[New Topic]   [Reply]
[Edit Profile]  [Edit Your Preferences]  [Search]
[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
MUDII Forum Index » » General Chat » » Last Year's Bashes (2009)
Author Last Year's Bashes (2009)
royston
ranger

Posted: 08-01-2010 12:16   
ANNUAL BASH SUMMARY (2009)

This is for those of you who like statistics. The rest of you will be bored beyond belief.

The first thing to note that there were 53 Thursdays in 2009 and not 52. This was because January 1st and December 31st both fell on a Thursday.

I have no details of 11 of the Thursdays, which means these figures are based on just 42 evenings.

There were 29 Mobile Bashes of which only 5 were successful. That means all the mobiles were killed in the set time of a reset. Most of the rest were successful in the sense that the participants enjoyed taking part. Five may seem a low figure, but the reason was always down to the small number of participants not from any lack of enthusiasm of those taking part. The most popular Bashes were those where something extra cropped up. For example the traditional Halloween Bash where Dracula?s Mansion appeared in the Evil Wood. But here were a couple of others where the Wizzes added extra treasure and extra mobiles. These were always well received.

There were 6 evenings of quests. The Quests were: The Haunted House (the Scottish one), The Ice Palace, the Monks? Quest and Sabre?s Quest. Of these, the first two were completed but not on the first attempt.

There were 2 Sorcerer Wars. The one on Wednesday 23rd December was brought forward from Christmas Eve.

Also 2 Treasure Hunts (where instead of killing all the mobiles the object was to swamp every piece of treasure). And I make it 3 Dragon Bashes (where the object is to kill the Dragon in a fight). These were all well supported.

There were a number of vexed questions aired during the year. In particular the vexed question of PK?ing. The problem I see with this is that by its very nature it reduces the number of participants and all the surviving players tend to retreat to the sanctuary of the Tearoom for the duration and need to be coaxed out. On the other hand there are some players who deserve to be Pk?ed. An example is one who to rushes into the land to kill a Firefly and then hides in the Laddershaft till the end. No one likes that sort of behaviour. Though technically not illegal, it still merits PK?ing. Perhaps it should be a matter for the Bash-General to sort out. He should do something to earn his title.

Anyway by and large it was a good year for Thursday Night Events. We do need to get more players taking part. And we should all put our minds to this. Certainly ?normal? Bashes were made more interesting by additional and unexpected mobiles. There is nothing like innocently popping into the Nymphium and instead of maybe finding a Nymph, running headlong into a Troll.

[ This Message was edited by: royston on 08-01-2010 12:19 ]

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
blib
explorer

Posted: 08-01-2010 14:56   
How many times did I open the Giants?

View Profile of blib   Email blib      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Crazyfool
Wizard

Posted: 08-01-2010 15:59   

View Profile of Crazyfool      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Turrican
Arch-Wizard

Posted: 08-01-2010 18:42   
Quote:

On 08-01-2010 12:16, royston wrote:
I have no details of 11 of the Thursdays, which means these figures are based on just 42 evenings.

Someone could check if they knew when.

View Profile of Turrican      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
royston
ranger

Posted: 09-01-2010 10:47   
Quote:

On 08-01-2010 18:42, Turrican wrote:

Someone could check if they knew when.

The dates are:

1st January
15th January
22nd January
28th March
9th April
20th August
27th August
3rd September
10th September
10th December
31st December

If anyone really wants a copy of the spreadsheet, email me at jim.clavier@gmail.com and I will forward an attachment.

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Crazyfool
Wizard

Posted: 09-01-2010 11:51   
Wow. That sounds like an action packed weekend. Sign me up!

View Profile of Crazyfool      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Turrican
Arch-Wizard

Posted: 09-01-2010 13:37   
20th August - 33 left.
27th August - 130 left.
3rd September - 134 left.
10th September - 157 left.
10th December - 0 left.
31st December - 157 left.

royston
ranger

Posted: 09-01-2010 14:46   
Thank you. All now entered on Spreadsheet.

EDIT:- So that's 35 Mobile Bashes of which 7 finished with all mobiles killed and 28 with some left at the end.

So Far.>

[ This Message was edited by: royston on 09-01-2010 15:03 ]

Hawumph
Arch-Wizard

Posted: 12-01-2010 13:00   
8th Jan - 0 left (3 players did this one)

15th Jan - 59 left with 20 mins to go. So probably failed (my log ends at that point)

22nd Jan - 62 left (one player only)

26 Mar - This was a Dragon bash. Whilst technically succesful, I think the use of Crazyfool the Wizard to do it counts as a fail.

9 April - Easter Egg hunt (doesn't count I assume)

How 'bout them transparent dangling carrots? It's not fair to deny me, the cross-eyed bear that you gave to me. You otter know!!!

View Profile of Hawumph   Email Hawumph   Goto the website of Hawumph      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Turrican
Arch-Wizard

Posted: 12-01-2010 15:55   
Quote:

On 12-01-2010 13:00, Hawumph wrote:
9 April - Easter Egg hunt (doesn't count I assume)

0 eggs left?

[New Topic]   [Reply]
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic

These forums may be read by anyone, but only registered mudII.co.uk
players may post. When posting, please refrain from behaviour
not tolerated in the game.

These forums are moderated.