[New Topic]   [Reply]
[Edit Profile]  [Edit Your Preferences]  [Search]
[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
MUDII Forum Index » » General Chat » » Bash Report 23/06/2011+
Author Bash Report 23/06/2011+
royston
ranger

Posted: 25-06-2011 11:49   
Saturday morning and still no Bash Report out. It's a disgrace!

Those of you who follow my ramblings will be aware that in order to save a log using the Clio client I need to play the game on my laptop (Windows XP) and abandon my desktop (Windows7). I have no idea why this is so.

Well, last night about two-thirds through the game, the laptop decided, all on its own, to go into hibernation. I have no record of the last third. I have been waiting, more in hope than expectation that an Arch-Wiz would send me a copy of my log so I could get on with it. But very understandably he has much better ways of spending his time.

There is some good news, I have installed a different client on my desktop which does record a log. It took me some time to realise that it saves it to the desktop. I am not sure of its name but it is the one to be found on this forum below.

Not so good for me, is that I cannot set up macros to run on the function keys. But I like this client and I will just have to get used to not using macros. I know some of you are a bit snooty about using macros but I have come to depend on them. I doubt if my game will improve much.

I will try and get the report out later today.

[ This Message was edited by: royston on 25-06-2011 12:08 ]

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
royston
ranger

Posted: 25-06-2011 13:17   
I found out what the trouble was now. The mains adaptor packed up and I ran the battery down. That means I cannot access the bit of log I do have. The laptop has gone where it belongs, back in a cardboard box in the garage for future generations to find.

So this will be from memory and not very reliable.......

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
royston
ranger

Posted: 25-06-2011 13:32   
We started off dead on time with a Wiz reset. You may remember that last week I died dead-dead during the bash and expressed the view that it could take me a week to get back to Sorcerer. Well I made it once during the week but got myself hawumphed by the dragon (usual trouble - essential item still in the bag and not in my hand). I made it to Superhero twice but now I was playing at Hero level. There was a Warlock on who stayed invisible as much as he could and who did all the work. He was the one who should have been elected Bash-General ; not me. It?s very difficult to bash when not a magic-user and just about impossible to organise stuff in the capacity of Bash-General.

The Bash progressed well and the rest of us non-magic-users did our best. I can remember doing the Spider and the Skeleton from the Fossil Room (I can never remember if it is ?sk0? or ?sk1?). That somewhat surprised me. Maybe it is easier to tackle one when not an MU.

The last mobile was the Golem which I understand was more troublesome than usual and we made it with just a few minutes to spare.

All in all an excellent Bash.

[New Topic]   [Reply]
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic

These forums may be read by anyone, but only registered mudII.co.uk
players may post. When posting, please refrain from behaviour
not tolerated in the game.

These forums are moderated.