[New Topic]   [Reply]
[Edit Profile]  [Edit Your Preferences]  [Search]
[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
MUDII Forum Index » » General Chat » » Reverence, DCLXVI?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Author Reverence, DCLXVI?
Crazyfool
Wizard

Posted: 27-06-2023 11:43   
Quote:

On 17-06-2023 23:31, threepwood wrote:
Guybrush here,

I played since the wireplay days. I actually remember some of you arriving years later, but I am sure there are plenty who where there long before me.

I am a psychologist now, and have two children (one of them very recent).

It is interesting that I actually went into psychology as a subject due to the actions of one of the (eventual) wizards here.

I will not mention their name, but they befriended me, told me they had cancer at one point. And even slayed my first mage, whilst we played together (they lobby-lood) logged out whilst we both slept and killed me for the points.

It left me quite broken and very mistrusting of people. As I had only just lost my hearing as a teenager (and lost all my friends) prior to this situation occurring.

I carried on playing for a few years, and the person responsible did apologise, but the game never quite felt the same for me again.

Although I forgave the person involved, I never quite trusted anyone again after that, and decided to leave (for the most part). It is fascinating how a few lines of text of immaterial pixels can affect you so much, in fact the person who did the deed told me it was 'nothing personal'.

And I'm sure it was nothing personal to them, but it is strange how deeply that betrayal cuts so deeply, even today.

But I still have very many fond memories, especially of Mr Flibble, and Meek (who was deaf like me).

Meek disappeared one day, I still wonder what happened to him.

To those who know me, and those who don't. I wish you all all the best.

:0)

Nice to hear from you mate. I remember us playing a lot on WP (I was Mankoid then). All grown up now mate..

View Profile of Crazyfool      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
threepwood
novice

Posted: 02-07-2023 21:26   
Quote:

Nice to hear from you mate. I remember us playing a lot on WP (I was Mankoid then). All grown up now mate..

I remember you well (brother) Mankoid. You featured in my very poorly written Umbrarg story, I still beleive it was once available on Muddled times Although, I do not know if it has survived.

Good to hear from you my friend. I too have grown up a bit (I think).

Never good to grow up too much though!

[ This Message was edited by: threepwood on 02-07-2023 21:28 ]

View Profile of threepwood      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
threepwood
novice

Posted: 02-07-2023 21:27   
DCLXVI still has a photo on this page by the way:

http://mud2.net/muddledtimes/site/personae.fod.html

View Profile of threepwood      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Folly
pioneer

Posted: 03-08-2023 19:30   
Quote:

On 12-05-2023 10:16, Crazyfool wrote:
Still rememeber you mortal fodding me..

Yeah, sorry about that. Wasn't expecting it to work

View Profile of Folly      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
rev
novice

Posted: 25-01-2024 23:09   
I remember everyone posting in this thread more or less. It's interesting what an influence MUD2 had on me, and I suppose others here too, as we came back after all this time to post here.

Still clearly remember MUD2 being this mysterious, oddly named game on Wireplay, which I eventually decided to try late one night. I was soon hooked. Must have been like 12 or 13 years old or something. That was over 25 years ago.

To respond a bit more to what was originally asked, by Miek - I have two girls, age 8 years and 6 years. My life path really started to improve for the better, about 10-12 years ago, for which I am thankful.

[ This Message was edited by: rev on 25-01-2024 23:19 ]

View Profile of rev      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Crazyfool
Wizard

Posted: 26-01-2024 14:05   
Quote:

On 25-01-2024 23:09, rev wrote:
I remember everyone posting in this thread more or less. It's interesting what an influence MUD2 had on me, and I suppose others here too, as we came back after all this time to post here.

Still clearly remember MUD2 being this mysterious, oddly named game on Wireplay, which I eventually decided to try late one night. I was soon hooked. Must have been like 12 or 13 years old or something. That was over 25 years ago.

To respond a bit more to what was originally asked, by Miek - I have two girls, age 8 years and 6 years. My life path really started to improve for the better, about 10-12 years ago, for which I am thankful.

[ This Message was edited by: rev on 25-01-2024 23:19 ]

Really happy to hear this mate. Fond memories of WP.

View Profile of Crazyfool      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Miek
pioneer

Posted: 06-02-2024 20:36   
Really happy with these responses. Well wishes to all of you, and a fond nod to the WP days. I am still a gamer, no MUD.

Me - I had a big husky dog. I practice self-care. I took some Writing courses, I took up swimming and karaoke; hey maybe I could take lessons from the Banshee on how to hit those high notes

View Profile of Miek      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Snypster
cabalist

Posted: 26-02-2024 22:59   
I've got two kids, and turned 40 last month. Jumped back on to .co.uk for a reset to try to reclaim my youth.

Yeah it didn't work.

View Profile of Snypster      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
[New Topic]   [Reply]
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic

These forums may be read by anyone, but only registered mudII.co.uk
players may post. When posting, please refrain from behaviour
not tolerated in the game.

These forums are moderated.