[Edit Profile]  [Edit Your Preferences]  [Search]
[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
MUDII Forum Index » » General Chat » » Sorcerer War League - The Second Coming
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Author Sorcerer War League - The Second Coming
Heiach
Wizard

Posted: 07-02-2011 12:27   
After much discussion about how the league currently runs, I've decided to adjust the rules a little - to make it more fair and hopefully, more enjoyable!

Sorcerer War League:

All participants enter the Tearoom at the start of the set. Everyone has 3 lives (that's 2 re-sorcs). At the end of the reset/round (or when there is only 1 person left) points and coins will be awarded as follows:

First Place = 6 points (1 coin)

Second Place = 5 points (2 coins)

Third Place = 4 points (3 coins)

Fouth Place = 3 points (4 coins)

Fifth Place = 2 points (5 coins)

Sixth place = 1 point (6 coins)

Points are obviously used to indicate who the winner is after each 4-week cycle. Coins are awarded along with points as shown above. Points can't be spent. Coins can be spent between rounds to buy useful items that will be stored in your own personal sorcerer chamber. You can decide when and how to use your purchases thoughout the whole reset. You'll be able to access it each time you die.Coins MUST be spent before each round so aim to arrive at around 18:55 if possible. Any unspent coins will be lost once each round officially starts! (That means you can never have more than 6 coins to spend at once.)

2 rounds will be held each week. So yes, you can spend the coins you won in the first round for second round in the same week.

After 4 weeks, the points are totalled up and the winner declared. Prizes will be distributed and everything is then reset for the next 4-week run of the league.

*Hiding is not tolerated and will be punished accordingly!

*If you arrive late, you will be allowed to join providing (1) no-one has died and/or (2) no more than 15 minutes have passed since the start of the event.

*If you QQ accidentally, you will be returned to the game on the same score, stamina and magic.

*If you flee and then immediately quit ("f o.qq" or "SUPERFLEE" for example) that will count as a death.

*There will be a few extra surprises in the land - in the shape of new or extra items!

The Sorcerer War League happens every Saturday at 7pm and 8pm!

Sorcerer War League Shop:

1 coin = a wafer

1 coin = a lucky item

1 coin = a basic weapon

2 coins = a mandrake

2 coins = a firestone

2 coins = a decent weapon

2 coins = a vial of invisibility

3 coins = a vial of (str, dex or real stam)

[ This Message was edited by: Heiach on 19-02-2011 22:48 ]

View Profile of Heiach   Email Heiach   Goto the website of Heiach          Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
kwee
cabalist

Posted: 08-02-2011 12:45   

[ This Message was edited by: kwee on 08-02-2011 12:45 ]

View Profile of kwee      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Miek
pioneer

Posted: 08-02-2011 14:17   
First place the last person standing or most kills?
*hopes the latter:)*

View Profile of Miek      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Heiach
Wizard

Posted: 08-02-2011 14:52   
At the moment it is (and always has been) last man standing. People shouldn't be able to hide in order to win, hiding people get teleported randomly!

View Profile of Heiach   Email Heiach   Goto the website of Heiach          Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Heiach
Wizard

Posted: 08-02-2011 15:04   
If people really want it to be done via kills then I'll do it that way. Rounds take pretty much 1 hour as it is anyway. So if I was to change it to kills, I'd say:

Infinite lives, most points in 60 mins - Go!
+2 kill points for a solo kill
+1 for being part of a team kill
-1 kill points for dying
Person with most kill points at the end of the event gets 6 league points, 2nd 5 points, 3rd 4 etc..

I'd not want to make such a swift change so soon before the next event, but if this idea gets a lot of backing, I may have to quickly re-write my scripts etc.. before Saturday, so let me know ASAP!

Would people still want/need their own personal chamber with this idea though?

[ This Message was edited by: Heiach on 08-02-2011 15:30 ]

Heiach
Wizard

Posted: 08-02-2011 15:36   
If we do *points up* that idea, I'll probably adjust the number of coins granted a little to make buying the items worth it.. seeing as you'd no longer have 3 lives, but more.

Miek
pioneer

Posted: 08-02-2011 22:10   
Nah last man standing is good =]

[ This Message was edited by: Miek on 08-02-2011 22:11 ]

View Profile of Miek      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
royston
ranger

Posted: 09-02-2011 10:17   
My vote is for 'last man standing'.

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Heiach
Wizard

Posted: 10-02-2011 16:24   
What?
*sighs*
Make up your minds.
*changes things back to "last man standing" again*

[ This Message was edited by: Heiach on 10-02-2011 16:24 ]

kwee
cabalist

Posted: 11-02-2011 01:16   
I like the last man standing part but it would also be nice to get recognition for the people you kill too.

Happy either way though.

Heiach
Wizard

Posted: 12-02-2011 15:15   
Hey guys,

Many apologies for the short-notice. As some of you know, I have been without internet for the last 3 or 4 weeks. This obviously makes running a regular event VERY hard. It's a miracle that I've been able to do it for as long as I have.

I should have my own internet back as of Monday/Tuesday I hope.

With much regret I have to announce that this week's Sorc War League will have to be cancelled.

If mortals and a wizard turn up, feel free to have a sorc war, quest or other event in by absence!
Might I recommend testing out how well kills/deaths counting works?

Hopefully the event will be back up and running next week!

Turrican
Arch-Wizard

Posted: 12-02-2011 16:40   
The event will proceed as normal, Sabretooth will be running it this week.

View Profile of Turrican      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Heiach
Wizard

Posted: 19-02-2011 21:20   
We had a fantastic turn-out for the first round of the new-rules sorcerer war! Thank you everyone!

The first round started with a blast. As it was the first game of the new season, I gave everyone 2 coins for free to spend! Everyone chose their items sensibly and off they all dashed into the land! After 1 hour the end results for the first round looked like this:

Round 1:

1st - Mrnasty (6)
2nd - Raziel (5)
3rd - Theferret (4)
4th - Whupped (3)
5th - Lordlucan (2)
6th - Kween (1)

Round 2 discovered Lordlucan arriving a little late, but just in time nonetheless! They all spent their coins and off they went! Theferret didn't arrive for the 2nd round and thus still has his 3 coins to spend the next time he plays (hopefully next week!). Here's how it turned out:

Round 2:

1st - Raziel (6)
2nd - Mrnasty (5)
3rd - Whupped (4)
4th - Kween (3)
5th - Lordlucan (2)

That means the scores after the first week look like this:

After 1 Week:

1st - Mrnasty (11 points)
1st - Raziel (11 points)
3rd - Whupped (7 points)
4th - Kween (4 points)
4th - Theferret (4 points)
4th - Lordlucan (4 points)

(Updated and scores corrected as I had literally 1 minute to do the maths with my battery threatening to die... again!)

That means at the start of the first round next week (or next time they play), everyone has the following coins to spend:

Coins!

Raziel = 1 coin
Mrnasty = 2 coins
Whupped = 3 coins
Theferret = 3 coins
Kween = 4 coins
Lordlucan = 5 coins

I hope to see everyone (and more) next week!

P.S Don't forget there are a lot of vials in the land during the event, they may not all appear when you WH VIAL. Try WHing the extra vials individually? E.G: WH VIAL35

There are up to 2 boats available at the start of the set, rather than just 1.

Some mobiles are removed.

Also the invisible sword is still around, I just move it each set.

The Pagoda area will almost certainly be open at some point during the sorcerer war league set.

[ This Message was edited by: Heiach on 19-02-2011 22:38 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Heiach on 19-02-2011 22:39 ]

Heiach
Wizard

Posted: 19-02-2011 21:21   
Sorry for the battery-fail everyone.

Heiach
Wizard

Posted: 28-02-2011 12:11   
Ok I has interwebs now. So I shouldn't randomly disappear at 8:30 when my battery dies. Could someone please tell me the results for the 2nd round last Saturday? Or shall we count last week as having only 1 round due to my issues?

royston
ranger

Posted: 28-02-2011 23:36   
Quote:

On 28-02-2011 12:11, Heiach wrote:
Ok I has interwebs now. So I shouldn't randomly disappear at 8:30 when my battery dies. Could someone please tell me the results for the 2nd round last Saturday? Or shall we count last week as having only 1 round due to my issues?

I think you should base it on what you yourself know. This may be the only response you get to this, if my own pleas to do something different once a month and my plea for a later start on a Saturday are anything to go by. Apathy stalks the Land.

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
kwee
cabalist

Posted: 01-03-2011 11:32   
I had to disappear (under threat of death from the missus) after the first round, so I'm afraid I can't help there!

I do know I came well and truly last in the first round after attempting to smack Raziel in the face but instead tripping myself up and headbutting a wall!

Turrican
Arch-Wizard

Posted: 01-03-2011 11:45   
Quote:

On 28-02-2011 12:11, Heiach wrote:
Could someone please tell me the results for the 2nd round last Saturday?

What do you want to know? there were no deaths after you left at 20:56.

Quote:

On 28-02-2011 23:36, royston wrote:
This may be the only response you get to this, if my own pleas to do something different once a month...

I think players are reluctant to exchange the predictable mobile bash (where they also usually gain points) with an unknown quest (where they will probably get hurt).

View Profile of Turrican      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
royston
ranger

Posted: 01-03-2011 12:45   
Quote:

On 01-03-2011 11:45, Turrican wrote:

I think players are reluctant to exchange the predictable mobile bash (where they also usually gain points) with an unknown quest (where they will probably get hurt).

Then why do they not say so? I am more than happy to go along with what the majority want. My point is that you get NO response to ideas on this forum.

Heiach
Wizard

Posted: 01-03-2011 13:33   
Ok here we go, week 2 is over and here's how everything went!

Round 1

1st=Raziel(6)
2nd=Whupped(5)
3rd=LordLucan(4)
4th=Kween(3)

Round 2

When I last saw the scores for this match, Theferret had 3 lives left and the other 2 had 2 left.. but we'll have to go by Round 1 only for this week I'm afraid.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
[New Topic]   [Reply]
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic

These forums may be read by anyone, but only registered mudII.co.uk
players may post. When posting, please refrain from behaviour
not tolerated in the game.

These forums are moderated.