[Edit Profile]  [Edit Your Preferences]  [Search]
[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
MUDII Forum Index » » General Chat » » Bash Report 09/06/2011-
Author Bash Report 09/06/2011-
royston
ranger

Posted: 10-06-2011 11:56   
BASH REPORT FOR THURSDAY 9TH JUNE 2011

I started off as a Sorcerer with a maximum stamina of 120 and five tasks completed. I finished up as a Swordsman, having dropped a few points from Hero right at the end. To some people this would have been a piggin? disaster but to me it?s a normal progression when I tackle the Dragon.

Ellanna the Soceress was there right from the start and we were soon joined by Bangbang the Superheroine. With just three players this was not going to be a walk-over.

Both the Goblins and the Rats went like a charm but as usual my difficulties were with the Dragon. First I drowned at sea simply by leaving out one direction from the jetty in my one-line command. The second time I got to the Island but I tripped on a root, slipping into the wrong room, just as I was about the business and so attempted to do it in a room with no dragon. The 'quick' escape worked and I was now back on the mainland but with all the kit, including a boat. The third time the Dragon attacked me on sight despite me doing everything right for once and it hawumphed me on my flee killing me dead-dead.

I logged back in as a Novice and went north as Protector (the way you do). I came across Elanna battling the Viper. I felt I should join in but it would have been suicidal without a weapon and without the means of protection against snake bites. I am sorry. I left her to it. I don?t think she was happy.

I came across Bangbang who gave me some treasure to swamp, just to get me started and she suggested I went to the Spring. I am a great fan of the Spring to get you going, particularly if you can use the ?auto? command and get a cup of coffee in real life. But I had better ideas. I was going after the dragon at Protector level. There are several advantages here: you have hardly anything to lose by being killed and you stand to gain enough points to get you up several levels (almost enough to reach 100 real stamina). The disadvantage is that the kit required is all on the Island and without the stuff in your hand you can expect no co-operation from the Dragon. The real problem was finding a boat. It took considerable searching (as a non-magic-user) to find one.

I drowned at sea again. This time I got the directions right but started off from the Stony Beach instead of the Jetty. Back in the land, I again searched for a boat for ages and this time got to the Island without mishap. Looking for the kit on the Island I checked that the Dragon was NE and went N. But she moved W just as I did so and was on to me. I fled at once, of course, but she hawumphed and again killed me dead-dead on the way out.

There were now three boats on the Island but luckily the dinghy re-appeared at the Peninsula and I passed the raft in the Forest near Mountains. I might need to remember that so I wrote it down on a piece of paper I keep next to the keyboard.

I had now lost count of the number of times I had gone for the Dragon but this was to be the last time. I got the kit and successfully dealt with her. But I did not have the means of getting off the Island quickly in my hand. This was time to panic! I found what I was looking for up two rooms away and, picking up the Broadsword at the same time, I was back in The Maze on the Main Land in a flash.

I found the Hedgehog and killed it for just four points. I realised as soon as I had done it I should have run it a bit to increase its value. After all I was just waiting for the Dragon to die. When It did so, I got 1,950 points plus 100 for the task and a Swordsman in one fell swoop.

I killed various mobiles and I wandered about the place, reducing their number effectively by killing all the Bees. I did my usual trick of writing the numbers 0-9 on my piece of paper and crossing them off as they met their demise. With them all dead it only showed four on ?obit me?.

In the Squirrel part of Forest I found a Ruby2 which I swamped of course, for 101 points, breaking my own rule about not wasting time collecting treasure.

The Keep had yet to be done, so I dealt with the Wyvern being careful not to muddle his stuff up with that needed for the Wolf (I had them both in my hand). The wolf is immediate; the wyvern not so and you get no points for the Wyvern if you do not kill him in a fight, it seems.

I did some considerable wandering about looking for Axe0. Together with Bangbang I killed the coot. It was lucky to have survived that long. Bangbang tried to persuade me to go after the Skeleton. There had been lots of shouting regarding it. But I wanted to go after the Wolf instead. I searched high and low for Axe0 and suddenly remembered Axe1. After picking it up from where I thought it would be, the Wolf was easy and I went up a level to Hero.

Foolishly with only three minutes left I tackled Banbang?s difficult skeleton. I need not have done but the challenge was there. Not only do skeletons have remarkable powers of recovery, but this one also had a wafer, which I had not noticed. I eventually fled, of course and dropped back to Swordsman.

I am not sure how many were left at the end. But the Keep had not been done, nor the sealife, nor the Basilisk and I am sure the Spider and the Golem also had not been tackled.

Was it a good Bash? Well I enjoyed it anyway. A few more players would have made it even better though. I have a week to get back up to Sorcerer. It could take that long!

[ This Message was edited by: royston on 10-06-2011 12:34 ]

[ This Message was edited by: royston on 11-06-2011 10:11 ]

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Vulnax
explorer

Posted: 10-06-2011 17:50   
Ohhh no, not another debate about the sex of the dragon!

It's a SHE , ok !!!!

I had now lost count of the number of times I had gone for the Dragon but this was to be the last time. I got the kit and successfully dealt with him (or is it ?her??).

View Profile of Vulnax   Goto the website of Vulnax        Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
blib
explorer

Posted: 10-06-2011 18:02   
There's a dragon?

View Profile of blib   Email blib      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
royston
ranger

Posted: 11-06-2011 08:29   
Quote:

On 10-06-2011 17:50, Vulnax wrote:

It's a SHE , ok !!!!

If it makes everyone happy I will edit the piece later on this morning.

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
royston
ranger

Posted: 11-06-2011 10:15   
Done.

[New Topic]   [Reply]
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic

These forums may be read by anyone, but only registered mudII.co.uk
players may post. When posting, please refrain from behaviour
not tolerated in the game.

These forums are moderated.