ]

blib
explorer

Posted: 04-04-2009 08:11   
Quote:

The other thing I would like to get off my chest is the suspicion that some players nip in at the start. kill an easy mobile, then retire to the Tearoom, perhaps using a different persona, and keep themselves ready to nip back in before the final kill just to get the 3K.

Points are for wimps.....ergo.....HTH.

royston
ranger

Posted: 04-04-2009 08:16   
What are you doing up so early? Sneaking?

blib
explorer

Posted: 04-04-2009 09:44   
Nope, Grand Prix qualifyinginginging....ing.

Actually, this begs the same question. WHat are YOU doing up so early?

And don't give me the old, "different time zone" malarkey. I wasn't born yesterday. If you lived in a different time zone, then you wouldn't be able to post on here because as your message tried to upload, the different times would clash and break the interweb.

Weirdo.

[ This Message was edited by: blib on 04-04-2009 09:47 ]

Crowley
pioneer

Posted: 04-04-2009 09:54   
Quote:
The other thing I would like to get off my chest is the suspicion that some players nip in at the start, kill an easy mobile, then retire to the Tearoom, perhaps using a different persona, and keep themselves ready to nip back in before the final kill just to get the 3K.

You can't get the 3k once you've qq'd

View Profile of Crowley   Email Crowley   ICQ status         Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
royston
ranger

Posted: 04-04-2009 10:51   
Quote:

You can't get the 3k once you've qq'd

I'm not so sure about that.

Armand
explorer

Posted: 04-04-2009 11:42   
I've always been lead to believe the 3k criteria is reset-based, not session based. I.e. as long as you've killed a mobile in that reset and are north when the last one is killed, you'll get the points. However I've never actually tested it since as Royston pointed out, its a pretty low thing to do.

People doing treasure and puzzles during a bash is a pet peeve of mine too. Its akin to sneaking: taking advantage of the fact that the game has been made a lot easier from all the players who are bashing. I won't name names, but I've in the past had a player follow me around swamping dwarf T, keep T, etc, right after I've killed the mobiles. I tend to attack such players. Doing the HH is another example as its arguably a lot easier with certain mobiles out of the way.

View Profile of Armand      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Armand
explorer

Posted: 04-04-2009 12:00   
Being the geek that I am, I decided to test it:

1. Kill mobiles to get SV down to 101.
2. QQ and go north again.
3. Have someone else kill a mobile to get SV to 100.

The result was as follows:

*For your information: there are 100 mobiles still alive.
(+150 = 60,624).

I've always wondered whether that info was accurate, so its good to finally know for sure.

royston
ranger

Posted: 04-04-2009 12:24   
Thank you Armand.

I have known for a long time that if you are killed by a mob and come back in the land and the bash finishes before you have had a chance to kill another you still get you bonus.

I used to hide the mouse or the hh for an insurance, before I learnt better.

I just wasn't sure that the same applied if you qq'd. I take it, it does

royston
ranger

Posted: 04-04-2009 12:28   
Quote:

On 04-04-2009 09:44, blib wrote:
Nope, Grand Prix qualifyinginginging....ing.

You shouldn't have too much trouble with that.

[ This Message was edited by: royston on 04-04-2009 12:29 ]

Armand
explorer

Posted: 04-04-2009 14:03   
Quote:
I have known for a long time that if you are killed by a mob and come back in the land and the bash finishes before you have had a chance to kill another you still get you bonus.

That is interesting because it implies the possibility that you do not need to kill a mobile at all to be entitled to the bonus. When you die your persona is deleted and you must create a new one. Even if it happens to have the same name, its still a new persona. I would be surprised if the new persona still contained a record of the fact that it had killed a mobile in a previous life.

Another thing for me to test

Magician
cleric

Posted: 04-04-2009 14:17   
Just for the record I didnt swamp the pillar for points. The thief attacked me, and I dropped the pillar to improve my stats, I didnt realise i was in the swamp. Either way I would have needed to drop it.

I also agree swamping T during a bash isnt really on!

View Profile of Magician   Email Magician      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
royston
ranger

Posted: 04-04-2009 15:03   
Quote:

Another thing for me to test

I wonder if dead is different from dead-dead? I am totally confused now.

Another bullet for Blib to fire!

royston
ranger

Posted: 04-04-2009 15:09   
Quote:

On 04-04-2009 14:17, Magician wrote:
Just for the record I didnt swamp the pillar for points.

I am not going back on what I said in general terms but I have every sympathy with you in your predicament now you have explained it. I apologise if my remarks appeared personal.

[ This Message was edited by: royston on 04-04-2009 15:10 ]

blib
explorer

Posted: 04-04-2009 15:48   
Let's face facts Royston. You've never liked JB have you?

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
[New Topic]   [Reply]
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic

These forums may be read by anyone, but only registered mudII.co.uk
players may post. When posting, please refrain from behaviour
not tolerated in the game.

These forums are moderated.