[New Topic]   [Reply]
[Edit Profile]  [Edit Your Preferences]  [Search]
[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
MUDII Forum Index » » General Chat » » Muddled Times and Admiral Bombow's Chronicles
Author Muddled Times and Admiral Bombow's Chronicles
Foddy
Arch-Wizard

Posted: 03-04-2002 13:09   
I am delighted to announce that the April 2002 issue of Muddled Times is now available for your viewing pleasure.

For this issue Muddled Times joined forces with MUD2.COM's ABC to bring you this excellent demonstration of inter-site teamwork.

Many thanks to the editors, Hawumph and Karya, for their excellent work - and to all the authors and everyone else behind the scenes who worked hard to bring out this issue.

Muddled Times "Issue 15, April 2002" may be found here and Admiral Bombow's Chronicles "Volume III, Issue III" may be found here.

Enjoy!

Foddy

View Profile of Foddy      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Droo
Wizard

Posted: 03-04-2002 19:30   

Good Work everyone!

Enjoyable as ever... of course now my girlfriend wants to know what the hell "mud" is, and why is there pictures of me posted on the internet...

Here we go...

Droo.

PS. Sorry guys, im not gonna be able to make it to the mudmeet this time. Is it ever going back to Dublin? (hint hint - summertime)

View Profile of Droo        Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Karya
Witch

Posted: 03-04-2002 19:55   
Don't forget to read both magazines! There are articles in one that aren't in the other (site specific stuff etc), plus some of the duplicated articles have been stylised differently.

Go to:

http://www.muddled-times.com

and

http://www.mud2.com/bombow/

not forgetting to fill in the feedback form!

View Profile of  Karya   Email  Karya      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Theman
cleric

Posted: 03-04-2002 20:24   
So..what actually happens to the feedback form results? I'm betting that they are put in a huge equation and we'll get our complete personality guide to share with our friends...("Look! I scored a 76.3214 in memory")

View Profile of Theman   Email Theman      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Karya
Witch

Posted: 03-04-2002 20:33   
Damn, you weren't supposed to notice the subliminal questions!

The feedback form is so that I can work out what people actually want to read. For example, if after a number of months one particular section repeatedly scores low I might consider scrapping it altogether and concentrate on other areas of MT. I also use it to pass on feedback to authors who ask for it.

After I gather more feedback forms I might put the results into a pretty chart/table/something and put it into Muddled Times.

View Profile of  Karya   Email  Karya      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Popculturemonkey
friar

Posted: 04-04-2002 19:10   
Yes, 'tis all excellent.

Except they've removed the mail and website links from my article on ABC.

I am not happy.

View Profile of Popculturemonkey   Email Popculturemonkey   Goto the website of Popculturemonkey   ICQ status             Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Hawumph
Arch-Wizard

Posted: 04-04-2002 23:30   
You've made my day

I got to the monkey

Smell my glee! <g>

View Profile of Hawumph   Email Hawumph   Goto the website of Hawumph      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Eric
cleric

Posted: 05-04-2002 03:32   
Good article Jericho, I feel you've hit one particular nail right on the head there.

View Profile of Eric   Goto the website of Eric   ICQ status           Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Popculturemonkey
friar

Posted: 05-04-2002 06:36   
Cheers.

View Profile of Popculturemonkey   Email Popculturemonkey   Goto the website of Popculturemonkey   ICQ status             Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Popculturemonkey
friar

Posted: 05-04-2002 06:39   
Quote:

On 04-04-2002 23:30, Hawumph wrote:
You've made my day

I got to the monkey

Smell my glee! <g>

Well, y'know, I'd be grateful if SOMEONE fixed it before, y'know, SOMEONE wakes up anongside a severed head and lives to rue the day THEY crossed The Monkey.

Ah, go on - It's a whole new audience I'll be pimping to.

Crazyfool
Wizard

Posted: 05-04-2002 19:52   
I liked it. But if you put part 3 of my story in ABC..do they know where to find parts 1 and 2..if they dont.. it makes even LESS sense..

View Profile of Crazyfool      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Theman
cleric

Posted: 06-04-2002 11:55   
Not making sense can be good....we'll just regard your work as an art form.

View Profile of Theman   Email Theman      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Popculturemonkey
friar

Posted: 21-04-2002 02:12   
Incidentally, I wasn't kidding when I said that you should put the mail and website link on the bottom of the article in ABC.

You've altered my formatting, and you've removed a part of the article. The article goes up as-is, or it doesn't go up at all.

If you need a copy of the bit you removed, contact me.

Fix it, or remove the page, please H, there's a good chap.

Hawumph
Arch-Wizard

Posted: 21-04-2002 22:14   
This is unfortunately personal sounding, but you're site spouts the worst form of bad language, and whether or not I agree with your views (which I do not) I feel it would be inappropriate to link to it (and thats just me not the boss).

I won't suggest a link to your site, if you have an issue with it, contact the mud2.com Arches - they can override me any time!

[ This Message was edited by: hawumph on 21-04-2002 23:25 ]

View Profile of Hawumph   Email Hawumph   Goto the website of Hawumph      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Popculturemonkey
friar

Posted: 22-04-2002 17:14   
Thanks for the advice.

Take the page down then, please.

Didn't Muddled-Times actually have .wav files of people using 'the worst form of bad language' over and over again?

I guess Karya and Foddy are a little more liberal.

Ah well, it's your call to make.

They're only words. They can't hurt you.

[ This Message was edited by: Popculturemonkey on 22-04-2002 17:16 ]

Hawumph
Arch-Wizard

Posted: 23-04-2002 11:24   
From the ABC - recent joint issue :

Article monkey.htm has been expunged at the author's request

Popculturemonkey
friar

Posted: 23-04-2002 19:34   
Thanks.

[New Topic]   [Reply]
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic

These forums may be read by anyone, but only registered mudII.co.uk
players may post. When posting, please refrain from behaviour
not tolerated in the game.

These forums are moderated.