[New Topic]   [Reply]
[Edit Profile]  [Edit Your Preferences]  [Search]
[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
MUDII Forum Index » » General Chat » » Last Night's Bash (18/02/10)
Author Last Night's Bash (18/02/10)
royston
ranger

Posted: 19-02-2010 12:11   
BASH REPORT FOR 18TH FEBRUARY 2010

Yet another success. Somehow I missed the vote but Oreo the Necromancer was elected Bash-Wassup. Whatever that means. It sounds vaguely opprobrious but there you are. Mok the Swordsman was also playing. I came across him fighting the Ox. I did not enlighten him.

The Column was all dealt with by Crazyfool and he had me totally confused as afterwards, I was wondering about getting back to the main land without magic, when I had a second look to see where I was and found I was already in the hut.

It is difficult to Mobile Bash without magic and it does mean you have to take on those whose location is fairly fixed, like the water snakes. They went fairly well and I went on to the North Mountain with this result:

*obit
The following players have died in fights this reset:
Royston the warrior, killed by the pony,
Royston the hero, killed by the pony.

I don?t really want to discuss it.

However I got back in and through Crazyfool doting on me and the generosity of another player at Mage level, made it to Champion and thence to Sorcerer.

From then on it was plain sailing. I helped Oreo at the keep and was given the Valetant.

By the time there was 23 minutes to go there were 18 mobiles left, including 10 bees. I find doing the bees more boring the Watersnakes but I accounted for them all. I think it important that if you are going to a group of mobiles like the bees or the Goblins or even the dwarfs, you do them all. If you don?t, one will get left over and be difficult to identify towards the end. If it is not possible to do them all, the Bash-General should be told what is left.

The valetant is a big pain, especially when you are trying to stam up. Except that is when someone is using magic on you. But I suspect this was only Oreo ?wh?ing? me. By now Mok had disappeared but Bert the Necromancer was on scene.

We were soon down to 5 in 15 minutes. There were a few Fireflies to do and the last mobile was the Golem.

I was asked to go to the Ancient Chamber; Oreo went in and a short while afterwards it was over.

I forgot to SV right at the start but half way through doing the Watersnakes it stood at 128. I saw Oreo?s ?obit me? afterwards and he accounted for 93 with a score of 19K+. I found that pretty impressive. Better anyway than my usual under 20 for mob-kills.

[ This Message was edited by: royston on 19-02-2010 12:18 ]

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Turrican
Arch-Wizard

Posted: 19-02-2010 16:28   
Quote:

On 19-02-2010 12:11, royston wrote:
I find doing the bees more boring the Watersnakes

Curiously, I don't.

Quote:

Better anyway than my usual under 20 for mob-kills.

Try changing your routine, go for stuff like rats (22), dws (48), gobs (13), zombies (10) etc. Remember other players are not there to help, they're out to steal your kills!

View Profile of Turrican      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Crazyfool
Wizard

Posted: 19-02-2010 17:39   
Oreo is well know amongst other players as a charlatan...

View Profile of Crazyfool      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Samson
friar

Posted: 19-02-2010 18:28   
Quote:

On 19-02-2010 17:39, Crazyfool wrote:
Oreo is well know amongst other players as a charlatan...

I thought he was known more as a biscuit of American origin?

[ This Message was edited by: Samson on 19-02-2010 18:49 ]

View Profile of Samson      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Fiz
cabalist

Posted: 19-02-2010 21:37   
I don't do the bashes but I always make a point to read Royston's hilarious bash reports. thanks for the laughs, as usual!

View Profile of Fiz        Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
royston
ranger

Posted: 20-02-2010 08:25   
Quote:

On 19-02-2010 16:28, Turrican wrote:
Quote:

On 19-02-2010 12:11, royston wrote:
I find doing the bees more boring the Watersnakes

Curiously, I don't.

Quote:

Better anyway than my usual under 20 for mob-kills.

Try changing your routine, go for stuff like rats (22), dws (48), gobs (13), zombies (10) etc. Remember other players are not there to help, they're out to steal your kills!

The trouble I find with the bees is that I need one finger and one eye on the keyboard, one finger and one eye on the map and I need a third eye on the VDU.

My usual routine is to go for the gobs first, then the rats and then the dragon. After that I usually find I am spending some little time visiting the Spring.

Routines can be dangerous I think especially if you start playing in 'automode'. But thanks for the advice.

[ This Message was edited by: royston on 20-02-2010 08:27 ]

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Heiach
Wizard

Posted: 24-02-2010 00:24   
Could someone perhaps make a database of all of the bash reports?

I mean I know I had that on my site.. but I've lost the source code for it.. and right now have not the inclination to re-write said site all over.

If someone knew of a way to find said code I might be willing to start it up again..
Wayback Machine doesn't work...

[ This Message was edited by: Heiach on 24-02-2010 00:37 ]

View Profile of Heiach   Email Heiach   Goto the website of Heiach          Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Armand
explorer

Posted: 24-02-2010 10:46   
If your website is still up, you could just download the code from the server..

View Profile of Armand      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Armand
explorer

Posted: 24-02-2010 10:47   
Alternatively if the code was done in pure HTML / CSS then you can just go to the page in a browser and View > Source.

Armand
explorer

Posted: 24-02-2010 10:50   
It occurs to me that it might not be a bad idea for Muddled Times to include copies of all bash reports that have occured since the last issue (or all since Royston started them, in the case of the next issue). If Crazyfool agrees to this idea then I'll be happy to do the work of going through the forum and getting copies of them all.

[ This Message was edited by: Armand on 24-02-2010 10:51 ]

Crazyfool
Wizard

Posted: 24-02-2010 17:40   
I agree. I think we could do with another issue of MT now Mud is starting to pick up again.

Cf

View Profile of Crazyfool      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Armand
explorer

Posted: 25-02-2010 00:32   
Cool. I have at least one article to submit.

Turrican
Arch-Wizard

Posted: 25-02-2010 23:42   
Quote:

On 24-02-2010 17:40, Crazyfool wrote:
I agree. I think we could do with another issue of MT now Mud is starting to pick up again.

I think I'll let you can explain that to Karya...

View Profile of Turrican      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
[New Topic]   [Reply]
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic

These forums may be read by anyone, but only registered mudII.co.uk
players may post. When posting, please refrain from behaviour
not tolerated in the game.

These forums are moderated.