[Edit Profile]  [Edit Your Preferences]  [Search]
[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
MUDII Forum Index » » General Chat » » Bash Report 07/07/2011+
Author Bash Report 07/07/2011+
royston
ranger

Posted: 08-07-2011 10:42   
BASH REPORT FOR THURSDAY 7TH JULY 2011

This is going to be a bit brief. We are off to the Lake District tomorrow and I got to get all my kit together.

There were some demon players on: Deadog the Sorcerer, Firedemon the Superhero (who killed the dragon), Folly now at Sorcerer, Ourboros the Necromancer (whom I had never met before today but I saw him earlier on during the afternoon when he was a Hero and so is no slouch. He seemed to know me though) and finally Gaia at Swordsman but evidently working his way back up to Mage. So the Bash went like a storm. I was still on my fifth watersnake when the count came up as 50. Later I teamed up with Deaddog in the Formal Garden. I had some trouble with the Spider. I hung on at 34 Stam but it bit me twice rapidly in succession and my stamina dropped to 16 and then 2 as I fled. I wasted some time looking for another phial as was not sure how long the effects of the first one would last. By the time I got my act together the Spider had been killed by someone else. It was close to death when I fled. At this stage there were just 15 mobiles left. And within minutes there were 10.

The Keep was yet to be done and we teamed up for that one, Including Gsix the Superhero, who had just come into the game. When got to the second floor, there were just 5 mobiles left. The Griffin and the Maiden accounted for two of these. I have no idea what the third one was but the fourth everyone knew was the Golem. Soon the reset timestamp showed there were 32 minutes of play left with just 2 mobiles alive. The Golem was dealt with after a lot of hooha-ing about who was going ?in?.

The last mobile was the big problem of the evening. As I have mentioned before I have a hard copy list of mobiles and it seems simple enough to go through it and ?wh? each one in turn. The problem is it is a very long list and it does drain your magic very quickly. I also believe that if you ?wh? a group of individuals it will ?choose? just one of the group to check. For example if you ?wh dw? it will ?wh dw0? and ignore the remainder. That means you have to test each one in turn. There are six watersnakes, 22 rats and something like 52 dwarfs. So I admit I go through the list quickly leaving out those I am certain of. And my eye went over Stegosaurus (at number 25) without picking it up. It was a quarter of an hour of searching before it was discovered on the Middle Mountain and dispatched. It was the last one.

All in all it was a great Bash with some useful players on; no one got killed (well not dead-dead anyway) and there was no player-to-player fighting either. It was all very civilised. Neither the Pagoda nor the Giants? opened either.

As I said at the start I?m off for a week tomorrow. I am told that there is no Internet connection where we are staying and that it is outside the range of mobile phones. But I am still taking my mobile in case I am being lied to. But I will not be bashing next week. I hope someone can do a write-up in my absence. If nothing else, please tell me what the outcome is. Incidentally in an outrageous example of ageism, I have been banned from rock climbing, abseiling and pot holing. Nothing there about paragliding or white water rafting then.

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Cradle
cleric

Posted: 08-07-2011 11:13   
Was a fun time, lets keep this winning thing up lads.

FD

View Profile of Cradle   Email Cradle      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Folly
pioneer

Posted: 08-07-2011 18:58   
Cheers for the write up Royston. I really enjoyed the bash last night also, thanks all. I'm probably not on next week, should be back the week after.

View Profile of Folly      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Turrican
Arch-Wizard

Posted: 09-07-2011 20:51   
Quote:

On 08-07-2011 11:13, Cradle wrote:
Was a fun time, lets keep this winning thing up lads.

It's the taking part isn't it?

View Profile of Turrican      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
[New Topic]   [Reply]
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic

These forums may be read by anyone, but only registered mudII.co.uk
players may post. When posting, please refrain from behaviour
not tolerated in the game.

These forums are moderated.