[New Topic]   [Reply]
[Edit Profile]  [Edit Your Preferences]  [Search]
[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
MUDII Forum Index » » General Chat » » Last Night's Bash (3/12/2009)
Author Last Night's Bash (3/12/2009)
royston
ranger

Posted: 04-12-2009 08:47   
Sorry I won't be able to start it till this afternoon or evening.

[ This Message was edited by: royston on 04-12-2009 17:15 ]

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Crazyfool
Wizard

Posted: 04-12-2009 11:59   
Sorry I missed it. I was on my works Christmas do.

And yes, I made a fool of myself.

View Profile of Crazyfool      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
royston
ranger

Posted: 04-12-2009 16:10   
BASH REPORT FOR 3RD DECEMBER 2009

This was a straightforward and unsupervised Bash. I decided to deal with the Dragon myself this time. I was strangely confident. So I started off with the Goblins. As Blackwater the Warlock had the pointers, I came in via the waterfall. That way the first Goblins you should come across are G2 and G3 but to my dismay G10 was also present in their lair. Somehow amazingly I managed all three with only a loss of 26 stam. The rest followed in the usual way. Blackwater set up the pillar. It looked as though it was only he and I in the Land. After the goblins came the rats; all 22 of them. So far things were going to plan. What I had not reckoned with was Blackwater also being intent on killing the dragon. I found a boat at the bottom of the stairs. But I had to ask Blackwater for the pointers. He readily left them for me in the hut. So I was now on the way to get the dragon. I was hoping I could thereby get the 500 points I needed to reach Necromancer. But it was not to be. I input the usual route from the Jetty to the Vicious Rocks. But sad to say I was not actually at the Jetty so much as on the Stony Beach. Thus I drowned at sea taking me 507 points further away from Necro. Back in the Land once more, I located all my kit at Bottom of Waterfall, including both pointers. None of the usual kit needed to reach the beach from the cliff was available. As for boats, Blackwater had one and all the others beyond reach. There was only one other way that might safely land me on the beach and that meant a trip into the pagoda gardens first. I had never used this method of travel before and, to my delightful surprise, it worked. I picked up all my kit and went out to the wreck. The chart was missing! I had to ask Blackwater for directions. On Dragon Island I lost no time finding her. She was in a really nasty mood and attacked me on sight. I fled and immediately QQ?d. I was hawumphed on the flee but survived. Looking at the log I actually fled on maximum Stamina of 120 when the dragon missed me, which is probably the reason why I did survive as my stam after the hawumph was down to 31. It cost me 4,421 points but that is a whole lot better than being killed dead-dead.

I have this belief that if the dragon attacks you once it will do so again. So there was no way I was going back. Luckily for me, Blackwater agreed to do the job. I did not envy him because the kit needed to deal with the dragon was lying about on the Island somewhere and had to be picked up first. And wandering about the Island without it is pretty suicidal with a dragon on the loose.

I felt a bit ashamed at having messed up twice, though the second time was hardly my fault. I did penance by getting on with the Water Snakes and then following it up with the Pony and Snowbird as always. Meanwhile Blackwater was back doing a solo Dwarfs.

We got it down to 100 with 43 minutes left. It seemed to me to be unrealistic that Blackwater and I would achieve victory on our own. There were five players all together but I noticed three of them in the Tearoom on my way through when I fled from the Dragon. I wandered round the formal gardens and olive groves and dealt with the Boar, the Ox (without fighting it) the Fox and the Scorpion (surviving a sting), and the Ram . All mostly standard stuff.

Meanwhile Blackwater was still fighting dwarf after dwarf.

I wandered into the Pagoda building looking for apes. I found Ape 11 dealt with it, recovered in the hedge maze and went back after Ape10. I found him on the Sheltered Path. He was carrying a porcelain bowl, a painting, 2 incense burners, a lotus and some incense. I attacked him and he used one of the incense burners as a weapon. I started to hiccup and engage other strange behaviour. As was the ape who giggled. After a bit of a struggle I overcame him and left the scene as quickly as possible. It took some time for me to recover.

Meanwhile we were down to 45 still alive but only 11 minutes left. And a bit later, we were still at 40 with 6 minutes left. An impossible task even with lots of players.

As a matter of form I went after first the Billy Goat and then the Swan.

In the Tearoom after it was all over, some expert advice was handed out on the best way of dealing with the Pagoda. I am not sure who else joined in the Bash but for most of the show it was just the two of us. I enjoyed it even if we did come second. And no one was killed.

[ This Message was edited by: royston on 04-12-2009 16:42 ]

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
royston
ranger

Posted: 04-12-2009 17:09   
Next Week (10th December 2009) irl we will be on our way to visiting my sister-in law in the Cotswolds. There is no way I will be permitted to play MUD on the first night of our visit. It will simply NOT be allowed. End of story.

But I look forward to reading the write-up in due course. This time, I hope someone takes the trouble to write one.

[ This Message was edited by: royston on 04-12-2009 17:14 ]

[New Topic]   [Reply]
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic

These forums may be read by anyone, but only registered mudII.co.uk
players may post. When posting, please refrain from behaviour
not tolerated in the game.

These forums are moderated.