[New Topic]   [Reply]
[Edit Profile]  [Edit Your Preferences]  [Search]
[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
MUDII Forum Index » » General Chat » » Get voting! RANK 40!!!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Author Get voting! RANK 40!!!
Armand
explorer

Posted: 06-09-2010 23:03   
It also might make more sense to just start with a single month for $25 total ($4.16 each if divided by six people) that way we're not risking much if it turns out to be a waste of time.

View Profile of Armand      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Turrican
Arch-Wizard

Posted: 06-09-2010 23:37   
Quote:

On 06-09-2010 23:01, mud2banner.gif wrote:
Over 20 years of continuous development.

And it still crashes.

[ This Message was edited by: turrican on 06-09-2010 23:39 ]

View Profile of Turrican      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
blib
explorer

Posted: 07-09-2010 22:17   
I like that banner, Armand.

As for the one or six months issue. I vote for six.

View Profile of blib   Email blib      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Armand
explorer

Posted: 08-09-2010 01:03   
Still waiting for a reply unfortunately. Perhaps tomorrow.

Crazyfool
Wizard

Posted: 08-09-2010 19:31   
Its your ill fated attempt to get a pen pal all over again.

View Profile of Crazyfool      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Armand
explorer

Posted: 08-09-2010 21:52   
Ok, I got a reply. Currently there are 11 banners on rotation and the average is around 10. He would prefer us to pool our money and send it in one payment. Since Crazyfool doesn't have a Paypal account I'm happy to organise something. So if you want to contribute, you can either click on the following link and send the money through Paypal:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=SV3T4RQ9A3YDC

It should let you pay by card even if you don't have a Paypal account.

Or, send me an email to davidfarlow (at) email (dot) com and I'll reply with my bank details if you want to just send it directly. This will save me paying Paypal fees which means more money for advertising.

Ideally six of us would contribute ?17 each which will be enough to cover the $150 for the seven month package plus a few pounds to spare to cover bank fees, but anything will help if you can't afford that. I'll keep this thread updated with a running tally of what we've raised.

If we manage to raise more than $150 then the rest will go into a fund which will be a prize we'll offer new players as an incentive to play. I'm putting $50 towards the prize on top of my $25 for the advert, but that isn't meant to set the bar - I realise not everyone will want to contribute that sort of money, and really any little will help, even if it is just a few pounds.

Magician
cleric

Posted: 09-09-2010 07:21   
Armand, I will transfer the money directly. I will donate ?17 for now. Could you let us know once we have enough for the advertising, and how much surplus (or shortfall) we have, and I will top up the newbie prize pot if required. My point is if 20 people donate ?17 we may not need to add any more to the prize pot.

JB

View Profile of Magician   Email Magician      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
royston
ranger

Posted: 09-09-2010 09:49   
I do like the idea of a prize for Newbies but I hope they have to earn it either in competion between themselves or by completing some sort of quest. If they are given a prize just for joining, it will just be a bribe. We ciuld get lots of new players and keep none. Sorry for any typos. I blame the virtual keyboard on this smart phone. Still no computer that works.

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Armand
explorer

Posted: 09-09-2010 11:26   
Thanks for the donations received - we have ?33.2 (about $51) in the fund already after deducting Paypal fees and bank details sent for two more donations.

Sorry, I didn't think to explain properly about the prize for those who weren't in the tearoom when it was talked about. The prize will be for the first new player to make wiz. Obviously very challenging, but it will also mean the prize will last a long time so we won't have to keep renewing it. Existing players will not be eligible. If people feel strongly that the prize should be more accessible then we could lower the goal to mage or 150k points, or something along those lines. My preference is to keep it as much of a challenge as possible though.

Just to re-iterate though, the main thing is the advertising, so don't feel obliged to contribute to the prize, especially as Magician said we may end up with a surplus anyway.

EDIT: updated fund amount

[ This Message was edited by: Armand on 09-09-2010 11:32 ]

Crazyfool
Wizard

Posted: 10-09-2010 18:42   
I will organise my payment asap. Thanks Armand.

blib
explorer

Posted: 10-09-2010 20:52   
Armand will only use the money to buy another pink bicycle with a basket on the front and ribbons.

That's what he does.

Always.

royston
ranger

Posted: 10-09-2010 21:38   
Quote:

On 10-09-2010 20:52, blib wrote:
Armand will only use the money to buy another pink bicycle with a basket on the front and ribbons.

That's what he does.

Always.

Not much of a prize.

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Armand
explorer

Posted: 12-09-2010 15:07   
Thanks for all the emails and Paypal donations. I will update tomorrow with the amount we have raised. As a guess, I would say we have hit the target already, but if not we are very close.

Armand
explorer

Posted: 15-09-2010 11:52   
Update: we have ?105.66 in the fund which is equivalent to about $163, plus the $50 I'm putting towards the prize.

So we're basically ready to go, apart from the banner. If anyone has contact with Crowley, could you ask him to have a look at the mudmail I sent him? I think one or two of you may have him on Facebook.

Thanks

Crazyfool
Wizard

Posted: 15-09-2010 18:33   
I will send soon. Sorry but this months pay has been delayed.

blib
explorer

Posted: 17-09-2010 19:00   
What's the news?

How's the bicycle, Hal?

Armand
explorer

Posted: 18-09-2010 02:41   
Same as above. If we don't manage to get hold of Crowley, we may have to either design a new banner or just use the one already there until we get his permission to add the changes. I checked with TMS and they are happy to have the banner changed whenever, so its not a big problem.

What does everyone think? Just go for it with what we have now?

Heiach
Wizard

Posted: 18-09-2010 07:52   
That's cool and everything, but I believe we've had 2 weeks of zero turn-outs for the bash.

View Profile of Heiach   Email Heiach   Goto the website of Heiach          Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Crazyfool
Wizard

Posted: 18-09-2010 14:21   
The banner itself is fine.

The key problem, which Heiach raises, is that these new players will just leave again if we dont have players on. I will vis every time im on but without mortals, it looks a little boring.

If we get enough new players I dont suppose it will matter.

Cf

royston
ranger

Posted: 18-09-2010 18:04   
Sadly, through reasons beyond my control, I have been out of things.

I am disappointed at the lack of support for the Thursday night bashes. For a newbie it should be the highlight of the MUD week. With a large turnout it gives a chance to interact with other players in a reasonably safe environment and an opportunity to contribute towards a common goal. It is certainly a great deal of fun.

Equally it is important that the Bashes are reported in the forum. Not just for regular players but also for outsiders, stumbling into the forum, to read and hopefully wish to find out more.

I should be back in a week or two subject to acquiring a new computer.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
[New Topic]   [Reply]
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic

These forums may be read by anyone, but only registered mudII.co.uk
players may post. When posting, please refrain from behaviour
not tolerated in the game.

These forums are moderated.