[New Topic]   [Reply]
[Edit Profile]  [Edit Your Preferences]  [Search]
[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
MUDII Forum Index » » General Chat » » My CMUD closes after inactivity *resolved*
Author My CMUD closes after inactivity *resolved*
Miek
pioneer

Posted: 13-06-2013 20:10   
I go afk for maybe 7 minutes and I have to supersede my session to get back in. x

Even if I am snooping someone or there's constant chat going on, I still have to supersede after around 7 minutes.

[ This Message was edited by: Miek on 15-07-2013 17:14 ]

[ This Message was edited by: miek on 18-07-2013 23:04 ]

View Profile of Miek      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Armand
explorer

Posted: 13-06-2013 22:30   
I've had so many problems with zmud/cmud that I abandoned it a few months ago. I use mudlet now. It's not perfect, but it does the job.

View Profile of Armand      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
royston
ranger

Posted: 13-06-2013 23:05   
My stats bar seizes up. It showed stam 85/100 when I got killed and it was still showing it when I came back in as Novice.

[ This Message was edited by: royston on 13-06-2013 23:06 ]

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Miek
pioneer

Posted: 15-07-2013 17:13   
Anyone know what causes this? If I input the command: auto "ql" every "30" it does not happen. Is it server side?

royston
ranger

Posted: 15-07-2013 19:12   
I'm sure there is an ANSI command that enables you to set the length of time-without-input before it boots you out. I seem to remember resetting this in the past. I comes with a warning. It just says you have been warned. I.E you might get killed by another player if you stay in the game and go for a prolonged afk.

Unfortunately you cannot do this in client mode and when I try to log in directly from MUDii page it tells me there is a plug-in missing. When I tried to install this I got dire warnings form my protection software that it is full of viruses.

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Miek
pioneer

Posted: 15-07-2013 20:12   
Ta Roy. But no luck
Changed the /timeout period and it just keeps me in the game even if I'm not there. Still have to supersede

Armand
explorer

Posted: 16-07-2013 23:19   
I can't remember if we had this conversation in-game, but if you download torrents, that could be the issue. My torrent client defaults to 500 simultaneous connections and I get the exact same problem when it's running.

View Profile of Armand      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Miek
pioneer

Posted: 17-07-2013 10:25   
Thanks for the reply Hal,
This happens whether torrents are running or not. It's just bizarre, using a "auto ql" command stops it from happening. I'm seriously assuming it's something server-side.

Tabitha
pilgrim

Posted: 17-07-2013 14:06   
It sounds like your socket is shutting down due to inactivity. Most clients will have an option to periodically send a special packet to stop this happening.

Have a look in your client options and see if there is a setting to send 'keep alive' or 'SO_KEEPALIVE', and make sure it is enabled.

View Profile of Tabitha   Email Tabitha   Goto the website of Tabitha      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Miek
pioneer

Posted: 17-07-2013 20:39   
Thanks Tabitha,
It appears it was my client. The keep alive option is enabled but people report that it doesn't work.
Thanks again,

trollsmash
cleric

Posted: 18-07-2013 01:32   
Many thanks tabitha, keep alive worked for me on mushclient!

Quoting an explanation from the cmud forum:

CMUD makes an outbound connection to the MUD, router sees the connection as active, you do stuff on the MUD, router is happily passing data back and forth, aware that this connection is active. You go idle. A few minutes later (depends on router settings, manufacturer, etc - my home linksys is about 10 minutes) the router cleans up inactive sessions. When the MUD next sends a packet of data, the router goes "I don't know what that's for" and drops it, but it hasn't actually told CMUD that the connection has been closed. So it's not until you type something and CMUD tries to send it to the MUD and the router goes "oh yeah, that connection no longer exists, btw".

You can set your timeout as 7 mins for example, and add a trigger to send something upon receiving

+- No input within the past 6 minutes. Do something! -+

View Profile of trollsmash      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Miek
pioneer

Posted: 18-07-2013 14:02   
Thanks, trollsmash. Fixed it instantly

[New Topic]   [Reply]
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic

These forums may be read by anyone, but only registered mudII.co.uk
players may post. When posting, please refrain from behaviour
not tolerated in the game.