[New Topic]   [Reply]
[Edit Profile]  [Edit Your Preferences]  [Search]
[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
MUDII Forum Index » » General Chat » » Thursday's bash (14/01/10)
Author Thursday's bash (14/01/10)
royston
ranger

Posted: 16-01-2010 13:24   
BASH REPORT FOR THURSDAY 14TH JANUARY 2010

This Bash was an almost identical re-run of the one last week, in as far as it was none too well supported; we did not complete it by killing all the mobiles but it was never the less thoroughly enjoyed by those who did take part.

To start with there was only Kingcobra the Necromancess and me now at Swordsman available. However Nexus the hero, whom I strongly suspect of being a mortal guise of Sabretooth the Wizard, came in and made the numbers up to three.

With a maximum Stamina of 91, I thought I had better be careful in my choice of foe and started off with the boring but not-too-tough Watersnakes. But even here I fled twice before I had sent them all to their watery grave. Meanwhile the pillar had been set up and I interrupted my slaughter of the Watersnakes to take advantage of that. I went on for the pony and the Snowbird while Nexus had been engaging the Thief who killed him. Out only loss that evening.

Leaving the North Mountain, I landed on the Forest at Base of Cliff. I pottered about a bit and bumped into Buckrogers the Hero, weighed down with kit and treasure.

Someone flooded the mine with ample warning, while I went over the Cliff on my way to the Goblins. As a Non-Magic user you can only go after those mobiles with ease you know are fairly static. I found someone had been there before me and disposed of three of the Goblins (including G10), but I managed to account the rest. Fortunately I found the PC open on my way out. I wished I had investigated this on my way in as I hate the other route.

I know of three ways into the Goblins but I dare say there are more. One of the problems I find in this game is that once I found out how to do something I rarely look for alternative ways. This is clearly a mistake especially if you depend on kit or capable treasure. I had a strange conversation with Buckrogers over the coal from the coalbunker. Reading the log now, I still don?t understand what it was about.

Meanwhile I had advanced to Hero myself and my maximum Stamina was now 100. That extra 9 made a lot of difference it seemed to me. It got a lot easier with less cause to flee. The Man went invisible then fled from me. The dove proved surprisingly tenacious. I went after the fox but with the command ?K 1 mo?, I found myself fighting a Centipede. Then I tackled the fox and chased him around the Olive Groves but I got him in the end with very little damage sustained by me.

Kingcobra shouted for help with one of the Skeletons and I got there just in the nick of time. A ?QW? showed Kazoo the Necromancer had joined us,. No doubt he was north. And also Bliz. And no doubt he wasn?t. Kazoo organised the Icons. But he himself ended up fleeing from the Golem. Kingcobra went in next and had better luck. Somehow I was given two icons but I only realised this when they went down in the swamp at 441 points each.

Things were going well and we stood a good chance of being successful, when the Pagoda opened and the survivor count shot up to 42. I tackled the apes. I think I explained before that to avoid attacking all the apes in one go, I use the command ?K 1 mo f wp?. The trouble I was finding now was that when an ape fled and I followed him to re-attack using the same command, I attacked a completely different ape and one on full stam.

Kingcobra again called for help and I again went to his aid. This time he was engaged with the Man. I joined in and gave the Man one hit (15-19) but he hit me back and I suddenly saw that my stam was down to 12. I fled and quit, leaving KC in the lurch, I?m afraid. We had 14 minutes left of play and the count was still 40. At this stage, to have any reasonable hope of winning the count should have been down to about 14. That is one per minute.

I was just moving around scanning and hoping to find something for quite a while. I could see that the Wyvern was still in residence and I found no easy way he could be dealt with. The gear simply was not where it should be. I also found that the spider was also in it?s lair. And I have no doubt that, as usual, the sea life had been left till the end and that the Evil Twins were still about, though I did not check either. Suddenly I bumped into the Boar. I had just finished with him when it was all over.

We were none of us certain as to how many mobile survived but I reckon, to give it a wide range between 15 and 30. Naturally, everyone blamed Bliz the Wiz for opening up the Pgaoda.

Here is the obit

*obit
The following players have died in fights this reset:
Nexus the dragon-slaying superhero, killed by the thief.

For those of you who are wondering how come I was back to swordsman here is a obit from a game the previous afternoon:

*obit
No-one above novice level has died in a fight this reset.
The following have died to FODs from mortals this reset:
Royston the sorcerer, violently disintegrated by a failed attempt to FOD the dragon.

Well, when you come up with an idea you have to try it.

[ This Message was edited by: royston on 16-01-2010 14:04 ]

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
blib
explorer

Posted: 16-01-2010 15:42   
There's a Pagoda?

View Profile of blib   Email blib      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Turrican
Arch-Wizard

Posted: 16-01-2010 16:35   
Quote:

On 16-01-2010 13:24, royston wrote:
However Nexus the hero, whom I strongly suspect of being a mortal guise of Sabretooth the Wizard, came in and made the numbers up to three.

Assuming that's true, it leads to the question - what's more useful, help or someone to give you a prefix?

Quote:

The trouble I was finding now was that when an ape fled and I followed him to re-attack using the same command, I attacked a completely different ape and one on full stam.

Try K WOUNDED MO F WP.

View Profile of Turrican      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Crazyfool
Wizard

Posted: 16-01-2010 17:30   
Turrican - The voice of reason in an insane world.

View Profile of Crazyfool      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Magician
cleric

Posted: 16-01-2010 19:31   
Great write up again Royston, Thanks.

P.S Must remember K wounded mo!
Thanks Turrican

View Profile of Magician   Email Magician      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
royston
ranger

Posted: 16-01-2010 20:46   
Quote:

Try K WOUNDED MO F WP.

Thanks for the tip. I will try to remember it.

[ This Message was edited by: royston on 16-01-2010 20:46 ]

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Turrican
Arch-Wizard

Posted: 16-01-2010 21:13   
Quote:

On 16-01-2010 17:30, Crazyfool wrote:
Turrican - The voice of reason in an insane world.

Sounds like something off a slogan generator website.

Quote:

On 16-01-2010 20:46, royston wrote:
Thanks for the tip. I will try to remember it.

Works with players too, so if a wounded player stumbles in you know what to do.

royston
ranger

Posted: 17-01-2010 08:17   
I hope no one is suggesting I start hacking players. I have enough trouble with the mobiles.

Crazyfool
Wizard

Posted: 17-01-2010 11:26   
Don't be silly Turrican. Players don't attack each other any more.

Cf

View Profile of Crazyfool      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Turrican
Arch-Wizard

Posted: 17-01-2010 20:40   
Who me? I was suggesting DR WF F WOUNDED PLAYER, yes that's it...

[New Topic]   [Reply]
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic

These forums may be read by anyone, but only registered mudII.co.uk
players may post. When posting, please refrain from behaviour
not tolerated in the game.

These forums are moderated.