[Edit Profile]  [Edit Your Preferences]  [Search]
[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
MUDII Forum Index » » General Chat » » Bash Report 28/04/2011-
Author Bash Report 28/04/2011-
royston
ranger

Posted: 01-05-2011 14:40   
BASH REPORT THURSDAY 28th APRIL 2011

We started dead on nine o?clock with Crazyfool officiating. No sooner had I landed there was the terrifying noise of a rock splitting as the Giants? opened up. As I was kitting myself up I was blocked by the Ox and the Ram who was in the same location decided to attack me. As I retaliated I somehow attacked the dragonfly also in the same room. Then the Thief appeared. Genesis the Swordsman came and went. I decided not to flee at 29 and let it drop to 15 but by the time I had actually bashed in the command my stam was down to 4 and I just got out of it.

Back in the game I stammed back up. It is difficult to know what to attempt when a Swordsman with only a real stamina of 87. I found the ram again and took my revenge. That made me feel a whole lot better. I went after the Watersnakes. Suddenly, my line dropped and on the way back in I found myself, much to my surprise, in possession of a two-handed sword. This made the whole job a lot easier. Thank you Crazyfool. At the end I picked up the Longsword. I then dropped my weapons and the picked up the best one just to see which one it was. Surprisingly it was not the Longsword. I dropped the Longsword and the Falchion in the Hut. I personally regard anything left in the Hut as being available for whoever wants it. Other stuff lying around I look upon as having been accidentally dropped possibly after a flee and still wanted by the loser. That does not mean I will not snatch it if I could really use it. I attacked the Thief and fled on 17 stam.

Just as I recovered from this, someone shouted for help with the Keep. Genesis was there. With a coracle full of gear. She was also armed with the Broadsword, which told me she had already visited the Island, and was wearing the cape, which also told she had been to the Evil Wood and had probably dealt with the Vampire and the Wraith. I still do not know the advantage of wearing the cape but experienced players seem to do so often, so I assume there must be a good reason. Whenever I have worn it I found that I was continuously being blinded and crippled. Anyway back to the plot. I helped Genesis defeat the Griffin and then while I slept, she did the rest leaving me with the Treasure, which was kindness itself.

I dropped the valetant off in the hut. I bumped into the Thief at the rapids who lost no time in attacking me, remembering no doubt that I had previously attacked him. I hit my function key to ?k mo f best wp?. This usually works as well as ?use wp?. I wasn?t strong enough to weild the sword and dropped everything else I was carrying and hit the function key again. But for the second time this game I found myself attacking a second mobile which happened to be there. (this time SK1). I realised that I had no chance with two such powerful mobiles and shouted for help. Genesis came to my aid very quickly. I stayed as long as I could eventually fleeing on just 8 stam. I picked up everything as I went out including Genesis? coracle. I recovered my full stamina, before dropping off the coracle in the hut and swamping the Keep treasure. All without incident.

I always reckon whoever does the Wartesnakes should carry on and do the mobiles on the North Mountain. It seems to me a natural progression. However it can be difficult getting off the mountain if you are not a magic user. Having now come across the means off getting off safely, I went after the Pony and the Snowbird. I had to drag Mcsorc the Necromancer out of the Tearoom to check on any remaining mobiles still on the mountain. He confirmed one, which I went after and dispatched without any problem, though a ?cripple? command would have helped.

Next I stupidly (I had a map open in front of me) I went in the wrong direction, slipped and fell off the mountain dying a silly death. I recovered from all that. Genesis told me to help myself to all the Dwarves? treasure. I did so gratefully, assuming rightly, that all the dwarves were dead but it was not without incident. I managed to swamp all the stuff from the Treasure Chamber but had difficulty with the throne. I could not get through the Tight Passage carrying it. I did succeed in throwing it west from the Entrance to the Dwarven Realm into the Tight Passage but then found I had blocked it and could not get in there myself. Luckily I did know another way out so I was not struck there for the duration.

After a bit of aimless wandering around, I realised that the spider was still alive. Even though I have found a pretty fool-proof way of getting her out of her lair, I still find it a bit scary. But in the end I finished her off and still had a stamina level of 26.

Someone shouted there was a mole in the tunnel. I found the right map and gingerly made my way through till I came upon it, dealing with a zombie on the way. Again I missed not having the ?cripple? command. But after a while I succeeded in killing it.. There was a lot more aimless wandering when I remembered the snugglepuss and sure enough it was still alive.

I went through the maze as far as the tonnb room without seeing any mobiles, looked for the mouse in the Inn without success. Someone shouted that they had found a pair of tongs and I guessed they were in the Giants? Realm. They confirmed this and shouted that although the Giants had been taken out of the game the goblins were very much in evidence.

In the Giants ? the first creature I came across was the Bull who lost no time in going for me. I fled from the Bull on a stamina of 24 (sensible for once). We were now down to 25 mobiles left. Next I came across a Goblin followed by a Drake.

Now in extra time I came across another Goblin. On the way to the swamp with some treasure I had picked up on the way, I went in the wrong direction and found Genesis the Sorcerer and Malefactor the Sorcerer having a stand-up battle in the hut. It was Malefactor who ended up killed.

Lastly we did the Icons. I don?t know who the third player was but Genesis gave me all the icons to swamp.

That was it; with 38 seconds to the reset there were just 6 mobiles left. I have no idea which ones they were. And that is how it ended.

[ This Message was edited by: royston on 01-05-2011 14:51 ]

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
royston
ranger

Posted: 01-05-2011 15:51   
I should add that I will be away this week. I will be beside the seaside beside the sea for a few days. You will have to manage without me. I look forward to reading a bash report written by someone else.

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Turrican
Arch-Wizard

Posted: 01-05-2011 19:29   
Quote:

On 01-05-2011 14:40, royston wrote:
After a bit of aimless wandering around, I realised that the spider was still alive. Even though I have found a pretty fool-proof way of getting her out of her lair, I still find it a bit scary.

International rescue?

View Profile of Turrican      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
blib
explorer

Posted: 03-05-2011 20:27   
Thanks Royston. One of your very best reports.

I did notice a spelling mistake, though.

Enjoy the seaside.

View Profile of blib   Email blib      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
royston
ranger

Posted: 04-05-2011 08:16   
Quote:

On 03-05-2011 20:27, blib wrote:
Thanks Royston. One of your very best reports.

I did notice a spelling mistake, though.

Enjoy the seaside.

I noticed it too. But I couldn't find when I went back to look for it.

I hope you are feeling better soon.

royston
ranger

Posted: 04-05-2011 08:30   
It's tonnb room instead of tomb init? I found it now but I cannot correct it on this mobile phone. It will have to wait till we get home.

Having a great few days in Morecambe

Magician
cleric

Posted: 04-05-2011 21:27   
Hey Roy, you should have popped in, you must have passed my front door! Check out the Midland Hotel while you are there, I was involved with some design work there!

View Profile of Magician   Email Magician      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Magician
cleric

Posted: 04-05-2011 21:29   
If you are heading back down south on Saturday give me a wave, I will watch out for you from Haydock Race Course!

View Profile of Magician   Email Magician      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
royston
ranger

Posted: 04-05-2011 22:12   
It was a choice of a week in a posh hotel or two weeks in a not-so-posh one. We settled for three days at The Midland. Wonderful sums it up.

We go back on Friday by train.

[ This Message was edited by: royston on 04-05-2011 22:13 ]

[New Topic]   [Reply]
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic

These forums may be read by anyone, but only registered mudII.co.uk
players may post. When posting, please refrain from behaviour
not tolerated in the game.

These forums are moderated.