[New Topic]   [Reply]
[Edit Profile]  [Edit Your Preferences]  [Search]
[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
MUDII Forum Index » » General Chat » » Birthday Bash 2nd December!
Author Birthday Bash 2nd December!
Heiach
Wizard

Posted: 01-12-2010 18:40   
As it's my first birthday since wizzing, I've decided to do something a (tiny) little bit different. All of the mobiles will remain the same etc.. but everyone who turns up 5-10 mins before the bash will get a little present from me!

View Profile of Heiach   Email Heiach   Goto the website of Heiach          Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Magician
cleric

Posted: 01-12-2010 20:57   
I will try my best to be there:-)

View Profile of Magician   Email Magician      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
royston
ranger

Posted: 02-12-2010 07:18   
Beware Wizards bearing gifts!

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
blib
explorer

Posted: 02-12-2010 17:44   

Beware Wizards. Full stop!

View Profile of blib   Email blib      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Heiach
Wizard

Posted: 03-12-2010 10:29   
BASH REPORT

It started off with 6 mortals:
Royston the superhero
Kingcobra the beer-drinking warlock
Osterbane the swordsman
Deldread the superheroine
Buckrogers the necromancer
Gaia the sorcerer

They were all given 30 seconds to submit to me the name of a single item that they would be granted for the reset, regardless. Suffice to say we ended up with quite a few longswords, valetants and capes floating around.

There was a slight hiccup at the start with me accidentally being very generous with the number of copies in the hut. That was soon (eventually) sorted out.

Gaia the sorcerer says "didn't think of pillar".
Heiach the chimerical wizard says "go!".

And off they went! Shortly into the set Bookface the yeoman made an appearance and he was granted one of the spare copies I had inadvertantly willed into existence.

Buckrogers skillfully dealt with the fireflies while Bookface began the chore of slaying the watersnakes. By this point the voting for bash general was over and Kingcobra was the winner (mostly because a certain someone else voted for themselves - please don't do this!).

Gaia went for the goblins while royston zonked the zombies. I asked Kingcobra to choose a color for his general prefix but on a lack of reply I randomly selected BLUE!

Deldread joined in with the zombies while Royston took over the watersnakes. It was at this point that Osterbane died to the dragon and the pagoda opened!

The thing that confused me was that people kept fleeing and leaving their precious capes behind. Someone *cough* Buckrogers *cough* ended up with 4, yes 4 capes! He was, needless to say, rather invincible!

Deldread was downed by a rather hefty-looking dwarf while Osterbane repeatedly touched a forbidden stone.

Bookface died to a similar hefty dwarf while Buckrogers took on the keep! Buckrogers finished off the dwarfs while Royston and co were STILL tackling the watersnakes!

Gaia killed the stag and then Buckrogers took on ALL of the apes in 1 go with his new super powers! (He won by the way...)

There were only 13 left with 30 minutes to go so it all looked very promising. Sadly the rate of death (of the mobiles) was to slow for some reason.

Eventually someone scaled the heights of the pagoda and claimed the much-needed par that lay within!

21 mins to go with 9 left alive. Buckrogers killed a load of sea life.

5 left to kill with 12 minutes left. It was starting to get close! Someone found the snugglepuss at last! The wolf followed shortly after.

Blib joined and let everyone know that the golem was still alive and the last one to boot. How he knew is beyond me! He must be an arch-wizard!

The golem died with only seconds to spare. Everyone enjoyed the 3,000 points. Royston made sorcerer and Gaia made necromancer. Osterbane made a mess!

- Heiach

[ This Message was edited by: Heiach on 03-12-2010 10:32 ]

View Profile of Heiach   Email Heiach   Goto the website of Heiach          Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
kwee
cabalist

Posted: 03-12-2010 11:38   
Gutted to miss my first bash but I couldn't get out of work in time.

View Profile of kwee      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
royston
ranger

Posted: 03-12-2010 12:26   
Interesting report. It's good to read something written from a view point other than my own. Thank you Heiach. You can do them all from now on.

One thing I found out. If you have to flee and quit towards the end (as I had to), I thought you had to get a kill when you came back in into the game to qualify for the 3K bonus. Well you don't. The previous kill(s) in the reset count.

I THINK this also might apply for a silly death but surely not if you die dead-dead.

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
royston
ranger

Posted: 03-12-2010 12:30   
There was a suggestion being spread that the gifts bestowed by Heiach evaporated into thin air after a while. I don't think this was the case, though my ls did disappear a couple of times and took a bit of finding. I don't know who started the rumour.

[ This Message was edited by: royston on 03-12-2010 12:34 ]

blib
explorer

Posted: 05-12-2010 23:58   
Quote:

On 03-12-2010 10:29, Heiach wrote:
Blib joined and let everyone know that the golem was still alive and the last one to boot. How he knew is beyond me! He must be an arch-wizard!

You may say that. I couldn't possibly comment.

View Profile of blib   Email blib      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
royston
ranger

Posted: 06-12-2010 12:10   
[quote]
On 05-12-2010 23:58, blib wrote:
Quote:

You may say that. I couldn't possibly comment.

I could though. It's what I've been saying all along.

[New Topic]   [Reply]
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic

These forums may be read by anyone, but only registered mudII.co.uk
players may post. When posting, please refrain from behaviour
not tolerated in the game.

These forums are moderated.