[New Topic]   [Reply]
[Edit Profile]  [Edit Your Preferences]  [Search]
[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
MUDII Forum Index » » General Chat » » A Tale of Woe
Author A Tale of Woe
royston
ranger

Posted: 30-09-2009 14:19   
Personally I blame Sabretooth the Wizard. Some weeks ago seeing that I was getting in a rut and playing the game following a set routine almost in auto mode, he decided I needed stretching and set me the objective of 'doing the keep solo'.

Yesterday I made my third attempt. There were a few other players on and not wishing to be distracted by them I decided I needed to be invisible and played my one and only Warlock. Now the keep has five levels, not counting the ground floor and on each there is a problem to overcome before you can get to the next level. On the first floor resides the Wyvern. This is an heraldic monster, similar to the dragon but with only two legs. It does not breathe fire but it does have a poisonous tail. On my first attempt, overseen by Sabretooth it stung me twice in rapid succession and my stam went 35 <sting> 17 <sting> 0.

Yesterday I arrived at the ground floor of the keep, emptied the rucksack, having visited the mine, only to find it empty 'like my head'. But there sleeping were Templar and Kingcobra. I deduced from this that they had just been fighting the Wyvern and as a result it must be on low stam. With complete abandon I went up to the first floor and attacked it immediately with the falchion. It was fit. It stung me five times in all. It suddenly occurred to me that I was not in possession of an antidote and that I was now on borrowed time whatever happened. Eventually the creature was covered in wounds but I was seriously injured. I was hanging on just hoping that Templar and Kingcobra would appear on scene. They were long overdue. When my stam was 26 I decided to flee and as I went out, it just caught me one more blow and my stam dropped to 3. On the ground floor I found Kingcobra with the longsword. By now I was clearly visible; it was no time to hang around. Then just at that point Eros decided to put in an appearance, shot an arrow into each of us and my stam dropped to just 1. I very quickly quitted the game.

I came back in and, going north, popped up in the Pine Wood. I was desperate for somewhere to sleep. On the way to a sensible spot I arrived at the narrow road between lands where a female dwarf was seemingly just waiting to attack me. She killed me dead-dead with a single blow. Alas poor Warlock.

What have I learnt apart from not paying too much attention to Wizards? Two things really. Not to even dream about fighting the Wyvern without a full compliment of kit and that it is sometimes prudent to stam up in the Tearoom for a bit.

But players can be so very kind. Coming back in at Novice I was busy springing myself back up to Warrior, when I came across the Throne obviously intended for me to find and swamp. Thank you whoever that was. 225 points means a lot at Warrior level.

[ This Message was edited by: royston on 30-09-2009 14:24 ]

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Tzunami
cabalist

Posted: 30-09-2009 16:59   
Wyvern "You'll never believe this, just 'tother day a warlock stumbled up the keep steps and attacked me".

Person talking to Wyvern "Oh really?, how did that go?"

Wyvern "I can't even remember, I was too busy pissing myself laughing at his falchion. By the way, who are you 'person' and why are you talking to a Wyvern"?

Person talking to Wyvern "Do you remember the bbc childrens show Byker Grove?"

Wyvern "Not really, i'm a Wyvern don't you know".

Person talking to Wyvern "Never mind then."

[ This Message was edited by: Tzunami on 30-09-2009 17:00 ]

View Profile of Tzunami      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Crazyfool
Wizard

Posted: 30-09-2009 17:56   
Geoff man! Im blind.

You got advice on the Wyvern from Sabre? May as well get hair style advice from Hawumph....

View Profile of Crazyfool      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
royston
ranger

Posted: 30-09-2009 19:11   
Quote:

On 30-09-2009 17:56, Crazyfool wrote:

You got advice on the Wyvern from Sabre?

Not exactly advice. He persuaded me it would be a good idea and watched me. To be fair he did dote me up to Swordsman afterwards

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Turrican
Arch-Wizard

Posted: 30-09-2009 21:30   
Quote:

On 30-09-2009 14:19, royston wrote:
Personally I blame Sabretooth the Wizard. Some weeks ago seeing that I was getting in a rut and playing the game following a set routine almost in auto mode, he decided I needed stretching

You could try PK'ing.

View Profile of Turrican      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
ilisity
cabalist

Posted: 01-10-2009 13:31   
The keeps no too hard at warlock/necro as long as you've got some wfs and a decent wp .

Also there's a very good way of killing the wyvern without fighting it.

View Profile of ilisity      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Turrican
Arch-Wizard

Posted: 01-10-2009 17:26   
Quote:

On 01-10-2009 13:31, ilisity wrote:
The keeps no too hard at warlock/necro as long as you've got some wfs and a decent wp .

Also there's a very good way of killing the wyvern without fighting it.

I think he wants to work it out for himself .

View Profile of Turrican      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
[New Topic]   [Reply]
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic

These forums may be read by anyone, but only registered mudII.co.uk
players may post. When posting, please refrain from behaviour
not tolerated in the game.

These forums are moderated.