[New Topic]   [Reply]
[Edit Profile]  [Edit Your Preferences]  [Search]
[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
MUDII Forum Index » » General Chat » » Dragon problems.
Author Dragon problems.
royston
ranger

Posted: 16-04-2013 23:41   
At great personal risk I faced the dragon yesterday. After the conclusion of our business I returned to the Main Land. However it all happened within the two minute notice of a re-set. I was not awarded any points as the dragon did not die in time. I was always under the impression that an automatic extension came into effect under these circumstances. Could someone please explain what to me should happen and when.

[ This Message was edited by: royston on 16-04-2013 23:42 ]

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Turrican
Arch-Wizard

Posted: 18-04-2013 01:36   
Quote:

On 16-04-2013 23:41, royston wrote:
Could someone please explain what to me should happen and when.

You get extra time when the auto reset starts, after that you get nothing.

View Profile of Turrican      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Hawumph
Arch-Wizard

Posted: 18-04-2013 11:43   
Quote:

On 16-04-2013 23:41, royston wrote:
At great personal risk I faced the dragon yesterday...... Could someone please explain what to me should happen and when.

I would also suggest a change of philosophy? The signature for one, is wrong, you definitely SHOULD meddle in the affairs of dragons. Not in their shall we say intimate affairs, that would be weird, but day to day affairs, definitely.

And at great personal risk, try and do the dragon absolutely every reset you get. If you are kitted and lucky, you might flee and lose a bunch of points, but over time, the risks are outweighed by the advantages, you should definitely earn more than you lose if you stick at it.

So, what should happen is, go get that dragon, and when, absolutely every time you possibly can!

How 'bout them transparent dangling carrots? It's not fair to deny me, the cross-eyed bear that you gave to me. You otter know!!!

View Profile of Hawumph   Email Hawumph   Goto the website of Hawumph      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Hawumph
Arch-Wizard

Posted: 18-04-2013 11:57   
Oh, and, when you do a quickscan and it shows a dragon to the south, don't go south!

This was reset 60499, spotted whilst looking for the incident you referred to.

View Profile of Hawumph   Email Hawumph   Goto the website of Hawumph      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
royston
ranger

Posted: 18-04-2013 16:34   
Quote:

On 18-04-2013 11:43, Hawumph wrote:
The signature for one, is wrong, you definitely SHOULD meddle in the affairs of dragons.

That is off a T shirt I got. The full quote is: 'Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons as you are crunchy and go well with ketchup.' But you are right: my attitude has been to kill the dragon once to get the task done and then go nowhere near it until I get killed off and start over again. I don't know why I want to do the tasks at all really. It's just that they are there, like the north face of the Eiger. However, I take all you said on board. We shall see how it goes. Thank you for all your advice.

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Crazyfool
Wizard

Posted: 28-04-2013 09:38   
That is a bit rich Hawumph. You did your entire wizrun just swamping flowers and doing the Blue Room with Benny!

View Profile of Crazyfool      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Vulnax
explorer

Posted: 28-04-2013 22:39   
I recall Hawumph doing the dragon all the time ... usually losing to her! Well 2 out of 7

Hence the name ...

Or was that irony, hyperbole, saracasm ??

View Profile of Vulnax   Goto the website of Vulnax        Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Crazyfool
Wizard

Posted: 29-04-2013 18:50   
I thought that was the sound he made when..he..erm..you know.... reached the peak?

View Profile of Crazyfool      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Zalagar
cleric

Posted: 04-10-2018 16:29   
Hawumph got his name due to his long experiences with the dragon. I think we might even be able to find an old POTM bio talking about it.

Ah, here it is!

http://www.mud2.com/ABC9905/potm.html

View Profile of Zalagar      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Zalagar
cleric

Posted: 09-10-2018 05:38   
Anyway, the dragon is best done when you've got plenty of time to spare in the set, and when the weather's good.

View Profile of Zalagar      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
[New Topic]   [Reply]
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic

These forums may be read by anyone, but only registered mudII.co.uk
players may post. When posting, please refrain from behaviour
not tolerated in the game.

These forums are moderated.