[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
MUDII Forum Index » » General Chat » » Mudmeet
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Author Mudmeet
Huff
cabalist

Posted: 22-02-2002 21:13   
Date: 6th April

Start Time: 1400hrs start (or anytime thereafter)

End Time: Your parants will collect you all at 6pm , or if not, till pub closing time.

Where: Colchester (near London)

Venue: Yates wine lodge, Head Street.
I dont have the building number but it is opposite the High Street.

Price of booze... when i checked, it was relatively cheap.
Any other infomation, email me

View Profile of Huff   Email Huff   Goto the website of Huff   ICQ status             Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Hawumph
Arch-Wizard

Posted: 27-02-2002 09:31   
If anyone needs local info, try here

http://www.colchesterguide.co.uk

Its got addresses, road and street maps, the works!

As for the wine lodge, its at 1-3 Head Street, but according to the pub guide (http://www.pubfoodguide.co.uk/pubs/colchester-yates.htm) it closes at 6pm Saturdays. Do we have any alternatives for the more hardened drinkers (or is Foddy not going??)

PS who else IS going?

View Profile of Hawumph   Email Hawumph   Goto the website of Hawumph      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Huff
cabalist

Posted: 01-03-2002 20:10   
Ah crap. erm...... i didnt realise it closed so early on satadays :-<
erm short notice reorganisation prahaps.....?
owch my brain hurts

View Profile of Huff   Email Huff   Goto the website of Huff   ICQ status             Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Popculturemonkey
friar

Posted: 02-03-2002 03:30   
If the meet is anything like the game is now, then only three people will turn up... One will be wearing a badge that says 'guest', one will sit upstairs and refuse to interact with anyone and the third will sit around on his arse mumbling about 'how crap this place is'.

The one wearing the guest badge will whine about how much everything in the pub costs, whilst the guy who think it's crap willkeep professing that 'it's not that expensive'.

Occasionally, the guy upstairs will make a 'witty' comment through the beer glass.

[ This Message was edited by: Popculturemonkey on 02-03-2002 03:33 ]

View Profile of Popculturemonkey   Email Popculturemonkey   Goto the website of Popculturemonkey   ICQ status             Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Karya
Witch

Posted: 02-03-2002 11:11   
I just phoned Yates Wine Lodge in Colchester and they told me they close at 11pm on Saturdays. (01206 710471 is anyone else wants the number)

View Profile of  Karya   Email  Karya      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Mike
pilgrim

Posted: 02-03-2002 11:27   
So, were not sleeping there? because if were not sleeping I might be able to go il have to check my calender etc

View Profile of Mike   Email Mike        Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Karya
Witch

Posted: 02-03-2002 16:20   
Quote:

On 02-03-2002 11:27, Mike wrote:
So, were not sleeping there? because if were not sleeping I might be able to go il have to check my calender etc

I don't think Yates will be too happy about us trying to spend the night there! You'll have to make your own sleeping arrangements, but Hawumph has posted a link to a list of BB's and Hotels earlier in this thread and I've posted another link on a different mudmeet thread.

I'm sure there will also be people intending to go home that evening too and not stay for the Sunday.

View Profile of  Karya   Email  Karya      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Mike
pilgrim

Posted: 03-03-2002 16:51   
what time is the meet actually till? as in when does it end?

View Profile of Mike   Email Mike        Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Karya
Witch

Posted: 03-03-2002 17:02   
At previous meets I've been to people have always left when they've needed or wanted to, whether that's been when the pub has kicked them out at closing time or when they've got a train to catch.

I imagine most people will be staying at a BB or hotel for the night though so the meet won't actually "finish" until people make their way back home on Sunday afternoon.

Basically, there is no end time. Leave when you want to.

[ This Message was edited by: Karya on 03-03-2002 17:03 ]

Mike
pilgrim

Posted: 03-03-2002 17:22   
hello again sorry to be a bother but is anyone going to the meet who is in the Doncaster region because i really need to go with a group of people or il not be able to go on the grounds my parents will think I will get lost/miss my stop/fall asleep and many many more so if you are going on train and are nearby put it in the forumns please

Mike...

Popculturemonkey
friar

Posted: 03-03-2002 21:35   
Wait a minute.

Last time I checked, which was some time last year, Mike was an irritating tit that everyone hated.

Has black become white and up become down while I was looking the other way or something?

View Profile of Popculturemonkey   Email Popculturemonkey   Goto the website of Popculturemonkey   ICQ status             Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Vulnax
explorer

Posted: 03-03-2002 22:35   
Hi

So, who is going to this meet on 6 April '02, Colchester?

Is it still on?

If some one could be so kind as to list a few local ( to the meet ) guest houses etc. then that would be nice.... the links so far don't really relate the cost and location relative to the meet pub.

thanks muchly
J

View Profile of Vulnax   Goto the website of Vulnax        Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Karya
Witch

Posted: 03-03-2002 22:48   
A newsletter was sent out earlier this evening to everyone who has registered on the MUDII website, that had details about the mudmeet on it. There were two links to different lists of BB's, Hotels and Guest Houses. If these aren't appropriate for your needs then you should find something on Leisure Hunt link I also provided.

Mike
pilgrim

Posted: 04-03-2002 19:51   
well if thats the case don't anyone want me to go?

Karya
Witch

Posted: 04-03-2002 22:17   
Quote:

On 04-03-2002 19:51, Mike wrote:
well if thats the case don't anyone want me to go?

Of course we do! Mudmeets are really friendly and relaxed occasions. I wouldn't worry about what someone who doesn't even intend going says.

Gadget
friar

Posted: 04-03-2002 22:22   
Wonder if relaxed is synonymous with drunk.

View Profile of Gadget        Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Mike
pilgrim

Posted: 04-03-2002 22:31   
i need to find someone who is going on the train near me so my damn parents wont be worried about me and won't let me go... anyone near?

Huff
cabalist

Posted: 04-03-2002 23:07   
Mike, i understand about your parents being a bit twitchy about letting you off on a big adventure across England so i will give you step by step instructions.
Assuming you are coming from doncaster do the following...
1.Buy advance tickets now, they are cheaper this way, (either an Open return, or an Apex saver return not sure which)
2. Assuming that you want to leave on the sataday, get up Bright and EARLY and grab your prepacked luggage (from last night) go to doncaster station, look for the signs for the London bound trains 9 (platform 1??)
2. the journey will be about 1 1/2 hours long to London Kings Cross. when you get to KingsX, then make your way to the tube (London Underground or wierd underground trains) ask someone if you need assistance, you want to get off at London Liverpool Street so you want the circle line (i think?!?)
3. when you reach Liverpool st come back up the esculators and into the main station building, if you want there is a McDonalds at the top of the station and if you neglected to pack any lunch... etc.
look on the display boards, you are looking for a train to Colchester Town or one that stops a Colchester so between platforms 7-17 **dont quote me**(either one of the Clacton, Ipswitch or Norwich services)
4. the journey will take approx 1 hour - 1 hour 15 mins. When you reach your station, read the map, failing that, stand around at the station holding a large piece of ham and scream 'I LIEK hAm!!!!!1111' and a passing mudmeeter will come and help you

This concludes this very optomistic set of instructions.
This has been a Nicholas Evans Public Broadcast!!!!
im now going to bed ...zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Mike
pilgrim

Posted: 05-03-2002 18:57   
well, thanks for the help huff but i would get lost ( for defo ) so my dad said if its sunny weather we go on the moterbike so im not sure wether i can go yet but il let you know thanks anyway

M I K E!

Karya
Witch

Posted: 24-03-2002 14:39   
Whilst looking for a Hotel/BB in Colchester I found these more reasonably priced ones:

Pescara House
88 Manor Road, Colchester, Essex, CO3 3LY.
Phone: 01206 520055 Fax: 01206 512127
Bed and Breakfast
Single occupancy typically from ?22 to ?25 per night.
Double / twin occupancy typically from ?36 to ?40 per night

The Old Manse
15 Roman Road Colchester Essex CO1 1UR
Tel: 01206 545154
From only ?18.00, Bed & Full English Breakfast

Hampton House
224 Maldon Road, Colchester, Essex, CO3 3BD
Phone: +44 (0)1206 579291
Prices:
Single: ?20.00
Double: ?40.00
per room per night

B Y R O N L O D G E
(Accommodation/Budget)
30 New Town Road, Colchester, Essex, CO1 2EF
Phone: 01206 504504

T H E S A L I S B U R Y H O T E L
(Accommodation/Budget)
177 Butt Road, Colchester, Essex, CO3 3DL
Phone: 01206 508508

Brightlingsea YMCA, Brightlingsea Road, Thorrington, Colchester CO7 8JJ; Tel: (1206) 302 221

If I find anymore I'll post the details here

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
[New Topic]   [Reply]
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic

These forums may be read by anyone, but only registered mudII.co.uk
players may post. When posting, please refrain from behaviour
not tolerated in the game.

These forums are moderated.