[New Topic]   [Reply]
[Edit Profile]  [Edit Your Preferences]  [Search]
[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
MUDII Forum Index » » General Chat » » Last Night's Bash (08/07/2010)
Author Last Night's Bash (08/07/2010)
royston
ranger

Posted: 09-07-2010 17:57   
On the whole this was a good one. At the start players were: Markybull the Necromancer, who was elected General, Domina the Warlock and me at Superhero. I found the PC already open and started on the Goblins. Next Markybull told me to do the bees. This instruction I wilfully disobeyed, as I felt I was helpless in the Maze without my maps. Without magic you have to concentrate on mobiles which do not move about too much. So instead I went to look at the rats. Markybull and Domina both joined me there but I had to leave to an adjoining room and much needed sleep, which was impossible with those two slaughtering the rats.

Markybull got himself killed by the Basilisk and was the only casualty of the evening. Ironically the extra Zombie that this spawned was one of the two surviving mobiles at the end.

Meanwhile I was marooned on the North Mountain. Domina promised to return the bow to me when I needed it but was now suddenly out of the game. My only way out with the kit I had was to quit and come back in, leaving the Longsword on the mountain.

On my way through Markybull was on his own in theTearoom. I knew where I had left the Baton and felt that it would be an easy matter to recover the bow and then collect all my kit off the mountain. Going after the Bow, I did what had to be done and found myself in the Classical Ruin where there was a huge pile of kit on the floor, including the Bow itself. I was concerned that the Basilisk was still about so I grabbed all the gear and returned promptly. Back in the Land, Buckrogers the Necromancer appeared at my elbow. He told me the Basilisk was dead and we completed the business with the pillar before anything else.

Together we started on the dwarfs, though Buckrogers must have done the Guards and the King and Queen on his own. In the middle of all this mayhem, someone wanted to do the Icons. And as no one else wanted to, I elected to go in and deal with the Golem. I was reasonably confident with the Longsword and one wafer. At the right moment I shouted ?med? to the others, counted slowly to ten, then input the command myself and went into a deep trance. Domina without much protection and just the dagger found herself unexpectedly ?in?. But it all worked out fine in the end. Someone did the keep but somehow completely missed the griffin, which was only discovered later towards the end.

A bit of teamwork with Domina dispatched the Vampire nand the Wraith. I did the Spider solo and without magic, of which I am immeasurably proud.

Left towards the end were the sea life about ten dwarfs and a few odds and ends. Unexpectedly I stumbled into the Billy Goat. I don?t know who was the more surprised.

The two remaining mobiles were Skeleton1 in the Fossil Room and Zombie10 who had been very elusive.

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Crazyfool
Wizard

Posted: 09-07-2010 18:09   
Sorry I left. I was and still am having internet issues.

Cf

View Profile of Crazyfool      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
buckrogers
novice

Posted: 09-07-2010 20:44   
Quote:

*You hit the skeleton0 (20-29).
The skeleton0 looks close to expiry.
The skeleton0 misses you.
The skeleton0 has fled by going southwest.
You can fight him no longer.
Staggering uncontrollably, the skeleton0 walks away, animatedly.
*sw
Cave.
An animated skeleton (skeleton0) bars your way. A zombie resembling Markybull the sorcerer (zombie10) stands in your way!
*k mo f wp
You attack the zombie10, using Valetant as a weapon.
You attack the skeleton0, using Valetant as a weapon.
*reset
Time-stamp: 22:55:56 on 8-JUL-2010.
This is reset 46551, using slot 0.
A reset is due in 8 seconds.
*sv
2 alive, 299 dead.
*You miss the skeleton0.
The skeleton0 misses you.
You hit the zombie10 (15-19).
The zombie10 looks to have minor damage.
The zombie10 misses you.
The skeleton0 has fled by going northeast.
You can fight him no longer.
Staggering uncontrollably, the skeleton0 walks away, animatedly.
*sh z10!!!
You shout "z10!!!".
*ne
You can't just leave in the middle of a fight! You have to flee!
*k mo f wp
You're using Valetant anyway...
Your guard drops momentarily in your confusion.
*You hit the zombie10 (20-29).
The zombie10 looks close to expiry.
The zombie10 misses you.
The zombie10 misses you.
*qn
Something magical is happening.
(49,377).

It was sk0, probably would have killed it if not for z10 too.

[ This Message was edited by: buckrogers on 09-07-2010 20:46 ]

View Profile of buckrogers      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Crazyfool
Wizard

Posted: 09-07-2010 21:25   
Not good enough. You are sacked.

View Profile of Crazyfool      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
royston
ranger

Posted: 10-07-2010 09:59   
Quote:

On 09-07-2010 21:25, Crazyfool wrote:
Not good enough. You are sacked.

It was close!

[ This Message was edited by: royston on 10-07-2010 10:01 ]

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
[New Topic]   [Reply]
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic

These forums may be read by anyone, but only registered mudII.co.uk
players may post. When posting, please refrain from behaviour
not tolerated in the game.

These forums are moderated.