[New Topic]   [Reply]
[Edit Profile]  [Edit Your Preferences]  [Search]
[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
MUDII Forum Index » » General Chat » » Last Night's Bash (29/04/10)
Author Last Night's Bash (29/04/10)
royston
ranger

Posted: 30-04-2010 08:03   
I am sorry I haven?t got the time for this this morning. Can somebody else please say a few words.

I will not be about next week or the week after and possibly the week after that. We are moving house from Spain to England on Friday 7th and taking a slow drive back through France. On Thursday the 13th May we should be on our penultimate leg of the journey.

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Crazyfool
Wizard

Posted: 30-04-2010 17:59   
Good luck with move mate.

View Profile of Crazyfool      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Heiach
Wizard

Posted: 30-04-2010 21:17   
The land reset.
Monsters spawned.
Players entered the game.
Some stayed in the tea room.
Some journeyed forth to slay the foul denizens.
Players lost.

View Profile of Heiach   Email Heiach   Goto the website of Heiach          Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
royston
ranger

Posted: 01-05-2010 09:23   
Thank you, Heiach, says it all really except for the PK'ing. Was that you?

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Crazyfool
Wizard

Posted: 01-05-2010 11:07   
I was on last night. With other players. Lets get Mud banging...........

View Profile of Crazyfool      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
blib
explorer

Posted: 03-05-2010 17:15   
Here's my report....

BASH REPORT

The Bash started dead on time at 9:00pm, with just Kingcobra and I alone going North. Both of us were Sorcerers but we were joined by Zalagar the Superheroine. I was elected Bash-Hamster. I would have preferred Bash-Master or even Hamster-Master, both of which have better ring. But in effect I was the Captain of the team. But as always, there was little evidence during the evening of me throwing my weight about.

I had been considering dealing with the Dragon myself but Kingcobra seemed keen on doing it and I had a bad feeling about it. I had a sort of sixth sense warning that it would attack me on sight. So I bowed out of the job gracefully.

We went through the mobiles steadily. One of my two companions flooded the Mine without warning just a minute or so after I got out of the place. I have complained about this kind of thoughtlessness before. I cannot stress how annoying it is to have a wall of water descend on you suddenly when you are engaged with a dwarf or two. Unless there is a deliberate intent to catch out another player, a warning must be shouted throughout the Land and a slow count of ?five? undertaken before turning the valve.

Foddy appeared in the Tearoom to see how things were going and so did Blib. Bliz as I will now call him (Blib the Wiz) for once did not open up the Giants. But this was clearly a double bluff to give the impression of co-incidence for all the many previous openings he was responsible for.

At 8 minutes to go there were still 42 Mobiles left and they were all the problem ones: The sealife, the Spider, the Golem and so on. I had a look around the Dwarfs? and it seemed to me to be empty.

A male voice (pretending to be me) asked Foddy for a half hour extension. I did not rise to this outrageous deception as I am convinced that Wizzes know exactly who is doing the shouting. Anyway, at the time, I was busy with the Man.

However at the Auto-reset initiation, there was a postponement of 1200 seconds, which in the heat of the moment I had difficulty in converting into 20 minutes. Now we were in with the a chance. And I went on to look at the Sealife. I was spectacularly unsuccessful at sea. I fled from a combination of the Jellyfish and Shark four times and went the wrong way at sea once. Fleeing at sea is particularly expensive as you lose points for fleeing and then more for drowning. From the log, I lost 2944 points in this escapade but for once I did not die Dead-Dead. I am beginning to think Bliz might be right about some things. .

We ran out of time with 18 mobiles left. But we all agreed it was a good bash. And in all honesty not a bad result with just three players. Overall I was 169 points up on the evening and so still on the right side of the ledger. No complaints there

View Profile of blib   Email blib      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Zalagar
pioneer

Posted: 03-05-2010 17:31   
Wait a minute!

I wasn't at this bash!

Are you copying and pasting one of Royston's bash reports, or are you making stuff up?

EDIT: I just checked. You copied the text from one of Royston's reports from January of this year. Why in the WORLD would you do this thing?

It's dishonest, it's misleading, and it's not funny.

[ This Message was edited by: Zalagar on 03-05-2010 17:35 ]

View Profile of Zalagar      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Armand
explorer

Posted: 03-05-2010 18:08   
Yeah Blib. Zalagar has already had words with you in the past about your bash report antics. Clearly it has been going in one ear and out of the other.

View Profile of Armand      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
royston
ranger

Posted: 03-05-2010 18:39   
Quote:

On 03-05-2010 17:31, Zalagar wrote:
Wait a minute!

I wasn't at this bash!

Are you copying and pasting one of Royston's bash reports, or are you making stuff up?

EDIT: I just checked. You copied the text from one of Royston's reports from January of this year. Why in the WORLD would you do this thing?

[ This Message was edited by: Zalagar on 03-05-2010 17:35 ]

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/british/joke_1

blib
explorer

Posted: 03-05-2010 18:48   
Hey, don't blame me Zalagar!

All of Royston's reports look the same to me. So, I thought I'd help out. Flesh the thread out, as it were.

Armand, aren't you banned?

View Profile of blib   Email blib      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
royston
ranger

Posted: 03-05-2010 19:35   
They all look the same to me too.

Fiz
cabalist

Posted: 03-05-2010 19:49   
Blib = not funny AT ALL.

Zalagar = life of the party.

View Profile of Fiz        Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
royston
ranger

Posted: 03-05-2010 19:54   
Quote:

On 03-05-2010 19:49, Fiz wrote:
Blib = not funny AT ALL.

Zalagar = life of the party.

Is that another joke?

Turrican
Arch-Wizard

Posted: 04-05-2010 16:04   
Quote:

On 03-05-2010 17:31, Zalagar wrote:

Hope this isn't going to be one of his running jokes.

Quote:

On 03-05-2010 19:54, royston wrote:
Is that another joke?

Looks like sarcasm.

[ This Message was edited by: Turrican on 04-05-2010 16:05 ]

View Profile of Turrican      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
[New Topic]   [Reply]
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic

These forums may be read by anyone, but only registered mudII.co.uk
players may post. When posting, please refrain from behaviour
not tolerated in the game.

These forums are moderated.