[New Topic]   [Reply]
[Edit Profile]  [Edit Your Preferences]  [Search]
[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
MUDII Forum Index » » General Chat » » Trouble at t'mill
Author Trouble at t'mill
royston
ranger

Posted: 14-06-2011 21:05   
The justification in a Wiz removing the pillar in order to 'test' a Mage may be a moot point.

But to laugh at the Player after defeating him in a fight and reducing him to Novice, in the guise of a Wizmort, detracts from the dignity of the office.

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Vulnax
explorer

Posted: 14-06-2011 21:16   
We want logs!!!

Who, where, when... all the gory details !

View Profile of Vulnax   Goto the website of Vulnax        Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Turrican
Arch-Wizard

Posted: 14-06-2011 22:31   
Quote:

On 14-06-2011 21:05, royston wrote:
The justification in a Wiz removing the pillar in order to 'test' a Mage may be a moot point.

Some non-essential but popular items used to be automatically randomly removed, this was turned off when the numbers playing shot up after the game went free.

[ This Message was edited by: turrican on 14-06-2011 23:11 ]

View Profile of Turrican      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
royston
ranger

Posted: 15-06-2011 21:00   
It seems I got some of the details of what I said above muddled. What actually happened was that the Wiz (as a Wizmort) and a Mage were engaged in a fight when the Mage appeared to flee and quit. In fact he claims (and I believe him from the number of times it happened to me recently) that his line dropped. The Wiz them mocked the player for qq'ing during combat. Personally I cannot see what is wrong with fleeing and qq'ing when things get tough. The Superflee command is removed at Warlock level. If it is so bad to flee at Mage level, why is the command not removed?

I do not know who the Wiz was and the mortal player wishes to remain incognito but he certainly was an ex-mage when I saw him afterwards hence my assumption that he had been killed in a fight.

I hope I have it right this time. It's being mocked that's the problem but I have only heard this tale from one side.

[ This Message was edited by: royston on 15-06-2011 21:02 ]

[ This Message was edited by: royston on 15-06-2011 21:04 ]

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Vulnax
explorer

Posted: 15-06-2011 21:57   
I'd have to look it up, or maybe Turrican will know, but if you drop line in a fight you die dead dead?

That was to stop people unplugging modems if they looked like losing a fight! Back in the day tho' ...

I know if the PC / client crashes the personae persists in the Land until cleaned up automatically or removed by themanagement, and that persistant personae ( you know, when you re-log on and it says this personae is in use do you want to terminate sesion ) seems to be safe from actions by players or mobiles.

I think?

View Profile of Vulnax   Goto the website of Vulnax        Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Turrican
Arch-Wizard

Posted: 15-06-2011 22:29   
Quote:

On 15-06-2011 21:00, royston wrote:

Since arches don't drop people in it by posting logs (and if they did the mortal could claim that wasn't what happened) you'll never know. I've seen players misrepresent events in past though, in what appears to be attempt to make wizzes look bad.

Turrican
Arch-Wizard

Posted: 15-06-2011 22:49   
Quote:

On 15-06-2011 21:57, Vulnax wrote:
I'd have to look it up, or maybe Turrican will know, but if you drop line in a fight you die dead dead?

A forced superflee by disconnecting at warlock and above takes a bit of stamina (dragon gets a shot at you too if you're fighting it), which can kill you.

Quote:

I know if the PC / client crashes the personae persists in the Land until cleaned up automatically or removed by themanagement, and that persistant personae ( you know, when you re-log on and it says this personae is in use do you want to terminate sesion ) seems to be safe from actions by players or mobiles.

Until you are out of the game (or a wiz moves you) you are not safe.

Crazyfool
Wizard

Posted: 16-06-2011 11:29   
I miss all the fun it seems.

View Profile of Crazyfool      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Vulnax
explorer

Posted: 16-06-2011 18:23   
Cheers Turrican!

Get on the game CF !

V

[New Topic]   [Reply]
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic

These forums may be read by anyone, but only registered mudII.co.uk
players may post. When posting, please refrain from behaviour
not tolerated in the game.

These forums are moderated.