We won!

Here's a link to Ben Folds Five http://youtu.be/mEyrfFwf3rI

No relation to the Deadmau Five.

[ This Message was edited by: Folly on 28-02-2013 23:38 ]

View Profile of Folly      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Folly
pioneer

Posted: 02-03-2013 16:41   

OK, the working week is over, thanks to an early kick off the football is over (1-0) and I now have some time to write a proper bash report. Not that the Ben Folds Five / Fraggle Rock video doesn't give you the overall picture, but I thought I'd flesh out some of the details.

I got back from work as normal around 7ish, had something to eat washed down with a beer and logged onto mud. Nobody seemed to be around except for Frog and Squall. Never heard of them. I don't know what they were up to in the Land, but back in the tearoom overheard Squall say "wow that was brilliant!!!". I suspect it was either some secret wiz created future event, or they'd worked out that you can use one of the dwarfs to snowboard down the north mountain. I opened a bottle of Shiraz.

We were approaching 9pm and there weren't that many people in the tearoom. Nuisance the necromancer was there and I asked him to summon Royston, which he did. That spell never works for me. Craxydimnd the necromancer also arrived before 9pm and I think four people started the bash.

Crazydimnd the necromancer
Royston the hero
Folly the necromancer
Nuisance the necromancer

As usual the first thing I did was to put down my drink and go find a key. I like the one in the maze because 53 is my lucky number. In my experience it's almost impossible to die if you have key53. For some reason my navigation of the maze wasn't as good as normal and I kept walking into hedges. Not sure why. The game can be full of mysteries like that.

After getting my lucky key I went to grab some vials. There were two in the font when I wh'd them but Nuisance beat me to them. I put it down to tiredness on my part, had a glass of merlot (the shiraz was long gone), and considered my tactics for the rest of the reset.

By this point I noticed that I'd been voted Bash General. This was great news as I'm pretty sure that bash generals have never died in a bash, ever. I'm pretty sure that's how it works anyway. I then got a message from Nuisance asking me to tell everyone to get to the classical ruin pronto. Not long after, Folly, Crazydimnd, Nuisance & Royston were drenched with power. There would be no stopping us now.

I killed a couple of zombies, Royston started on the watersnakes, the sv count started dropping. Text book. I then thought about grabbing a wafer or two. I know most people do this at the start, but at least I had my lucky key53. Z6 gave me wf10 and the HB helped me out with wf11. Pillar stats, two wafers and pick0 ? I was indestructible! I poured a glass or wine to celebrate.

I went exploring the mines. A canary started following me. It died. It's kind of sad, but I don't make the rules. For example, if nobody smashed the baby dwarf's skull in we'd never get the 3,000 point bonus. Don't blame the player, blame the game baby dwarf! I then decided to go kill the baby dwarf.

*The baby dwarf bawls "WAAAAAHH".
*k dw f wp
You attack the baby dwarf, using the pick0 as a weapon.
You attack the young dwarf45, using the pick0 as a weapon.
You attack the young dwarf44, using the pick0 as a weapon.
*You hit the young dwarf44 (10-14).
You have killed the young dwarf44.
(+6 = 35,159).
The young dwarf44 has just passed on.
You hit the young dwarf45 (15-19).
You have killed the young dwarf45.
(+6 = 35,165).
The young dwarf45 has just passed on.
You hit the baby dwarf (15-19).
You have killed the baby dwarf.
Muwahahaha (evil laugh)

I killed a few more Dwarfs and then for some reason strange things started to happen. I unwisely attacked some dwarfs when I probably should have caught up on a bit of sleep, and quickly went through my two wafers. At some point I dropped a few items that I was carrying in the Children's dormitory to improve my stats and went killing more dwarfs. Later on I went south from what I thought was the Low passage but ended up in the dwarf guard room on 60+ stam. OK, with hindsight I'd gone south from the Dwarfen hall, but clearly some dark magic was at work. I quickly resited, had a drink of wine and tried to work out what went wrong. I decided to go kill the banshee instead while I worked it out.

It was round about now that I noticed that the Pagoda had opened. Not one to shirk my responsibility as bash general, I headed in to grab the pagoda wafers before anyone else noticed. It was at this point that I noticed my luck had changed.

*The door's shut, can't you see, you berk?
*op door
The door is locked shut, and needs a key to open it.
*i
You are carrying the following:
the trug, the pick0 and the firestone3.
The trug contains:
the wafer33.
Weight carried: 5kg 885g/100kg.
Objects carried: 3/12.
You are keeping any objects in your possession of the following types:
cowl and firestone3.
*wh k53
1 inside the cardboard box1.
*wh box1
1 in the place known as "children's dormitory".
Lucky Key53! Noooooooooo!

Just as I noticed that I no longer had my lucky key, I also noticed that I'd not slept after killing the Banshee. I then noticed that ape9 was rushing at me threateningly and I was down to 24 stam. Fortunately I'd stopped off for wafer33 first and I managed to kill the ape. Overall, the bash was going ok, the pagoda was open but the sv was dropping, it could be worse.

At this stage my kit consisted of pick0, fs3, the trug and 2 pagoda wafers. I decided the dagger0 was better in the pagoda and went to the armoury (the hut) before launching my assault on the phoenix and mongoose.

The first floor had both the ghost and ape12. While my preparation for this floor was missing, they both died without any major problems. I even didn't give the ape my weapon. Next up were the mongoose and phoenix. They didn't cause any problems this week. Nuisance took care of the remainder of the downstairs mobs including the tiger.

We were now down to 22 mobs, with the apes and sea life alive. I killed some apes, a monk, the alligator and some sea life. The penultimate wafer went on shark0.

Not long after this I had a great idea. The sv was down to 3 with loads of time left. What good is a bash general if there was nothing left to bash? So we opened the redwoods. Genius! I had another drink to celebrate this brilliant idea.

The redwoods didn't cause too much problem, although during the fight with the Smilodon after I'd used all my wafers, the mob fled, I re-attacked, and I then found myself having to log back in to tearoom. And for some reason my magic had stopped working. And I had a sudden craving for spring water. And a wiz must have removed my ?the necromancer? post-fix. Strange.

I quickly summoned the ammonite using secret magical techniques that I can't divulge, and the bash was back on. I killed the ammonite and we were down to the final three.

*Nuisance the dragonfly-slaying necromancer tells you "wolf,golem,dunno".
At that point the viper slithered past. Using the process of elimination, I worked out what the last mobile was.

I managed to annoy everyone by doing spring to warrior before medding (sorry, thought there were 3 of you) and not long after we got the 3k bonus.

*read board
Written on the board is: "
Team Bash Scores:

13/12/2012 - 51 minutes left (Royston, Pushover, Peterpan, Folly, Robby and
Slenderman)
31/01/2013 - 42 minutes left (Zephyrus, Godric, Blackheart, Folly and Kanye)P
14/02/2013 - 37 minutes left (Crazydimnd, Assezvous, Marlight, Zephyrus,
Pushover, Heisenberg, Gribbyii, Deadlock, Poledra, Royston and Tollbooth)P
20/09/2012 - 35 minutes left (Xiax, Royston, Hjorvard, Moonlight and
Teslacoil)
06/12/2012 - 35 minutes left (Rhedvitra, Zalagar, Folly, Alexander and Plonk)
13/09/2012 - 30 minutes left (Xiax, Royston, Hjorvard, Folly and Hood)
17/01/2013 - 29 minutes left (Kanye, Kiwi, Royston, Blackheart, Folly and
Angelus)P
07/02/2013 - 25 minutes left (Royston, Blackheart, Folly and Ninja)
20/12/2012 - 14 minutes left (Alexander, Peterpan, Hakkar and Folly)P
03/01/2013 - 13 minutes left (Royston, Rapscalion, Folly, Ouroboros and
Robb)P
10/01/2013 - 11 minutes left (Robb, Royston, Rapscalion, Kiwi and Folly)PR
28/02/2013 - 8 minutes left (Crazydimnd, Royston, Folly and Nuisance)PR

(P, R, G denotes that the pagoda, redwoods and/or giants opened that reset.)
".
So, the 2nd fastest time for a bash including the Pagoda and Redwoods. Bring on the giants!

And the moral of the story ? never leave k53 in the dwarfs.

royston
ranger

Posted: 02-03-2013 23:18   
Quote:

On 02-03-2013 16:41, Folly wrote:
In my experience it's almost impossible to die if you have key53.

Not my experience. I find it dead easy

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Turrican
Arch-Wizard

Posted: 08-03-2013 13:30   
Quote:

On 02-03-2013 16:41, Folly wrote:
In my experience it's almost impossible to die if you have key53.

I could make it radioactive if that'll help?

View Profile of Turrican      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Folly
pioneer

Posted: 08-03-2013 18:14   
I'd go further and make everything that can be found in the maze radioactive. Keys, hives, hedgehogs...

[New Topic]   [Reply]
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic

These forums may be read by anyone, but only registered mudII.co.uk
players may post. When posting, please refrain from behaviour
not tolerated in the game.

These forums are moderated.