[Edit Profile]  [Edit Your Preferences]  [Search]
[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
MUDII Forum Index » » General Chat » » Bash Report 24/02/2011+
Author Bash Report 24/02/2011+
royston
ranger

Posted: 25-02-2011 14:10   
BASH REPORT FOR THURSDAY 24TH FEBRUARY 2011

I dashed north at 9:00 pm and landed up at the Sundial. Gaia the Necromancer came and went. MrSorc the Sorcerer picked up the dagger just as I got to it. But I did manage to get the staff instead. There were 159 mobiles at the start meaning an average kill of approximately 3 per 2 minutes (or 1.5 per minute). This needed to be got down to 1 per minute if we had any chance of winning as the endplay can take longer than expected.

Quite early on we heard the mighty HAWUMPH of a dragon?s breath. This was Gaia kitting himself out on Dragon Island making yet another lucky escape. He later claimed the Dragon stole is wafer. I started off with the Goblins, going in through the waterfall, where I found G10 in the Guard Room with G11 and G12. This was not a lucky discovery and inevitably I fled. However picking up my kit and everything else on the way out, I managed to get back without any obstructive problems. But first we all met up in the Classical Ruin where Gaia, now a Sorcerer, did the business. Boris the Sorcerer was also present. Back in the Goblins? Lairs I worked my way steadily through them. When there were 150 mobiles left there was only 86 minutes left of play. This meant the killing rate had dropped from the average needed of 1.5 per minute to 1.75 (approx.). Raistlin the Warrior was also now showing among the players. After The Goblins were all dead, taking a precaution against rat bites with me, I went to the Cellar and the Coal Bunker and found they were both completely empty.

I thought I would leave the Watersnakes for once, hoping the Warrior would go after them and went up to the Dwarfen Realm. I flooded the mine, with due warning I might add, and started in on the dwarfs. We were soon at 75 mobiles left and 68 minutes to go. (Just about 1.1 per minute). Things were looking up. But there was now no mention of Raistlin among the Dramatis Personae. He had gone. Gaia asked for help with the Gargoyles and I interrupted my decimation of the dwarfs to go and aid him in his task. That done I returned, leaving Gaia to complete the Keep on his own.

I found Boris on scene and together we dispatched all the ?run of the mill? dwarfs. I had some much needed sleep and after a tentative search I found all the ?more difficult? ones had been killed in the meantime. The Guards, the King and the Queen had all been dealt with. I don?t know if this was Boris on his own (I found myself in a lot of trouble in just this situation last week) or if he had help. Either way the speed with which it was executed was impressive.

There was nothing for it now. I had to tackle the Watersnakes. This should be a matter of pure routine, which it was. While I was on this, the others did the Icons, thereby killing the difficult Golem. Boris joined me for a couple of the Watersnakes.

Up on the North Mountain, I found the Snow Leopard with the Pony in his field. I got both of them and the Snowbird but there was neither Lynx nor Marmot to be found.

We were now just about at the stage when we wonder what was left. At 15 mobiles alive we still had 34 minutes of time. It was looking really good. Now Macheath the Necromancer was showing up on the list of players. Soon it was 10 in 29 minutes. For once the end was going quicker than the start. Then very quickly 9 left: two Sharks, the Jellyfish, a Skeleton, the Spider and five others. Someone shouted that they were on the Stag, so that was one of the others. With just a bit of reckless abandon I went after the Spider who was in the ruin. There was also a load of kit there including the Broadsword, Gaia?s favourite weapon. The spider proved remarkably easy and only bit me towards the end of its existence. In fact it was dead before the poison began to take its effect. I am sure it had been weakened already by Gaia. Now I hate doing the Sealife and luckily Gaia came and gave me a hand. After the kill I returned to the mainland. One shark was enough. I started to go through my list of mobiles and the Man showed up as being in the Road Opposite the Cottage. Someone else shouted that they were on the Piglet. The Man turned out to be the last one and it was all over with 16 minutes left.

Afterwards, we all agreed we were pleased the Giants? didn?t open. But then neither did the Pagoda. This was strange after last week when we decided that the Giants? clicked in at about four players. At times there were five on. Noticeably absent this week was Cenedra. We missed you.

[ This Message was edited by: royston on 25-02-2011 14:15 ]

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Magician
cleric

Posted: 27-02-2011 19:37   
Great write up again, Royston. I know you don't get a lot of comments or praise for them, but be assured I make a point of reading them every week without fail, as I'm sure many others do.

Keep up the good work

Kingcobra

View Profile of Magician   Email Magician      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
kwee
cabalist

Posted: 27-02-2011 23:29   
Quote:

On 27-02-2011 19:37, Magician wrote:
Great write up again, Royston. I know you don't get a lot of comments or praise for them, but be assured I make a point of reading them every week without fail, as I'm sure many others do.

Keep up the good work

Kingcobra

^^ This

Unfortunately I couldn't make this one, but I shall be there at the next!

View Profile of kwee      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
royston
ranger

Posted: 28-02-2011 09:30   
Quote:

On 27-02-2011 19:37, Magician wrote:

Keep up the good work

Kingcobra

Thank you for those kind remarks. I value all comments good and bad.

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Crazyfool
Wizard

Posted: 28-02-2011 18:31   
I think you should grow a beard.

View Profile of Crazyfool      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Vulnax
explorer

Posted: 28-02-2011 18:40   
Keep thm coming Royston, those of us who don't play like to read them, just like a fantasy novel!

View Profile of Vulnax   Goto the website of Vulnax        Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
blib
explorer

Posted: 28-02-2011 19:07   
I agree.

Your bash reports are really excellent, Royston.

Truly outstanding stuff.

View Profile of blib   Email blib      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
royston
ranger

Posted: 28-02-2011 23:29   
Quote:

On 28-02-2011 18:31, Crazyfool wrote:
I think you should grow a beard.

I already got one. What do I want with two?

[New Topic]   [Reply]
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic

These forums may be read by anyone, but only registered mudII.co.uk
players may post. When posting, please refrain from behaviour
not tolerated in the game.

These forums are moderated.