[New Topic]   [Reply]
[Edit Profile]  [Edit Your Preferences]  [Search]
[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
MUDII Forum Index » » General Chat » » Last Night's Quest (09/07)
Author Last Night's Quest (09/07)
royston
ranger

Posted: 10-07-2009 09:13   
This was the second attempt at the Ice Palace Quest. There were just three of us: Doughnut, Overdraft and me. We got the drawbridge down and went into the Palace. We were not sure there was a ?right? order in which to explore the three towers, so we played safe. We fought our way up the East Tower first then the West, Doughnut went to the top of the East Tower before Overdraft and I climbed up to the top floor West Tower.
We then went on to the Main Tower. On the way we were blocked by a block of ice (pun deliberate to please CF). This proved surprisingly easy to move and we fought out way up. All this took far longer than you might expect reading this account and by this time there were only about ten minutes of the set left. We were now at the same stage as we were at the end of the last time we tried this quest about two or maybe three weeks ago and we still made no further progress after this point. And so it ended.

Lessons learned: The players must quickly come together as a team. Fighting the guards and sentinels on your own doesn?t work. It is also necessary to elect a leader and formulate a plan before the quest is opened.

I hope we are given a third chance to solve this quest. It was highly enjoyable. Thanks must go to CF for setting it up.

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
caboose
cabalist

Posted: 10-07-2009 09:24   
yeah and whats with that sentry?........ i crippled him and he still managed to dodge my wall of flame....... thats a bit out of order

View Profile of caboose      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Tabitha
pilgrim

Posted: 11-07-2009 00:41   
Quote:

On 10-07-2009 09:24, caboose wrote:
yeah and whats with that sentry?........ i crippled him and he still managed to dodge my wall of flame....... thats a bit out of order

It's easy when you know how...

I'll accept bribes via Paypal, hard cash, and sexual favours for the correct solution.

View Profile of Tabitha   Email Tabitha   Goto the website of Tabitha      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
caboose
cabalist

Posted: 11-07-2009 09:17   
brain surgery is easy if you know how........ i don't really want to take about 10 years to learn it though.... how about a bribe in the form of a cookie?

View Profile of caboose      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Crazyfool
Wizard

Posted: 11-07-2009 10:36   
Who you kidding Caboose? Get your pants off and get round there.

View Profile of Crazyfool      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
royston
ranger

Posted: 11-07-2009 10:41   
Quote:

On 11-07-2009 00:41, Tabitha wrote:

I'll accept bribes via Paypal, hard cash, and sexual favours for the correct solution.

Maps?

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Fiz
cabalist

Posted: 11-07-2009 18:26   
I think we should set it up for next week, who's game? and we can all have some notice and plan to be there and help. Aaaaaaaand... I know someone who has maps. <cough cough> And whom you might be able to convince to play too...

View Profile of Fiz        Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Crazyfool
Wizard

Posted: 11-07-2009 20:01   
Its on

View Profile of Crazyfool      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
[New Topic]   [Reply]
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic

These forums may be read by anyone, but only registered mudII.co.uk
players may post. When posting, please refrain from behaviour
not tolerated in the game.

These forums are moderated.