[New Topic]   [Reply]
[Edit Profile]  [Edit Your Preferences]  [Search]
[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
MUDII Forum Index » » General Chat » » Last Night's Bash (17/09)
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Author Last Night's Bash (17/09)
royston
ranger

Posted: 18-09-2009 17:16   
BASH REPORT 17th SEPTEMBER 2009

What makes a good Bash? I couldn?t tell you, unless it is working as a team. But last night?s was a great one, even though we mortals lost in the end and were trailing most of the game.

It was a bit strange as everyone, including me, decided to play their ?not-normal? personas. Foddy did say afterwards that there were some new players among us which bodes well. For those few who did not realise it, I played Probably.

To start with there were just Unlucky the Necromancer and me at Hero. I decided to start under the well. I am always surprised that the Watersnkes have such a high value for such an easy kill. But perhaps I don?t know it all and I am not complaining either.

As he was the only magic user, Unlucky set up the pillar but it took a while as the means of getting to the Classic Ruin kept on travelling to inaccessible places. But he managed it and I interrupted the slaughter of the Watersnakes to get better stats.

Nero the Mage came in but I do not believe he got much further than the Tearoom. It had been ages since we had seen anything of him. I was on my sixth and final Watersnake when Templar came into the game. He was to play a major role. Sabretooth the Wizard also came in and started shouting at us.

I next went into the Formal Garden to look for a key and became entangled with the stag. Stupidly, had not slept after my last fight and, unrealised by me, I was wandering around with a stam of 79. When during that bit of unpleasantness with the stag my stam dropped to 35 I thought it time to call for a bit of help but by the time I typed it in and checked the spelling the Stag hit me twice and I went 35/17/0. So that is how I came to die Dead-Dead. I was so pleased I wasn?t playing Royston.

I was doted back up to Warrior by Crazyfool. Coming back in through the Tearoom, I noticed we now had four players not counting two Wizards Sabretooth and Crazyfool and the Arch-Wizard Foddy. We had been joined by Truco the Pioneer.

Weaponless I tried to steal an axe from a Zombie, who took offence at this, but I got it in the end. Next on my list were the Goblins. And who should I meet but Unlucky the bash-general as we both slid down the Chute. He decided to give me a playful push and I dropped one stam. I recovered all my stamina at the bottom of the Chute, before venturing further. I rushed headlong into the Exceptionally Large Goblin and Unlucky going hammer and tong on the Worn Steps. It was then that I found I was unable to wield the axe. So I dropped it and went for the Goblin bare handed. Unfortunately the Goblin picked up the axe and I thought we were both doomed. But then fortunately Unlucky got the last blow in and it was dead.

Heiach came on but I am sure he had more sense at Mage level to go North, especially as an fyi came up putting his value if killed at 44,918 points.

The next thing I did was spectacularly silly, even for me. I proceeded to smash down the door of the guard room with the axe. Reading the log now, I see that it was open. I should really read what it says. But at least I knew I could now use the axe. Even so, I dropped the axe and picked up a knife. Down below I soon came across a locked door. Not wishing to damage my knife I went back for the axe. Carrying on this way Unlucky and I, working independently, dispatched the remaining Goblins . But it was not long before I managed to get myself in another impossible (or impassable) situation. I managed to get myself stuck in the Treasure Chamber. I knew the axe would have no effect on the door in the South, but I tried it anyway. Unlucky showed up and went for a key to get me out. Being a magic user, he had no problems in springing himself out.

Back up on the surface, Unlucky found me fighting the Thief and luckily for me joined in but the Thief escaped. Next we came across the Ram. And after the Ram found the Thief again; this time killing him.

A quick check at this stage showed there were six players in the land, three of whom for very understandable reasons were no doubt in the Tearoom. There were 118 mobiles still left with 61 minutes of play left. That meant we had to kill 2 per minute. Not easy but still possible.

There was a roar of a Dragon dying and credit went to Templar. The three of us met up at the Keep. The wyvern had already been dealt with . That pleased me no end as I had been having a bit of trouble with him during the week. We dealt with the spectre easily enough after he had been made visible but I ended up fleeing from the Griffin on the next floor up. He blocked me of course so I qq?d.

On my way back in I saw we had been joined by Billyjoe the Warrior. I went back to the Keep but for some reason no one wanted to finish the job off and deal with the Maiden on the Top Floor. I can only surmise that there is a special esoteric technique that requires something else to happen first, that I don?t know about - yet.

Next on Unlucky?s list was the golem. This was achieved in the normal way and very generously I was given all three icons to swamp.

Meanwhile I came across the viper. During the ensuing fight it bit me and, not having a phial, I qq?d as soon as I had killed it.

Nothing new on my way back in except that Billyjoe and I were now both Swordsmen.

I went to the top floor of the Keep where Templar was but no Maiden. He gave me a Casket which I emptied at the Swamp. And I was back to Hero.

I was on my way to get myself glowed up using the Rubber Bouncy- Ball, when Templar called for help with the Gateway. I had just heard the Mine Flood, so knew what was coming next. Well that would be worth asking for a glow, so I dropped the Ball and made my way towards the Mine.

On the way I found Truco battling with a skeleton. I joined in as a skeleton is not easy to overcome alone. But I soon realised that there was a third invisible player also battling away.

Anyway, we finished it off and I continued my way towards the Mine where Templar was waiting for me and getting upset at my delays. When I got there I helped him open the gateway and a long list of Dwarfs came next.

Another check showed 76 mobiles alive with 35 minutes to go. Not good; at this stage we should have been down to about one per minute. The three of us, Unlucky, Templar and I went through all the miscellaneous dwarfs and the Dwarfs Guards without any problems. Then Templar and I having somehow misplaced Unlucky, came across the King and the Queen both in the same room, the King?s Study. They both attacked us at once. In the fight that followed, Templar had to flee but I just managed to hang on and kill the Queen before I fled too, having been blinded by the King. I was blocked again but managed to qq at just 2 Stam.

During my recovery, Unlucky dealt the final blow to the King.

We had now reached the stage when it was difficult to know what was left. We were now at 38 alive with 17 minutes left. I unexpectedly came across the mouse, which I chased round for a bit before catching him.

After a lot of searching I found two apes inside the Pagoda. I attacked one of them but ended up fleeing and quitting once again, this time with a stam of10. (I feel I may have established a record for this kind of thing.)

With one minute to go there were still 15 mobiles left. But we did get five minutes or so extra time. Even so, I did manage the last bee in the Maze. The Maze I found easily enough to get into, having a good map, but impossible to get out of when I lost where I was on the map.

And I was still in the Maze when the time was up. I think there were something like nine mobiles left alive. This included two apes, Phoenix, mongoose, giant snake, three dwarfs and perhaps but uncertain, the spider and the pony.

Appearing in the Tearoom afterwards were Throwawy, Hal, Fiz and Blib. All of whom had been playing but I still have no idea under what noms de guerre.

I said this was a great Bash without knowing really why. I just was that's all

[ This Message was edited by: royston on 18-09-2009 17:41 ]

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Turrican
Arch-Wizard

Posted: 18-09-2009 19:42   
Quote:

On 18-09-2009 17:16, royston wrote:
What makes a good Bash?

Lots of players, carnage, half a screen full of obit, shouting and 3k optional .

Quote:

Appearing in the Tearoom afterwards were Throwawy, Hal, Fiz and Blib. All of whom had been playing ...

WoW?

View Profile of Turrican      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Crazyfool
Wizard

Posted: 18-09-2009 21:19   
No Turrican. Way too busy for that ;P

View Profile of Crazyfool      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
blib
explorer

Posted: 18-09-2009 22:43   
Quote:

....and Blib. All of whom had been playing...

How VERY dare you !

ETA: Too long BTW.

[ This Message was edited by: blib on 18-09-2009 22:43 ]

View Profile of blib   Email blib      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
royston
ranger

Posted: 18-09-2009 23:04   
Quote:

On 18-09-2009 22:43, blib wrote:
Quote:

....and Blib. All of whom had been playing...

How VERY dare you !

ETA: Too long BTW.

[ This Message was edited by: blib on 18-09-2009 22:43 ]

I have no evidence! I just noted some skilful play here and there.

[ This Message was edited by: Turrican on 19-09-2009 15:12 ]

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
caboose
cabalist

Posted: 18-09-2009 23:16   
Quote:

On 18-09-2009 19:42, Turrican wrote:
Quote:

What makes a good Bash?

Lots of players, carnage, half a screen full of obit, shouting and 3k optional .

dragon bash next week then?

[ This Message was edited by: Turrican on 19-09-2009 15:08 ]

View Profile of caboose      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Fiz
cabalist

Posted: 19-09-2009 00:56   
Well, posts earlier in the week had indicated that showing up after a bash is just as good as showing up during the bash. So I did. <G>

View Profile of Fiz        Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Crazyfool
Wizard

Posted: 19-09-2009 12:03   
I dont think it was stated anywhere that it was "just as good" to show up at the end. I believe Zordell was reassuring me she would make the effort to come on and keep me company.

You other guys want a dragon bash next thursday? If this is the case Ill run it..but you are mad.

Cf

Zordell
cleric

Posted: 19-09-2009 12:12   
Quote:

On 19-09-2009 00:56, Fiz wrote:
Well, posts earlier in the week had indicated that showing up after a bash is just as good as showing up during the bash. So I did. <G>

True true, even if you guys didn't bash, was still good to see you

View Profile of Zordell        Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
royston
ranger

Posted: 19-09-2009 14:06   
Quote:

You other guys want a dragon bash next thursday? If this is the case Ill run it..but you are mad.

Cf

It's got my vote, What level do we need to be at again to stand a chance? Hero?

blib
explorer

Posted: 19-09-2009 15:02   
There's a dragon?

Turrican
Arch-Wizard

Posted: 19-09-2009 15:06   
Quote:

On 19-09-2009 14:06, royston wrote:
It's got my vote, What level do we need to be at again to stand a chance? Hero?

Wizard?

Samson
friar

Posted: 19-09-2009 15:20   
Great write up as usual Roy! Thanks!

View Profile of Samson      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Crazyfool
Wizard

Posted: 19-09-2009 16:35   
I would say at least Hero Roy but also you will lose a lot of personas.

Turrican
Arch-Wizard

Posted: 21-09-2009 00:00   
Quote:

On 19-09-2009 16:35, Crazyfool wrote:
I would say at least Hero Roy but also you will lose a lot of personas.

About 24 heroes should do.

royston
ranger

Posted: 21-09-2009 09:20   
Quote:

On 21-09-2009 00:00, Turrican wrote:

About 24 heroes should do.

24 Huh? No wonder there are some strange beings North at the moment.

I won't play my soothsayer then.

Crazyfool
Wizard

Posted: 21-09-2009 10:35   
Soothsayers are for wimps.

royston
ranger

Posted: 21-09-2009 14:32   
Quote:

On 21-09-2009 10:35, Crazyfool wrote:
Soothsayers are for wimps.

I don't think it's wimpish to go for the TS at Yeoman, just to kill off a persona. It's a shock when it works.

Crazyfool
Wizard

Posted: 21-09-2009 15:12   
Im sorry Royston. I have no memory of ever being a yeoman.

blib
explorer

Posted: 21-09-2009 15:55   
Quote:

On 21-09-2009 15:12, Crazyfool wrote:
Im sorry Royston. I have no memory

Edited for accuracy.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
[New Topic]   [Reply]
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic

These forums may be read by anyone, but only registered mudII.co.uk
players may post. When posting, please refrain from behaviour
not tolerated in the game.

These forums are moderated.