[Edit Profile]  [Edit Your Preferences]  [Search]
[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
MUDII Forum Index » » General Chat » » Bash Report 19/05/2011-
Author Bash Report 19/05/2011-
royston
ranger

Posted: 20-05-2011 12:12   
BASH REPORT FOR THURSDAY 19TH MAY 2011.

I am going to start off with something that wasn?t part of the Bash. This is something that happened to me a while back which serves as a lesson to us all as how easy it is for the game to ?misunderstand?. I had only just gone North obviously not at the beginning of a set, when I was attacked by the billy goat. In this situation it is best to get a weapon. Anything will do.

Narrow road between lands.
It is raining. A mean-looking billy goat here scowls at you, disapprovingly.
There is a potty here.
*The billy goat is moving towards you angrily.
*w
You can't just leave in the middle of a fight! You have to flee!
*The billy goat misses you.
You hit the billy goat (1-4).
The billy goat looks fit.
*i
You are carrying the following:
nothing.
*ql
Narrow road between lands.
It is raining. A mean-looking billy goat here scowls at you, disapprovingly.
There is a potty here.
You miss the billy goat.
*g potty
Potty taken.
*use potty
Apart from the fact that you're in the middle of a fight, your bladder is
empty anyway...
*The billy goat hits you (83/100).
You hit the billy goat (5-9).
The billy goat looks superficially injured.
*k goat wi potty
You are now using the potty to fight!

Enough of that! The bash started on the dot of 9:00pm. There were at least four of us who went north into the Land. Pinguis the Heroine, two necromancers Crixas and Treehugger and me at Sorcerer level. It was raining. I wanted to start off the Goblins which is easier to get to if you have the pointers. Of course if you grab the pointers, you are morally obliged to set up the pillar and I was prepared to do this. I found one of them in the Meeting Room. In the ?certain? knowledge no one would find it, I hid it in the maze and went after the second. I usually use the first one to get to the second but for some reason that I cannot explain, did it the long way. The second one was in the Attic on the wrong side of a door. I could have opened the door and closed it after, me reached the second pointer and re-sited back to where I had hidden the first. That is what I have done in the past but instead, and again who knows why, I set fire to the door in question and re-sited in order to get the first one, only to find it not there. I quickly established that Crixas had both!

So I hunted around a bit for the right kit and went into the Goblins through the Waterfall. I had hardly got stuck in when there was a general shout to go to the Classical Ruin. I shouted that I was stuck for the time being but they waited for me and I made it in time. I went back and finished off the goblins in spectacular style.

Next came the rats starting with r0 and then the rest four at a time. Crixas came in and lent a hand.

I had no intention of visiting the dragon. A sort of sixth sense told me that I was due for an attack from it and I left all that to Crixas. Instead It was my old friends the Watersnakes who received the benefit of my interest. A roar from the dragon showed that Crixas had done it and I also noticed another necromancer in the game: Mrsorc.

Someone shouted ?flooding?. No one shouted ?glug, glug?. This told me someone was going to see about the dwarfs.

After a couple of the snakes I realised that I had killed goblins, rats and now reptiles and perhaps I should consider completing Task no. 4. I established that there was a zombie in the study and thought I had better waste no time in getting there. When I did get there the zombie was no where to be found. I established there was just one left in the West Tomb. It may as well have been in Timbuktu. I only know two of the riddles on the tombs and this was not one of them. I went back to the snakes and finished them off without incident.

I had a bit of trouble on the North Mountain. Both the Pony and the Snowbird went according to plan as did the marmot but getting off did not. Again looking at the log I cannot understand why I did not re-site from where I was, I think maybe I wanted to stam up first. In any event I went the wrong way and suffered a silly death. Now I had been chasing the marmot as it fled and my last direction had been NE. So I went SW. So far so good. I am inordinately proud of my maps and have gone up and down the Rocky Scramble a few times with their aid. However there are two SW/NE directions and after going SW the next direction is N on one and S on the other. I put myself in the wrong room on the map. Senseless error - I should have checked my exits.

I am sure I am giving nothing away when I tell you that the way to test if a particular mobile is in the Land is to use the spell ?where?. But it does not seem to work all the time. I have come to the conclusion that where there are several of the same type of mobile you have to specify. For example if you are seeking a skeleton ?wh sk? will only do a search on sk0 and to be sure you have to do each in turn ?wh sk0?, ?wh sk1?, ?wh sk2? etc. But I am sure there is only one lynx. And it should have shown up on ?wh lynx?. But it didn?t. I have it here in front of me in the log: ?Your spell does not find any?. I had to go for it much later in the game when it came up as a ?fyi?. You may possibly think that it was put there later by a Wiz but I personally would never suggest such a thing.

I went back in, went after my kit only to find I could not re-site as I had omitted to chose a site on the way in. I quitted. Second attempt I got it right. On my way through in the Huge Cavern there was the terrifying sound of a rock splitting as the Giants? opened up. I had not even realised that the pagoda was open. (That always seems to open first). A ?qw? showed the last player in was another Sorcerer, Deaddog.

I had a lot of trouble with the Man but got him in the end after a lot of chasing around. I wore his ring but left the watch. There was no sign of the Boar or Stag or goat but the ram was in Riverside Meadow.

You will notice that I have been keeping clear of any mobile that could be described in any way as dangerous, leaving all that to Crixas. I had a slight twinge of conscience had had the idea of going after the Spider but I needed one item of kit before I made the attempt. I came across Deaddog fighting the Hunchback - a formidable opponent. Deaddog had the falchion; the Hunchback an axe. It looked as though Deaddog was getting the worst of it. After a while Deaddog had to flee. I was on 50 stam and the HB was critical. After a bit Crixas appeared and joined in. And after a bit longer of chasing around he finished him on his own.

Meanwhile I got the bit of kit and after taking it as a precaution, got the Spider out of its Lair into the Ruin. It bit me three times. Taking precautions is all very well, but my stam dropped from 100 to 49. Two more and it was 22. Desperate now, I tried something that usually worked irl, I tried to ignite it. But the magic bounced back and I fled finally on a stam of just 11.

Back on full stamina of 100 I went back after the Spider. I bit me twice before I realised that the effect of my precautions had worn off. That silly death cost me over 1.1K points.

I had just finished sorting out an ape, when Crixas died. He died as a Guardian at the touchstone. At some stage he must have lost his magic powers and was now back to Novice.

Third attempt on the Spider coming up. This time I got it with a score of 265 making up some, at least, of that which I had lost.

I next came across a bunch of apes and went through them one by one. Some of them Attacked me when I was fighting and in the end I fled. I lost only 70 points taking into account the points I gained. But it is no way to carry on.

There were six failed fods (Finger of Death spell). I think in an attempt to deal with the Giant Snake. Every time it woke me up and realising that there were 37 mobiles left to kill in only 1 minute including 2 Giants, I finally quitted.

For the whole set I gained exactly 219 points. That?s better than coming out with a loss and a whole lot better than getting killed. And it was a highly enjoyable game.

[ This Message was edited by: royston on 20-05-2011 12:27 ]

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Seifer
Wizard

Posted: 20-05-2011 15:14   
great report roy, hopefully next time we can do a little better

View Profile of Seifer      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
royston
ranger

Posted: 20-05-2011 16:36   
Quote:

On 20-05-2011 15:14, itsgaia wrote:
great report roy, hopefully next time we can do a little better

It's eleven weeks since a win. Count the minus signs after the date.

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Turrican
Arch-Wizard

Posted: 22-05-2011 20:17   
Quote:

On 20-05-2011 16:36, royston wrote:
It's eleven weeks since a win. Count the minus signs after the date.

I've changed giants settings back btw.

View Profile of Turrican      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Seifer
Wizard

Posted: 23-05-2011 18:50   
just out of interest how many people will it take to open the giants now? and surely if its too many it will never open

View Profile of Seifer      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Turrican
Arch-Wizard

Posted: 24-05-2011 19:16   
Quote:

On 20-05-2011 12:12, royston wrote:
*use potty
Apart from the fact that you're in the middle of a fight, your bladder is
empty anyway...

This also occurs with use key, RETaliate <obj> works though.

Quote:

But I am sure there is only one lynx. And it should have shown up on ?wh lynx?. But it didn?t. I have it here in front of me in the log: ?Your spell does not find any?. I had to go for it much later in the game when it came up as a ?fyi?. You may possibly think that it was put there later by a Wiz but I personally would never suggest such a thing.

Some mobiles are added randomly when players enter the game.

Quote:

On 23-05-2011 18:50, itsgaia wrote:
just out of interest how many people will it take to open the giants now? and surely if its too many it will never open

It's random, large number +/- small random number. Recently I changed it to a smaller number +/- larger random number after some grumbling about never seeing giants, but now it's back as it was.

View Profile of Turrican      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
[New Topic]   [Reply]
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic

These forums may be read by anyone, but only registered mudII.co.uk
players may post. When posting, please refrain from behaviour
not tolerated in the game.

These forums are moderated.