[New Topic]   [Reply]
[Edit Profile]  [Edit Your Preferences]  [Search]
[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
MUDII Forum Index » » General Chat » » Bash Report 04/11/2010
Author Bash Report 04/11/2010
royston
ranger

Posted: 05-11-2010 11:09   
I am going to be in some difficulties this morning as I do not think I have done a log of last night?s game using the new client. I could not go to full screen using Clio and so downloaded and installed another. It is simply called ?MUDII client?. I think it must be Havoc?s one. If there is a log I cannot find it.

I was under a handicap last night as well. The new client does not it seems, allow for macros on which I have come to rely, especially in an emergency. The other thing was that irl I sliced the tip of my left index finger when I was supposed to be slicing lemons. My left index finger, I should add, looks nothing like a lemon but it gave me jip every time I tapped it on the keyboard.

Well last night: After a contretemps with the Griffin during the afternoon, I started off at Yeoman. Loadlocker and Roberto were also playing. In order that I could get stuck in straight away, Heiach, who was hosting the Bash, kindly doted 600 points on me so that I could start off at Warrior level.

Unfortunately Loadlocker could not stay very long and for most of the set it was just Roberto and me battling it out. I started off in the Goblins? Cave where I immediately fell upon three goblins including G10. Or rather they fell upon me. I gave that up for a bad job and went after the Watersnakes and then on to North Mountain. Meanwhile Roberto was going like a steam engine, not only slaying mobiles but also collecting treasure and leaving it in the Hut for me to swamp. I must own up to doing a bit of treasure swamping off my own bat too.

Roberto did most of the bashing, it must be said; but I did help out a bit by following him around and doing exactly what he told me to do. We did the Keep and I happily saw the Griffin defeated. Roberto did most of the dwarfs on his own, though I did help out with some of the Dwarf Guards.

At the end there were just two mobiles left and after a lot of searching, I had a feeling that Roberto was going through a printed list, he found that one of the two was the Wolf and he wasted no time dealing with it. That just left one with literally a minute to go. It was of course, the Golem; impossible with just two players. Happily Heiach was persuaded to FOD it and so the Bash was won.

This was the most exciting Bash I have experienced so far. I was physically knackered at the end of it. I scored 10,888 points; my personal best. But I had a great deal of help so I don?t think it should count.

The question remains who is Roberto? From his undoubted skill, his kindness towards me, and most of all his style, I think I know; but I am not letting on.

[ This Message was edited by: royston on 05-11-2010 11:20 ]

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Heiach
Wizard

Posted: 05-11-2010 13:33   
I never fodded the golem. It died of natural causes!

View Profile of Heiach   Email Heiach   Goto the website of Heiach          Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
blib
explorer

Posted: 05-11-2010 16:54   
Quote:

On 05-11-2010 11:09, royston wrote:
The question remains who is Roberto? From his undoubted skill, his kindness towards me, and most of all his style, I think I know; but I am not letting on.

Undoubted skill, kindness, style, it just has to be me!

Stands to reason.

View Profile of blib   Email blib      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
[New Topic]   [Reply]
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic

These forums may be read by anyone, but only registered mudII.co.uk
players may post. When posting, please refrain from behaviour
not tolerated in the game.

These forums are moderated.