[New Topic]   [Reply]
[Edit Profile]  [Edit Your Preferences]  [Search]
[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
MUDII Forum Index » » General Chat » » Bash Report 15/09/2011+
Author Bash Report 15/09/2011+
royston
ranger

Posted: 16-09-2011 14:24   
BASH REPORT FOR THURSDAY 15TH SPETEMBER 2011.

It has been a strange week. After last week?s bash I couldn?t go north without some invisible player clobbering me. Only once did I not flee and I soon dropped back to mid-level Sorcerer. It was so bad that I was beginning to think it was something personal. When you start thinking that, it is time to give MUD a rest for a while. But I did not give it a rest and just managed to haul myself back up to Necromancer in time for the bash.

Playing this week were Gaia the Warlock, again later elected Bash-General, Sambor the Necromancer, Stormin the Sorcerer and two protected personas: Holyone the Priest and Bambam the Particarch. At the end of the bash I learnt I learnt that Bambam was an experienced player who had not played for some time and was in effect testing the waters once more. He promised to bash more often. I wanted to start off in the Goblins? Lairs. Not getting to the right key in time (you will tell me there are several but there is one I always go for) I had to resort to a more brutal method of opening the doors. I found that a number of Goblins had already been dealt with and I had only to tidy up the rest. The rats were again a tidying up exercise; I killed only 15 out of 22.

Bambam the priest called for help with a skeleton. Gaia was already there when I arrived and it was suitably dealt with by the three of us. The Man was hiding in the Wardrobe and I got fed up waiting for him to come out. I wandered up to the Dwarfs?. There, Gaia shouted a flood warning and I only just made it out in time. Next Gaia, with me helping, did the Keep, in a fine and traditional way, without a hitch. At this stage we were down to 50 surviving mobiles. I next came across the Man who attacked me rather than me him. He blinded me but I thought he had gone invisible and did not unblind myself till he fled and I tried to see where he had gone. I soon found him a few rooms away. I got 148 points for the kill and 17 for the flee. I wandered about for a considerable time finding nothing to do (someone else had taken care of the Watersnakes and the North Mountain) before I hit upon the idea of ?doing? the Spider once more. This went like clockwork. Eventually Stormin put me on to a skeleton in the Boneyard. But Stormin changed his mind and we went after the Zombie in the Cottage instead. I wanted to drop off the axe (a fairly decent weapon though it needs a bit of strength to use) in the hut. There I came face to face with a one-eyed female giant. I dropped the axe, before realising the giant was there. It did not attack me but it blocked my leaving. Sambor first appeared then Holyone, then Bambam, then Stormin. My share of the kill was 130 so its total value had to be 650.

We all teamed up for the Wraith and the Vampire. I got involved with the Wraith but somehow missed out on the killing of the Vampire.

I started to go through my list. The first one I came across was the Crocodile and on checking I discovered it was in the Treacherous Swamp. This was bad news. The last time I came across the Crocodile in the Swamp it was a few rooms inside the maze of which the Swamp is formed. This was on the only occasion when I was finding my way through the Swamp, on my way to solve one of the more difficult tasks. The means of finding your way through involves a protracted routine, almost ritualistic, and depends on one particular mobile being alive. This particular mobile was dead. However it was needless speculation on my part as the crocodile was soon killed by someone else. I suspect it was in the first room of the maze or it was summoned.

The pagoda was open. I spent a few happy moments chasing apes about. The other ?more serious? mobiles, including those in the upper floors of the pagoda, were dealt with without any assistance from me.
Crazyfool, fearing we would get bored had dropped a second giant in the Food Store. There is only one Food Store (in the Dwarfs?) but it is easily confused with the Food Storage Area in the Pagoda and the Bar Food Store at the Inn. Outside the Food Store I found the door a locked. This I naturally opened and as I did so the Giant fled past me. This was unfortunate. But Gaia chased after it and it was soon dead.

The last mobile left, as is so often the case, was the Golem. I was in no way involved in this which is probably why it went only with one small hitch. It did seem to take a while though and I can only suppose the Golem was even tougher than it usually is.

Another great bash; another win. That?s now seven in a row.

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Folly
pioneer

Posted: 16-09-2011 18:55   
Cheers for the write up Royston, excellent as always.

Seven wins, but more importantly the Thursday night bash is a great weekly meet up for all mud players. Hope we see some more retired players taking a look.

View Profile of Folly      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Zalagar
pioneer

Posted: 16-09-2011 23:53   
I'd show up, but somehow I'm always busy on Thursdays.

These days, sadly, I don't often have the time to commit to active participation in MUD2. I never know when I might get called away, so chances are if I were to participate in a bash, I'd find myself being forced to QQ before the end of it. Oh, well.

View Profile of Zalagar      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
royston
ranger

Posted: 17-09-2011 00:13   
Thank you for those comments. They are appreciated. Good or bad, I get a bit disconcerted when ,as last week, there are none.

As Folly so rightly says, it's the taking part that is the important bit. The 3K at the end of a successful bash, is a satisfying bonus but it is not the primary source of enjoyment.

We seem to be getting the right numbers now but I would encourage anyone who has not taken part for a while or even never taken part, to give a Bash a go. They take place every Thursday at 9:00pm.

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Turrican
Arch-Wizard

Posted: 20-09-2011 14:19   
Quote:

On 17-09-2011 00:13, royston wrote:
As Folly so rightly says, it's the taking part that is the important bit. The 3K at the end of a successful bash, is a satisfying bonus but it is not the primary source of enjoyment.

The treasure chambers are usually clear at the end of a bash.

View Profile of Turrican      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Vulnax
explorer

Posted: 20-09-2011 21:38   
LOL

View Profile of Vulnax   Goto the website of Vulnax        Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
[New Topic]   [Reply]
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic

These forums may be read by anyone, but only registered mudII.co.uk
players may post. When posting, please refrain from behaviour
not tolerated in the game.

These forums are moderated.