[New Topic]   [Reply]
[Edit Profile]  [Edit Your Preferences]  [Search]
[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
MUDII Forum Index » » General Chat » » Thursday's Bash (25/03/10)
Author Thursday's Bash (25/03/10)
royston
ranger

Posted: 27-03-2010 12:03   
BASH REPORT FOR 25TH MARCH 2010.

Well I suppose it had to happen. After a few weeks of outstanding success a through of low pressure was expected. Personally I found Thursday's bash a disappointment.

To start with there was only Kofola (remember him from last week?) and me playing. Luckily he is a good player. I have no idea who he really is but he seems to be an old player from long ago who has come back into the game.

It started off badly for me. I took a long while kitting myself out mainly because Kofola beat me to the kit every time. Eventually I settled on the staff and a key. As Kofola was setting up the pillar I had to go to the Goblins via the waterfall, and sure enough I caught a cold. I killed G2 and 3 before rushing in headlong to G10. Normally on 120 stam I can get the better of G10 but not on this occasion and the flee cost me 596 points. That made me 548 points down at the start. Pederask the Sorcerer had meanwhile joined us. Now we were three and 144 live mobiles with 88 minutes left of play. I had to abandon the Goblins for a while as Kofola had set up the pillar.

Turrican the Arch Wizard who has running the show suggest that I would find a better weapon in the Hut. There were a number there all not normally found in the Land. No doubt all booked out by Turrican from the Wizards? Garden Shed. I dropped my staff and picked up the ?best? weapon. I found myself holding the two handed sword and whizzed off with it. But as Turrican said, ?two handed? means you need both hands to wield it, so it cannot be used if you are carrying anything else, even a key. But I decided to persist with it and drop everything else when I got into a fight. You will not surprised that the problem I found later was not picking my key up after the fight.

I went back to finish the Goblins to find Kofola there going through them like the Assyrian coming down like wolf on the fold. I left him to it and with a saddened heart went off to do the water snakes and the North Mountain. Again there was no snow leopard and no lynx. A check, at this stage, showed that we had been joined by Foddy the Arch Wizard; as well as Blib and Cenedra, no doubt chatting in the Tearoom as is their wont.

I went on engaging a few of the surface beasts in the Formal Gardens and up and down the Badly Paved Road. Killing the Beetle, left just 75 mobiles alive.

I next started on the Dwarfs. Luckily I wasn?t there when someone turned the tap on without warning, I opened the gateway and got as far as the first door and realised I had picked my key up. I could have hit the door with the sword but I always feel that lacks finesse and you cannot lock the door afterwards. So off I went to find my key in a Dense Forest somewhere.

Back in the Dwarfen Realm I met Angmraa the Superhero. I set about the dwarfs with great zest and again had to drop the key. Kafola, now a Necromancer, was about the place making his presence felt. I noted with interest the kit he was carrying and took a bit of time out to write it down on a piece of paper. At one stage I had to do an inventory when I could not wield the two handed sword and I knew I had dropped the key. I found had acquired a teddy. Checking the log now, it appears that I picked it up with the key during a fight with dwarf39 when she dropped it on fleeing. I tend to miss these points and it throws me later when things don?t happen the way they should. Finally I lost my key completely and had to resort to bashing doors down with the sword. Suddenly I found myself facing hefty dwarf guard3 who was holding an epee; a weapon I had last seen safely stowed away in the hut. I did not fancy my chances with a stam down to 69, having just been in a fight with hefty dwarf guard5, so I resited to a moderately safe location before he attacked me.

Back in the fray I was attacked by the Queen Dwarf who was uxorially assisted by the King. I fled on 34 stam (sensible for once I thought), but picking up everything I dropped on the way out, I touched fire4 (it appears we were in the King?s Study where there was a "merry fire burning in the grate") and I dropped another 30 stam and actually disappeared from the scene with a stam of just 4. But I ended up with two keys and jewel box5. Neither of the keys fitted the box, of course. But I did search and find the right key before visiting the swamp. Although I preach against wasting valuable time swamping treasure when you are supposed to be bashing mobiles, I did so on this occasion as the acquisition was unexpected. What a hypocrite! I even remembered to ?keep sword? this time.

The next job was to help Kofola kill the Vampire and the Wraith (The Evil Twins as they are known).

Now I did something really stupidl I started to ?wh? things to see what was left and one of them was the Spider. Looking at the log it definitely tells me that the Spider is in the Ruin. Despite this, I still go to the ruin without an antidote and I am surprised to see it there and mesmerised to such an extent, I cannot move. Well, the result was inevitable I got poisoned and died a silly death, losing first 571 points and then another 1,244. Can anyone explain the double penalty?

Passing through the Tearoom I saw Oreo and Cenedra, leaving Pederask and Kofola, oh and me as I found myself at Foxhill, North. I bumped into a skeleton. I don?t like skeletons so normally I would have left it to Kofola who seemed to know what he was about, but bravado got the better of me and I joined in. I let it go on till my stam was down to 17 and tried to flee (at a cost of 594 points) but I was blocked. So just in time, I qq?d.

There were just 16 alive when there was 10 minutes of play left and I realised that 10 of the 16 were bees. I went to the Maze and counted them out one by one.

At the end there were just three left, the piglet some where in the Scriptorium, the Man in the Boneyard and I think the Thief somewhere or another.

On a personal note I stared the set with 26,417 points and ended it with 25,753. It was not one of my more satisfying Bashes.

[ This Message was edited by: royston on 27-03-2010 12:59 ]

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Armand
explorer

Posted: 27-03-2010 14:25   
Quote:

On 27-03-2010 12:03, royston wrote:
571 points and then another 1,244. Can anyone explain the double penalty?

One for ending the fight (equivalent to fleeing) and one for dying a silly death to poison.

View Profile of Armand      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
blib
explorer

Posted: 29-03-2010 10:46   
Quote:

On 27-03-2010 14:25, Armand wrote:
Quote:

On 27-03-2010 12:03, royston wrote:
571 points and then another 1,244. Can anyone explain the double penalty?

One for ending the fight (equivalent to fleeing) and one for dying a silly death to poison.

O.K. clever clogs. You've accounted for two of the points lost. What about the other 1815?

BTW, have you signed my "Ban Hal" petition yet?

View Profile of blib   Email blib      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Armand
explorer

Posted: 29-03-2010 13:36   
571 + 1244 = 1815
1815 - 2 = 1813

So you should have said "the other 1813". I win

Don't worry, the petition is "safely" in my possession, awaiting my signature. At this point in time I can't say how long the wait might be.

View Profile of Armand      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
blib
explorer

Posted: 29-03-2010 14:52   
Pedant.

View Profile of blib   Email blib      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
[New Topic]   [Reply]
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic

These forums may be read by anyone, but only registered mudII.co.uk
players may post. When posting, please refrain from behaviour
not tolerated in the game.

These forums are moderated.