[New Topic]   [Reply]
[Edit Profile]  [Edit Your Preferences]  [Search]
[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
MUDII Forum Index » » General Chat » » Bash Report 17/03/2011-
Author Bash Report 17/03/2011-
royston
ranger

Posted: 18-03-2011 11:18   
BASH REPORT FOR THURSDAY 17TH MARCH 2011.

At the risk of boring you, I had serious computer troubles last night. I know I have said before that I have yet to work out how to save a log of the game using my new desktop which runs on Windows 7 and I have been borrowing my wife?s lap top, running Windows XP for Bash Nights so that I do have a log to consult when writing these reports. But about a third through the game the laptop?s monitor suddenly went into a display of a random and brightly coloured mosaic pattern and I resorted to my desk top for the remainder of the game.

This morning the laptop seems to have recovered, except that when I tried to open the bit of a log I had for last night?s game I got a blank screen. And it?s the same for all previous logs. I am not happy but let?s get on with it because the set was eventful.

There were just two of us at the start but a number of players joined in as we went along. Sabretooth was the duty Wiz for the game. I always reckon that you should beware Wizzes bearing gifts. I found after a short while that I had been the recipient of the machete and the hockey mask. The machete is a good weapon but as I later found out the Shortsword was a better one. Nevertheless the machete was gratefully received at the beginning of the set. I have no idea of the purpose of the hockey mask, anymore than I have that of the cape, but I was sure it was protective in some way and the obvious thing to do was wear it. Killing the dragon promoted me to Necromancer, which I admit surprised me.

But a bit later on I was even more surprised when I came across a mobile which was the ghost of an ape. It wasted no time at all in attacking me and, when I was at about 25 stam and about to have a drink to recover, it felled me in a single blow and I was back to novice. It transpired this mobile had been created by a Wiz (not Sabretooth) and the kit provided for me by the said Sabretooth consisted of neither a strong enough weapon nor a powerful enough protective mask to overcome this newly created mobile. So as I say, beware Wizzes bearing gifts.

To be absolutely fair about it, I was quickly doted up to Swordsman, which was reasonable then a bit later, the Wiz, in question, apologised and between the two of them I was soon bumped back up to Guardian. Then I luckily survived the Touchstone which got me back to Necro.

When things go wrong and you do not understand why, you are often tempted to claim ?Wiz interference?. But this was the first time I have come across a genuine example. And whatever happened it was put right. In fact I am not so sure I did not end up with a higher score at the end. So I am far from complaining. I was treated very fairly and with complete honesty.

The Bash progressed along normal lines until almost at the end there were just two mobiles left: the phoenix and the mongoose. Both of these can be found upstairs in the Pagoda. This is one of the two places I have not the slightest idea of reaching. (The other is the Alpine Cottage through the Blizzard). The trouble was, neither had anyone else. Eventually one of the players was transported there by a Wiz. He dealt with the mongoose and was in the course of fighting the phoenix when the set came to an end. So we lost just as the last mobile was being fought. It could not have been closer.

[ This Message was edited by: royston on 18-03-2011 11:23 ]

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
blib
explorer

Posted: 18-03-2011 19:51   
I had a lovely chat with Sabretooth. I did not keep a log of the conversation.

Then, I shouted a bit.

View Profile of blib   Email blib      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
royston
ranger

Posted: 19-03-2011 23:53   
Thank you Blib. It's always good to hear how other players got on.

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
blib
explorer

Posted: 21-03-2011 12:08   
Do you see how I keep my reports short and succinct, Royston?

You could learn alot from me.

blib
explorer

Posted: 21-03-2011 12:08   

[ This Message was edited by: blib on 21-03-2011 12:09 ]

[New Topic]   [Reply]
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic

These forums may be read by anyone, but only registered mudII.co.uk
players may post. When posting, please refrain from behaviour
not tolerated in the game.

These forums are moderated.