[New Topic]   [Reply]
[Edit Profile]  [Edit Your Preferences]  [Search]
[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
MUDII Forum Index » » General Chat » » Last Night's Bash (28/01/10)
Author Last Night's Bash (28/01/10)
royston
ranger

Posted: 29-01-2010 14:50   
BASH REPORT FOR 28TH JANUARY 2010

Thursday is a good day for me. First there is the OAP?s three-course lunch in a posh and normally expensive restaurant for just 5 Euros (wine extra) and then the Bash in the evening.

It started and ended with just three players Kingcobra the Warlock, Aeon the Necromancer and me, having during the week struggled back up to Necromancer. Strangely it also ended with only the same three players but others came in and left towards the end. Notably: Nakor the Socereress and Buffy the Yeoman. The bash was hosted by Crazyfool the Wizard and Aeon was elected General.

There are no prizes for guessing my game plan. You must all know it by now as well as I do. Goblins, rats, possibly dragon, water snakes then North Mountain. I had just dealt with G10 (the exceptionally large goblin) and was sleeping it off, when I was suddenly made aware of a rumble of thunder and of Crazyfool dropping a pillar. I had a quick look and saw that I was not in the Goblins? Lair as I thought but in the Classical Ruin with Aeon and Kingcobra. Beefed up Kingcobra and I left, despite CF telling us to wait. That was silly really as he had a second pillar.

I finished up the Goblins. I guessed Aeon had gone after the rats and was intent on the dragon. And sure enough the Dragon died before I finished. But there was just one rat left which I summoned and killed.

So for me, it was on to the water snakes and then the North Mountain to sort out the pony and the snowbird. There was no sign of the snow leopard, the lynx or indeed the marmot. I went then to the citadel in the Dwarfs Kingdom by the quickest means. At this stage there were 82 mobiles alive with 57 minutes to go. A win was now possible.

I landed in the presence of two dwarfs and attacked them both simultaneously. After a while one of them fled but others arrived on the scene and joined in against me. I managed to kill just one of them and got out without having to flee on a stam of 32. A quick obit me showed that I only needed an insect to complete one of the remaining tasks. A situation I seem to remember I was in a few weeks ago. All the fireflies and the dragonfly were gone but there were still plenty of bees and I got one, completing my task.

I was again at the dwarfs when I was redirected back to the bees by the General. I wrote the figures 0 - 9 on my pad next to my keyboard and marked them off as they either died through stinging me or they were killed by me.

I next decided to go after the skeleton in the fossil room. But as I landed at the bottom of the waterfall and went east, someone sounded a hunting horn and the skeleton was moved from the fossil room to the diamond room, leaving me with a cold and sneezing.

Back on the mainland, courageously I went after the wraith, which for some reason was not that difficult and I killed it with only a drop of 18 stam.

So now things started to go wrong. I got stung by the jellyfish twice. I tried to attack it but my command ?k mo f best wp? was not working. As it happened that we were in that part of the sea where there was a longsword stuck in some rocks which no amount of grabbing would release and that was the 'best' weapon. However when I realised that I was not in a fight, I simply sailed (or rather paddled if that?s what you do in a coracle) away.

Arriving on the vicious rocks, I found a pile of vials including one marked ?summon creatures?. Taking advice on the merits of summoning these creatures using the vial, I was told to leave it alone and I got on with the sealife, but the weather changed to cloudy and I knew it was about to rain, so I went for the shore.

Back in the land it was established that the barometer was no longer about and as it was raining and it was not possible to go to sea, it seemed to me that a team would soon be needed for the dreaded spider. I found a phial after searching for a bit and made my way to the dense forest just west of the ruin to wait for some others. But no one came and eventually the rain stopped.

Back at sea, I went in the wrong direction once and fled from a shark twice. Back in the land, on a stam of just 5, I slept things off in a dense forest. It can be very dangerous going north at all on that low a stam. I am sure even a butterfly would attack you and kill you let alone a player tempted to PK. However I risked it and made it back up.

By now somebody else had dealt with all the sealife and there was a call to form a team to attack the spider. Off I went. At the ruin I found Nakor, now a sorceress and Buffy, now a Warrior, ahead of me.

The problem with the spider in that it resides in it?s lair and has to be got out into the ruin to be attacked. The only way I know of enticing the creature out is to get some lo-life to grab the cord and qq immediately. There is obviously a much more elegant way of getting the spider out, but I am not aware of it.

I do not understand what happened next: the spider was on me and I was caught up in its web. I have studied the log and at no time grab the cord. That cost me 575 points in a silly death.

Back once again, I did something really stupid I rushed into the fray again without stamming up first. I went in on a stam of 25 which quickly dropped to 18 when I decided it was time to get out. I tried to flee and resite but of course I did not have a site. And so I qq?d. That cost me 626 points.

Back at the ruin once more, I was now in a complete kamikaze frame of mind. And attacked with abandon. I was repeatedly stung and was eventually killed dead but not dead-dead when my stam was still 70. But that cost me 551 points and a further 1,200 and my experience level dropped to Sorcerer. I have no idea why there were two lots of minus points but there it is. There is no clue in the log.

Suddenly it was all over. The spider certainly survived and, unless someone knows better, so did the hunchback. There was also one other whose identity we will now never know.

Back in the Tearoom, Kingcobra hugged me back up to Necromancer.

I do not think anyone died dead-dead.

I should perhaps mention that Bliz failed to appear, so the Giants did not open nor did the Pagoda. I suspect he was watching though from the lofty heights of the Wizzes Sauna.

[ This Message was edited by: royston on 29-01-2010 15:31 ]

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Crazyfool
Wizard

Posted: 29-01-2010 17:43   
How on earth did you not succeed?!?!?

View Profile of Crazyfool      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
blib
explorer

Posted: 29-01-2010 17:58   
Quote:

On 29-01-2010 14:50, royston wrote:
BASH REPORT FOR 28TH JANUARY 2010

Thursday is a good day for me. First there is the OAP?s three-course lunch in a posh and normally expensive restaurant for just 5 Euros (wine extra) and then the Bash in the evening.

Quote:
I should perhaps mention that Bliz failed to appear, so the Giants did not open nor did the Pagoda. I suspect he was watching though from the lofty heights of the Wizzes Sauna.

Alternatively, I could have been at the Trafalgar Studios watching Johnathon Pryce perform Harold Pinter's "The Caretaker".

Pretty average it was, truth be told.

View Profile of blib   Email blib      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
[New Topic]   [Reply]
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic

These forums may be read by anyone, but only registered mudII.co.uk
players may post. When posting, please refrain from behaviour
not tolerated in the game.

These forums are moderated.