[New Topic]   [Reply]
[Edit Profile]  [Edit Your Preferences]  [Search]
[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
MUDII Forum Index » » General Chat » » Ideas: Sorc War League
Author Ideas: Sorc War League
Heiach
Wizard

Posted: 22-01-2011 22:36   
You've been playing it for 2 weeks now and the first cycle will be over in another 2.. so any ideas we have here can take effect then - when all of the scores are reset.

What are your thoughts on the items available to purchase, would you like a larger selection? If so, what objects?

Another idea was to have the items you pay with your points to be given to you every time you get re-sorced. The only issue there is your lost items are someone else's reward.. But I suppose you *could* be given a new set of the specified items you requested. Thoughts?

Another idea that I think will be implemented is to have the points bestowed in a way to give handicaps. My idea is that you score points as usual for winning:

1st place = 6 points
2nd place = 5 points
3rd place = 4 points
4th place = 3 points
5th place = 2 points
6th place = 1 point

And those points will be left unspent, you'll spend another set of points for any purchases you may want to make.

So my idea is that you're granted a number of Shop Points (think of a better name maybe) which is determined by your finishing position:

1st place = 6 points and 1 shop point
2nd place = 5 points and 2 shop points
3rd place = 4 points and 3 shop points
4th place = 3 points and 4 shop points
5th place = 2 points and 5 shop points
6th place = 1 point and 6 shop points

So if you finish last one week, the chances are you may finish better the following week 'cos you'll have extra wafers, mandrakes and weapons! Which you might as well buy cos you don't lose anything for it with that idea!

The above system I think will be fairer and I will implement it for the next cycle. But what about bought objects... can you think of a way that they can last over all 3 of your lives and not just for the 1st one?

View Profile of Heiach   Email Heiach   Goto the website of Heiach          Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
royston
ranger

Posted: 22-01-2011 23:20   
I like this idea. I like it a lot. I'm not keen on the phrase 'shop points' though. What we want is some sort of coin. Something like 'doubloons' or 'pieces of eight'. Or something original like 'grockles' or perhaps 'galleons'. Only a suggestion.

[ This Message was edited by: royston on 24-01-2011 22:42 ]

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
[New Topic]   [Reply]
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic

These forums may be read by anyone, but only registered mudII.co.uk
players may post. When posting, please refrain from behaviour
not tolerated in the game.

These forums are moderated.