[New Topic]   [Reply]
[Edit Profile]  [Edit Your Preferences]  [Search]
[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
MUDII Forum Index » » General Chat » » Last Night's bash (15/04/10)
Author Last Night's bash (15/04/10)
royston
ranger

Posted: 16-04-2010 12:43   
BASH REPORT FOR 15TH APRIL 2010

Any hope of a win was doomed from the start as Torment the Sorcerer and I were the only two North. However we did our best. There was a split vote on General; we obviously voted for each other and Turrican the Arch Wizard who was running the event put in a casting vote for Torment. A good choice.

Torment set up the pillar. I came across the thief carrying both Key10 and the barometer, two items I could not possibly allow him to swamp. On the way to the hut I came across the goat and in dealing with him my stam dropped to 39. As I was on the way to experience the pillar, I made the decision not to stam up because my stam would automatically increase and I did not want to waste Torment?s time waiting for me. This was a critical error because as I rushed into the hut I ran slap bang into the Golem who wasted no time in attacking me with an axe. It appeared that Turrican realising that as there were only two players he had move the Golem to the main land. My Stam quickly dropped first to 29 and then to 18. Luckily Torment appeared on scene and waded in. Turrican also helped by increasing my stam by 30 (he must have felt bad about moving the Golem) and I still had a wafer, which put me back up to 78. But it was touch and go for a while. We killed the Golem and although only worth 56 points each, I did complete another task. Turrican gave me back my wafer (he must have felt really bad about moving the Golem).

A s it happened, this little altercation was the only time we worked as a team and helped one another. The rest of the set we did our own thing independently. I went down to do the Goblins, my usual first port o?call. Torment had both the pointers. Well he had one and the other was in the Caved-in Grave. That showed a distinct lack of trust I felt. When was the last time I PK?d anyone? But it did mean I had to go in via the waterfall and this time I did remember to hide my wafer somewhere in the Maze first.

Pulling the lever I surprisingly found my self in the company of Torment as we hurtled down the chute. My reading of subsequent events was that he was after the Dragon and needed the flute to clear his way. In any event he left me to kill all the Goblins except two on the way to the Treasure Chamber and the two in the Guard Room. Indeed I soon heard the flute blasting away. Then, as is my wont, it was on to the Watersnakes followed by the North Mountain. At this stage there were 84 alive and 55 minutes to go. We were doing remarkably well for only two players. Except that we were not two as Mortimer the Necromancer had joined in.

Somebody turned the valve on. Again it was without warning. Amazingly only a minute later, with 54 minutes to go we were down to 75 mobiles. That was nine in one minute and none of them by me. I now finished off the Snowbird and checked for a Snowleopard and a Lynx. Neither of them were about.

Gdi the Swordsman (whoever that is hiding his or her main persona) decided to encourage me from the safety of the Tearoom, waking me up in the process.

I wandered about the formal gardens mopping up the few remaining Mobiles there.

Suddenly there was a roar of a Dragon?s breath followed by a bell tolling. It was Torment. So now we were back to two. Rashly and casting all caution away, I decided I had to go after the Dragon myself. I got as far as the Captain?s Cabin and saw that the chart was missing. It was obviously on the Island with the rest of the kit. It really bugs me when players do not leave the chart behind because these very circumstances can arise. It?s like having the keys to your suitcase inside your trousers? pocket when the trousers are inside the locked suitcase. There is no need to pickup the chart at all; you just have to READ it.

I can understand making off with the chart in a normal set. Where, for example, some sneaky female player who calls you ?Honey?, empties out the Druids after you have taken all the risks in dealing with the Dragon and are still getting your act together. This happened to me only last week. But this does not apply to a Thursday Night Bash when doing the Druids should not even be contemplated as the time taken to do it would be better spent bashing.

It turned out I did not have to do anything about the Dragon, in any case, as the business had been successfully done by Torment before his sad demise. I can only assume that he decided to stay on and have a chat with the Dragon afterwards.

I bumped into Mortimer in the Mine who handed me the Valetant. I did not realise this at the time and I was convinced for a while that, when it spoke, someone invisible had it and was following me around. Doh!

The Valetant did give me a certain amount of confidence and with reckless gay abandon I killed the Spider, the Vampire (fleeing from him once) and the Wraith all solo. For me that was happiness. In the middle of all this fighting, the Hunchback appeared but luckily did not join in. He did seem a long way from his normal haunts.

When regaining my Stamina I tried to deafen myself so the Valetant did not wake me up but it did not last very long before I regained my hearing.

A little quote at this stage:

qw
Zedar the mage
Gdi the swordsman
Royston the necromancer=
Cenedra the mage#
*You can hear the sound of rain on the trees.
*wh zedar
1 in the place known as "Elizabethan tearoom".
*wh gdi
*wh cenedra
*qw.sv.date.reset
Zedar the mage
Gdi the swordsman
Royston the necromancer=
Cenedra the mage#
*60 alive, 236 dead.
*Date: 15-APR-10 22:25:11.
*Time-stamp: 22:25:12 on 15-APR-2010.
This is reset 45420, using slot 0.
An auto-reset will be initiated in approximately 15 minutes.

This says it all really: I was on my own with a target of 4 per minute.

It was now that I threw the towel in. It would have taken me about 15 minutes to do the bees alone and then there were still about 48 dwarfs left and all the sea life .

On a serious note, I am concerned about the lack of support on a Thursday Night. I fear that unless more people take part the Wizzes will decide that we are really not interested, withdraw their support and it all becomes something that used to happen. Last week there were zero participants and this week most of the time just two. Can we please have a better turn out next week. That means YOU (pointy finger).

[ This Message was edited by: Royston on 16-04-2010 18:02 ]

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
royston
ranger

Posted: 16-04-2010 15:17   
Thinking about it....

We still have two unfinished quests to complete. One under the Monastery and the other under the Keep. Would either of those be more popular?

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
blib
explorer

Posted: 16-04-2010 15:36   
There's a Golem?

View Profile of blib   Email blib      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Gadget
friar

Posted: 16-04-2010 15:41   
I'll try and make an effort next week then...

View Profile of Gadget        Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Turrican
Arch-Wizard

Posted: 16-04-2010 16:28   
Quote:

On 16-04-2010 12:43, royston wrote:
It appeared that Turrican realising that as there were only two players he had move the Golem to the main land.

Beware of wizards bearing gifts?

Quote:

I can understand making off with the chart in a normal set.

Could be an old player from Wireplay.

Quote:

It would have taken me about 15 minutes to do the bees alone and then there were still about 48 dwarfs left and all the sea life .

Somebody fodded the bees.

View Profile of Turrican      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
royston
ranger

Posted: 17-04-2010 18:44   

Quote:

Somebody fodded the bees.

The last time I fodded a mobile I didn't survive. Mind you, it was the dragon.

Turrican
Arch-Wizard

Posted: 18-04-2010 18:21   
Quote:

On 16-04-2010 12:43, royston wrote:
On a serious note, I am concerned about the lack of support on a Thursday Night. I fear that unless more people take part the Wizzes will decide that we are really not interested, withdraw their support and it all becomes something that used to happen.

I wouldn't worry too much, wizzes are generally long-suffering (they wouldn't have made it to wiz otherwise).

Quote:

Last week there were zero participants and this week most of the time just two. Can we please have a better turn out next week. That means YOU (pointy finger).

There was something on TV that might account for this week.

View Profile of Turrican      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
[New Topic]   [Reply]
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic

These forums may be read by anyone, but only registered mudII.co.uk
players may post. When posting, please refrain from behaviour
not tolerated in the game.

These forums are moderated.