[New Topic]   [Reply]
[Edit Profile]  [Edit Your Preferences]  [Search]
[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
MUDII Forum Index » » General Chat » » Last Night's Bash (19/11/2009)
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Author Last Night's Bash (19/11/2009)
royston
ranger

Posted: 20-11-2009 10:06   
BASH REPORT FOR 19TH November 2009.

Not so much a write-up - more of a rant.

The game was made impossible to play by one individual who got more satisfaction from making the game unplayable than by joining in. It became obvious after a while that all the essential kit for completing the task had been swamped. The Column, the pointers, all the boats, as well as the chart had gone. I have no idea who did this. But this sad person succeeded in spoiling it for the rest of us. These were the actions of a toddler who on entering a room and seeing a game of monopoly in progress, deliberately upsets the board and laughs. He was obviously a player of some experience as he knew exactly what was essential.

What aggravated a rotten situation was the absence of any Wiz to put things right.

If you enter the command WIZZES you get a complete list from Richard at No1 to Crazyfool at No. 41. Of these 41, 5 are Arch -Wizzes, and 2 have been de-wizzed. Of the remaining 34 Crazyfool and Sabretooth are the only ones we ever see. They and the Arches really DO put themselves out for us; but none of the others. There are 32 out there whom we never see and who could have helped out last night by recovering the kit. At least one should have been available. I feel as though I have been let down by Wizdom.

That's all I have to say on the Bash but meanwhile in the Tearoom....

things were beginning to get out of hand there too. When I went in I thought I had boarded the school bus by mistake. The behaviour of two individuals was particularly juvenile, though one was far worse than the other.

[ This Message was edited by: Royston on 22-11-2009 07:11 ]

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Shantigh
friar

Posted: 20-11-2009 11:18   
Not all of those wizs are active, and one is deceased (there are 2 deceased wizs, however one is marked as dewizzed, incase there was any confusion to those who are aware that 2 ex wizs are dead). So maybe not best to blame them all for not helping. The majority of wizs are quite inactive, and many of the early wizs have been inactive for years.

[ This Message was edited by: Shantigh on 20-11-2009 11:19 ]

View Profile of Shantigh   Email Shantigh   Goto the website of Shantigh   ICQ status             Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Shantigh
friar

Posted: 20-11-2009 11:20   
Also, unless things have changed all of the things you marked as destroyed - with the exception of the pillar - are returned by genies and would not prevent a bash from succeeding. You'd just have to wait a bit longer to do dragon and sealife, since eventually the genies would return the chart and the boats.

Pointers and pillar are useful but not required kit for a bash.

View Profile of Shantigh   Email Shantigh   Goto the website of Shantigh   ICQ status             Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
royston
ranger

Posted: 20-11-2009 11:27   

[ This Message was edited by: royston on 20-11-2009 11:30 ]

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
royston
ranger

Posted: 20-11-2009 11:28   
Quote:

On 20-11-2009 11:27, royston wrote:
Quote:

since eventually the genies would return the chart and the boats.

The chart still had not appeared by the end of the set.

Quote:

Pointers and pillar are useful but not required kit for a bash.

I understand that. But the pointers are so very useful,not using them, in certain circumstances, can be dangerous.

[ This Message was edited by: royston on 20-11-2009 11:29 ]

Shantigh
friar

Posted: 20-11-2009 11:46   
There are ways to get round not having pointers and still have kit that has the same effect.

I would query the chart not respawning, is it not more possible it did and no one looked? Or it did and whoever found it noted down the directions then destroyed it again?

royston
ranger

Posted: 20-11-2009 11:56   
Quote:

I would query the chart not respawning

It still had not appeared with 11 minutes left of play.

Shantigh
friar

Posted: 20-11-2009 12:01   
Unless you were hunting for it the whole set, there's a chance it could have reappeared and been destroyed when you weren't looking.

And I can't remember, but it may not respawn on the ship. You'd have to be WH'ing it.

royston
ranger

Posted: 20-11-2009 12:56   
Quote:

On 20-11-2009 12:01, Shantigh wrote:
Unless you were hunting for it the whole set, there's a chance it could have reappeared and been destroyed when you weren't looking.

And I can't remember, but it may not respawn on the ship. You'd have to be WH'ing it.

I was WH'ing it frequently and so no doubt was Kingcobra. But whatever you say in criticism for us not recovering the chart, nothing alters the fact that all the useful items disappeared, indicating a deliberate attempt to spoil the event. I acknowledge there may be ways round problems but you must realise that I do not necessarily know what they are.

Shantigh
friar

Posted: 20-11-2009 13:20   
Bashes used to get spoiled a lot, back in the day. It makes them challenging.

And really - what happened, that wasn't a real attempt at spoiling a bash. That - if it wasn't someone protecting their own kit/tasks (e.g taking out all the boats so only they had one)- then it was mischief.

Someone really wanting to screw with you, would have done a much better job.

Armand
explorer

Posted: 20-11-2009 13:31   
I can confirm that I did pop out myself towards the end of the bash to try to help with the chart problem, and it was still gone (unless in a room which blocks the wh spell). The chart does take a while to respawn and I think it may have been swamped/destroyed towards the middle/end of the bash. I checked for an alternative method of obtaining directions and that was unavailable too.

As for the bash being deliberately ruined, it may have been as suggested above, just collateral damage as part of fights that were taking place. I saw the same player later in the Land, not fighting anyone, and it appeared that he was helping with the bash. But that was just my impression, I wasn't directly involved with the events in the Land.

I didn't take part in the bash, but I was on in the tearoom at the end. It was sad to see the level of immaturity displayed by the "worse than the other" individual as mentioned above. From what I understand from speaking to other people however, this is par for the course with this particular person, and he has a history of such behaviour going back years.

View Profile of Armand      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Shantigh
friar

Posted: 20-11-2009 15:43   
You should be able to figure out chart directions by trial and error, it's just rather costly in silly death points and making sure you can always reach your boat once it washes up.

Back during times when I was involved in deliberately screwing up sets (not usually bashes, it was late night to stop a sneaky mage) - we would cut off access to the major mobile rich areas, make sure that all the tasks were impossible (with one or two exceptions, but one being the golem and thus only able to do when the mage wasn't there, since she only played when it was empty sets).

There were also ways to screw a bash over by removing just one mobile from accessibility and making it impossible to kill. Or - creating many more mobiles just as the bash nears the end.

So, removing the boats, points, pillar and chart is an inconvience, but certainly not a deliberate attempt to hinder the bash. Or if it was - they clearly were very lazy at their attempts to hinder the bash!

royston
ranger

Posted: 20-11-2009 20:29   
Nothing that has been said here has changed my view, in fact it reinforces all I have said. There can only be one purpose in hiding or destroying the chart during a Bash and that is sabotage. I did not know there was more than one way of finding the directions to the Island, but when Hal says there is and that was blocked too, it rather backs up what I have been saying. It was a deliberate attempt to spoil the Bash. I can see nothing here to be proud of. The chance of getting the route correct randomly is 1 in 9. It is not an acceptable alternative to the chart.

I understand that at Hi-life level, where the number of points needed to make any sort of progress is so much larger, PK?ing comes into its own. But to prevent anyone?s progress by making life difficult without any personal gain is just pathetic. And, while I am about it, I can see nothing wrong with sneaking. I do not know why people who sneak should be so despised. To me, if you know you are a target, it makes sense, to play when you have the Land to yourself and log out as soon as someone nasty appears. That?s just good tactics.

Hawumph
Arch-Wizard

Posted: 20-11-2009 20:43   
Quote:

On 20-11-2009 20:29, royston wrote:
I did not know there was more than one way of finding the directions to the Island, but when Hal says there is and that was blocked too, it rather backs up what I have been saying.

Making a major assumption here. The method Hal referred to was almost certainly reliant on a certain mobile, which given it was a MOBILE BASH means the fact it was blocked just means people did their jobs?

Apologies if I destroyed an urban myth, but occasionally you have to speak up when you see perceptions stated as facts.

How 'bout them transparent dangling carrots? It's not fair to deny me, the cross-eyed bear that you gave to me. You otter know!!!

View Profile of Hawumph   Email Hawumph   Goto the website of Hawumph      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Turrican
Arch-Wizard

Posted: 20-11-2009 22:45   
Quote:

On 20-11-2009 11:28, royston wrote:
But the pointers are so very useful,not using them, in certain circumstances, can be dangerous.

Oh, thanks for the tip.

View Profile of Turrican      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Fiz
cabalist

Posted: 20-11-2009 23:25   
Royston, I am sorry you had such a difficult bash. It can be really annoying when items are swamped. Better luck next time I hope!

View Profile of Fiz        Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Magician
cleric

Posted: 21-11-2009 22:16   
Roy, I agree with everypost you have made. And after tonight, I will not being going out of may way to make the Thursday bash again. I love the game, BUT......(takes time out to think).....

View Profile of Magician   Email Magician      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Magician
cleric

Posted: 21-11-2009 22:43   
Roy, I agree with everypost you have made. And after tonight, I will not being going out of may way to make the Thursday bash again. I love the game, BUT......(takes time out to think).....

View Profile of Magician   Email Magician      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
royston
ranger

Posted: 22-11-2009 08:32   
Quote:

I will not being going out of may way to make the Thursday bash again.

No! Don't do that! Be there Thursday night.

royston
ranger

Posted: 22-11-2009 09:12   
BASH REPORT - (21ST NOVEMBER 2009)

There was an impromtu Bash last night which followed on from the events of Thursday evening.

I entered the Tearoom at about 8:30 pm into a scene that reminded me of one of those fights so often portrayed in old black and white movies. Had it been allowed we would have been up to our ankles in broken crockery and a custard pie would have hit me full in the face as I went in. The argument had deteriorated from discussing the events of Thursday to what was being SAID about those events and what was MEANT by what was being said about those events.

Into this melee came Sabretooth. He calmed things down very quickly. Then he said unto us, and I quote:

*Sabretooth the Ice-Age wizard says "Just so you know, the bash was not
spoiled in a deliberate attempt on Thursday".

He obviously has access to logs and data we do not and can work things out. I totally accept what he says because he obviously knows exactly what happened.

To make us all feel better, he suggested we all have a bash straight away. This was readily agreed and it kicked off a little before nine o?clock.

I will not go into my usual cool account of how I personally fared, It more or less went to plan. All I will say is that at one stage the Tight Passage into the mine was blocked with a coffin . I will say no more, but it is a fact.

I will content myself with two quotes from my log (they are self explanatory). The first towards the very end:

Auto-reset initiated, you have 120 seconds to finish up. No further warnings
will be issued!
*qn
You look westward, but it's too dark to see anything there.
Looking southeastward, you see a place known as "panoramic view". It appears
to be empty.
*qw.sv.date.reset
Fiz the necromancess
Odd the mage
Vixen the warrior
Hal the warlock=
Kazoo the swordsman
Zalagar the warrior
Cenedra the mage#
Dourden the giant-killing hero
Aeon the sorcerer
Royston the sorcerer=
*45 alive, 251 dead.
*Date: 21-NOV-09 22:33:02.
*Time-stamp: 22:33:02 on 21-NOV-2009.
This is reset 43456, using slot 0.
A reset is due in 114 seconds.

And the obit towards the end

*obit
The following players have died in fights this reset:
Vixen the protector, killed by the giant,
Zalagar the giant-killing yeowoman, killed by the giant,
Vixen the protector, killed by 2 giants (5 times),
Kazoo the protector, killed by 2 giants (5 times),
Zalagar the protector, killed by 2 giants (twice),
Kazoo the protector, killed by the goblin and 2 giants,
Zalagar the protector, killed by the goblin and 2 giants,
Zalagar the protector, killed by 2 giants and the goblin (6 times),
Vixen the superheroine, killed by the goblin and 2 giants,
Zalagar the protector, killed by 2 giants and 5 goblins,
Kazoo the swordsman, killed by the goblin,
Buckrogers the heroine, killed by the goblin,
Zalagar the protector, killed by the giant and the goblin (twice),
Zalagar the heroine, killed by the goblin,
Kazoo the spellbindress, killed by 4 goblins.

[ This Message was edited by: royston on 22-11-2009 09:33 ]

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
[New Topic]   [Reply]
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic

These forums may be read by anyone, but only registered mudII.co.uk
players may post. When posting, please refrain from behaviour
not tolerated in the game.

These forums are moderated.