[New Topic]   [Reply]
[Edit Profile]  [Edit Your Preferences]  [Search]
[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
MUDII Forum Index » » General Chat » » Last Night's Bash (04/02/2010)
Author Last Night's Bash (04/02/2010)
royston
ranger

Posted: 05-02-2010 15:59   
BASH REPORT FOR 4TH FEBRUARY 2010

It started off well enough and for once, I remembered to do a check at the start as soon as I landed in the Pine Forest. There were 158 mobiles alive and 135 dead with 105 minutes of play. I always reckon and I have said it many times that if you can get down to 1 per minute about half way through the set, there is a good chance of pulling it off. If it slips to 2 per minute it gets difficult. We were starting off at 1.5 per minute (near enough).

I was elected team captain and given the title of Bossman. I felt this did not bode too well because I could not remember the time we won under my leadership. I was convinced I was some sort of Jonah who put a jinx on things.

Crazyfool arranged the pillar for us, as he did last week and this time I remembered to remain for the double whammy. Spartacus was present as was Montezuma the Sorcerer. The only two associations I have with Montezuma is Montezuma?s revenge ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montezuma's_Revenge#Montezuma.27s_revenge ) and of course Montezuma?s Chocolates ( http://www.montezumas.co.uk ).

A little later on I was trying to recover some of my stamina but was continually interrupted by a shouting female voice. It had to be Spartacus - typical female! I was thinking of yelling that she had better watch out or I might PK her and wait for the mirth to die down when I was awoken by a ?Moo?.

A bit later on I was resting in the cellar with my eye on the coal having dispatched Rat0 and some eight others when I was woken up by Montezuma attacking the rest. He snatched the coal and rushed out. That suited me. No need for me to use the coal.

I finished off the remainder of the rats then as ever it was on to the water snakes and thence to the North Mountain. Meanwhile someone had got the spider out (how do they do that?) and made sure she could not dash back in again and hide.

It was about this time I realised that we had been joined by Nakor the Sorceress, though to be fair she might have been on some time. We were now at 85 alive with 75 minutes left; getting closer to the desirable 1 in 1. And a little later Buckrogers the Necromancer showed up, so now we were five and in with a chance. I have come to the conclusion that to succeed in a bash you need numbers but one top-flight player, who really knows what he is doing, goes a long way.

Things progressed steadily the way they do. I thought of organising a team for the Keep to find it had been done. The same happened later with the Spider and with the Evil twins. And we were down to 50 on 55 minutes. Within the magic formula for winning. I did not arrange the icons; Montezuma did that. He went in. There was a bit of confusion over the icons, entirely in my own head. I was seriously thinking of complaining to the Arch-Wizards that the icon I swamped got me zero points, when it was pointed out to me that the icon I swamped was the oracle.

I saw a bundle of rags at the rapids but left them well alone in case the came from the Heavy Chest.

I went to sea and found the jellyfish. It stung me and did not survive long.

It was then that someone flooded the mine without calling out a warning. It seemed to me only a few weeks ago I pleaded with players to issue a warning first and then wait five seconds. I thought of shouting something derogatory but someone else did it for me in a far more amusing and effective way than I would have done. Here is the log:

You hear a rushing sound in the distance, as if a huge torrent of water has
just started to flood somewhere.
You have just been woken up!
Your stamina is 109.
*zz
ZZZzzz...
*A female voice in the distance shouts "Glug".
You have just been woken up!
Your stamina is 109.
*zz
ZZZzzz...
Your stamina is 110.
*A male voice in the distance shouts "er anyone in mine? ".
*A female voice in the distance shouts "not any more mate!".
*zz
ZZZzzz...
*A male voice in the distance shouts "Not anymore".

For once, I helped out with the dwarfs, teaming up with Montezuma, Spartacus and particularly with Buckrogers. Meanwhile the Spider had been dispatched and someone was calling for a team to meet up and deal with the Vampire and the Wraith. That too was all over by the time I got there.

We were soon down to 4 in 26 minutes. It seemed to me that we were certain to win this one. Even Bliz showing up in the Tearoom, for once did not open up the Giants? Realm.The goose stood little chance against three of us.

As so often the problem was identifying the last mobile. After a while it came to be realised that it was the Ogre. The Ogre can be quite formidable. He wields a heavy club. It is possible to deal with the Ogre on your own but only if you are on maximum real stamina and can enhance your other stats. I met Buckrogers at Before Gate and rashly rushed into the Ogre?s. The first thing I noticed was Crazyfool the Wizard was there holding the Ogre?s club. I thought that was pretty decent of him, until I noticed that he had given the Ogre a two handed sword. Buckrogers and I did most of the damage with Montezuma joining in towards the end.

And it was all over. This was a classic bash which went the way all bashes should.

I think now is the time to say that I now longer wish to be elected Bash Captain, whatever title that goes with the appointment. What is needed is someone who is prepared to throw their weight about. I would sooner end on a high - so please don?t vote for many more. I am happy to continue doing the write-ups if that?s what?s wanted.

[ This Message was edited by: royston on 05-02-2010 16:17 ]

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
royston
ranger

Posted: 05-02-2010 16:52   
I should perhaps add we have had five bashes so far this year and won two. Early days though.

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Turrican
Arch-Wizard

Posted: 05-02-2010 17:10   
Quote:

On 05-02-2010 15:59, royston wrote:
What is needed is someone who is prepared to throw their weight about.

Maybe some players don't like being bossed around, perform better left to their own devices?

View Profile of Turrican      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
blib
explorer

Posted: 05-02-2010 17:42   
I vote for Royston to be made permanent Bash-Captain.

View Profile of blib   Email blib      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Turrican
Arch-Wizard

Posted: 05-02-2010 18:19   
Quote:

On 05-02-2010 17:42, blib wrote:
I vote for Royston to be made permanent Bash-Captain.

How about bash-scribe?

View Profile of Turrican      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
[New Topic]   [Reply]
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic

These forums may be read by anyone, but only registered mudII.co.uk
players may post. When posting, please refrain from behaviour
not tolerated in the game.

These forums are moderated.