[New Topic]   [Reply]
[Edit Profile]  [Edit Your Preferences]  [Search]
[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
MUDII Forum Index » » General Chat » » Mudmeet 14/12/13
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
Author Mudmeet 14/12/13
Salvadore
novice

Posted: 13-12-2013 17:51   
Password check...

View Profile of Salvadore      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Salvadore
novice

Posted: 13-12-2013 17:52   
Omg... it worked.

Sorry to hear about the dropouts (snigger), but I am seriously looking forward to it. Catch you all tomorrow! Whoop!

View Profile of Salvadore      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Miek
pioneer

Posted: 14-12-2013 00:50   
Have massive fun y'all!!!1

View Profile of Miek      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
royston
ranger

Posted: 16-12-2013 12:46   
Many of the players who initially said they would attend found, when it came to it, that something got in the way to prevent it and they cried off at the last minute. Sometimes that's how it goes. We ended up as a foursome: Cenedra, Pippin, Salvadore and me plus one other. The fifth member of the party was a spouse who had come along just to see what sort of people her husband was mixing with when he disappeared into the spare bedroom of an evening. When we got home, my wife said she found my friends delightful and extremely courteous. So there you are.

No matter what time of the year, I always enjoy a trip to a seaside town. Worthing is a classic example of such a place. Despite the dreadful weather, it was a delight.
Things started, I understand with lunch in the Charles Dickens. I missed that bit. Luckily I bumped into Cenedra in the foyer of the Burlington Hotel when I was booking in. We had a drink there before embarking on a perilous twenty minute trek through stabbing rain and a ferocious wind which one minute you were fighting against to make the smallest progress and the next carried you forward several yards in a most alarming manner. We finally got to a Pizza place. I was hungry having missed lunch and the others decided that although they had just recently eaten, they too were hungry. Sadly the pizza place was full to capacity. So we made our way to a nearby seafront pub, where we all sat down to a splendid repast. Thus full-up with faggots and mashed potato, we went back through the Alpine blizzard to the Charles Dickens where guess what, we had a more drinks right up to the time when we had to fight our way back to the hotel.

So apart from a bit of eating and more than a bit of drinking, what did we do? We talked and talked and talked. Surprisingly very little of it was MUD related. No one told me how to get up to the higher levels of the pagoda, nor what I had missed in the Redwoods. What talk there was of MUD was mostly character assassinations of those who had cried off the party; particularly of Kiwi who most regarded as having no excuse what so ever for not being present.

MUDMeets are always a lot of fun. And this one was no exception. All in all it was a great success, despite the low turn out. Let's put it this way. No one attempted pole dancing on some convenient scaffolding, no one fell into the sea and Worthing Pier is still attached to the land.

[ This Message was edited by: royston on 16-12-2013 12:49 ]

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Hawumph
Arch-Wizard

Posted: 16-12-2013 15:48   
Quote:

On 16-12-2013 12:46, royston wrote:
All in all it was a great success, despite the low turn out. Let's put it this way. No one attempted pole dancing on some convenient scaffolding, no one fell into the sea and Worthing Pier is still attached to the land.

How can you call it a success then proceed to list all the epic fails?

Shame on you Royston!!!!

Good write-up though.

How 'bout them transparent dangling carrots? It's not fair to deny me, the cross-eyed bear that you gave to me. You otter know!!!

View Profile of Hawumph   Email Hawumph   Goto the website of Hawumph      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
kiwijock
cleric

Posted: 16-12-2013 20:08   
I shall sulk and cry in the corner of the tea room at that mean, callous comment Royston!

On a serious note - sounds like a good time - next one we shall have in Auckland and no excuses Royston - you must attend!

View Profile of kiwijock   Email kiwijock      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Heiach
Wizard

Posted: 17-12-2013 16:41   
Glad you all had funs .

[ This Message was edited by: Heiach on 18-12-2013 09:57 ]

View Profile of Heiach   Email Heiach   Goto the website of Heiach          Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Turrican
Arch-Wizard

Posted: 18-12-2013 11:56   
Quote:

On 17-12-2013 16:41, Heiach wrote:
This write-up confuses me, did you win?

No mobiles left, but no-one got 3k.

View Profile of Turrican      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
palaceboy
cabalist

Posted: 05-01-2014 18:11   
Hey been a crazy long time hope all is well sad I missed a mud meet use to have good fun.

Dugtrio.

View Profile of palaceboy      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
trollsmash
cleric

Posted: 07-01-2014 22:26   
At last, another soul with a persona named after a pokeman! Now I can die in peace.

View Profile of trollsmash      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Vulnax
explorer

Posted: 08-01-2014 18:54   
Palaceboy is a Pok?mon .... ?

Explains a lot!!!

View Profile of Vulnax   Goto the website of Vulnax        Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
[New Topic]   [Reply]
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic

These forums may be read by anyone, but only registered mudII.co.uk
players may post. When posting, please refrain from behaviour
not tolerated in the game.

These forums are moderated.