[New Topic]   [Reply]
[Edit Profile]  [Edit Your Preferences]  [Search]
[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
MUDII Forum Index » » General Chat » » Bash Report 12/09/2013+
Author Bash Report 12/09/2013+
royston
ranger

Posted: 13-09-2013 08:37   
I played the whole of last night's bash with everything on the monitor out of focus. I won't be able to write a report until later this afternoon after I have been to the opticians and got my glasses mended. But don't let that stop anyone else putting something up.

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
kiwijock
cleric

Posted: 13-09-2013 09:39   
So that's why the last MO took soooooooo long ?

View Profile of kiwijock   Email kiwijock      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Miek
pioneer

Posted: 13-09-2013 10:04   
Thanks for the bash.
Grabbed LS and couple vials, killed ogre, wyvern, spectre (only took 2 hits), griffin, few Z's, ELG, thief, then made a rookie mistake and blew myself up at cannon room.
QQ'd shortly after - just didn't have the focus last night

View Profile of Miek      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Folly
pioneer

Posted: 13-09-2013 10:35   
Good bash, can't do a write up as I'm at work. Might add to any over the weekend.

WOTB!

View Profile of Folly      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
royston
ranger

Posted: 13-09-2013 15:25   
BASH REPORT FOR THURSDAY 12TH SEPTEMBER 2013

There is always something new in a bash and in this one it was the names of those taking part. Zedar the Hero, of course, everyone knows but other names that came into being were Thwomp the Warlock, Skeuomorph the Sorcerer and Fastfeet the Superhero. Footloose appeared a bit later. Now I reckon one of these had to be Kiwi and another Folly but don't ask me who was who. I havn't a clue. Thwomp was elected Bash-General.

I started off in the Goblins. Going in via the Beach, the first two you come across are G2 and G3. I finished up with a stam of 72 and figuring that this was probably enough to overcome G8 and G9 went ahead without stammimng up. Unfortunately.....

Passage.
*n.k g f wp
Goblin lair.
An exceptionally large goblin (goblin10) stands provocatively before you. The exceptionally large goblin10 is carrying?a tapestry0?and?a key2.?The door is closed.?An evil-looking goblin (goblin8) stares at you, madly.?An evil-looking goblin (goblin9) stares at you, madly.?

Indeed it was enough to better G8 and G9 but as you might expect I was soon fleeing from G10. A second flee was a lot more expensive as I did it far too early.

It was at this time we were all called to the Classical Ruin. It took six attempts to get there from the Rapids. For once it was not my fault. I was doing everything right but not moving. It all turned out right in the end though.

Back in the Goblins, I fled from G10 for a third time but scared myself stiff as this time although I started inputting the flee at 32 stam I actually went on just 4. On the positive side I did not loose any further points. Suspecting G10 to be very powerful by now and knowing he had access to both the staff and the dagger, I asked Zedar to help me out. Thwomp also came and joined in. It was a long hard battle but we came out on top. The remaining goblins were a lot less troublesome and were defeated with ease.

There were a few rats remaining. My mopping up of these was interrupted by a call for help. Footloose and Zedar had taken on the thief, a tricky opponent, who fled just as I got there. One or either of them followed and got the final blow in before I had even scanned the surrounding rooms.

Next on my list came the spider ? always a lot of fun. I hate spiders in real life. The one in MUD is about the size of a small garden shed. Still I had remembered to take adequate precautions and it was just a matter of bashing on regardless. The viper had the temerity to put in a appearance just then and suffered the same fate as the spider while I was still under the influence.

At this stage I realised the my status bar had once again seized up and was showing my stam as 120 whereas in the middle of the screen and in reality it was 90. I QQ'd, logged of and went off line, reloading the client from scratch which cleared it. Now I know that if you come back in from a silly death your previous kills count towards your 3K bonus but I had gone right back to my home screen on the computer and I wasn't sure. I felt there was a need to make a kill quickly.

Coming back through the Tearoom I found a novice called Notcenedra. Clearly this was Cenedra or possibly Blib, who appeared in the Tearoom when it was all over.

Back in the Land I picked up my kit from where I had left it and found a crow to kill.
Thwomp then called on me to help with the sealife. I don't like doing the sealife because if you have to flee you die a silly death and loose all your kit. But orders is orders. Luckily for me it was raining and he redeployed me to the Railwayline to help deal with the Old Man. We chased him around for a bit and finally Thwomp got him on his own.

We were now down to 39 survivors with 54 minutes of play left. The scorpion, the Vampire and the wraith all followed pretty quickly. The last two were a team effort. The Wolf was still alive but so was the dragon whose own death normally precedes that of the Wolf. Some one got the Jellyfish. I took no part in the unpleasant business with the Golem this time.

After a while we were down to just 6. One of them turned out to be a watersnake which had somehow escaped notice. By the time I found it, Thwomp was already fighting it but nevertheless I muscled in on the kill. I started to WH a few things from my list of mobiles and found that Snugglepuss was still alive. I went after it. Skeuomorph appeared on scene as I just got stuck in and between us we overcame this formidable opponent.

Now the best part of my evening was about to start. Thwomp suggested to me that I try an HH run and handed me the hedgehog. Off I went. There was some suggestion that the others ought to obstruct me in some way but I did not come across a single players during the whole run. I must admit it went well. I only made one mistake in direction. That was when I tried to get to the Powder Room by going down form the Deck instead of the Captain's Cabin. And I remembered to pick the HH up at every location we stopped. I did it with 70 seconds spare. Reading the log now I feel rather smug about it all. I followed this up, as you might expect, by swampng the crown.

All in all a successful bash which once again proved the value of team effort.

[ This Message was edited by: royston on 13-09-2013 15:51 ]

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Miek
pioneer

Posted: 13-09-2013 16:41   
I love these write-ups

View Profile of Miek      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Thwomp
Wizard

Posted: 14-09-2013 10:36   
Yeah great write-up! Great to bash again after so long. Everyone did a fine job, especially with a rusty general.

Thwomp

View Profile of Thwomp   Email Thwomp      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
kiwijock
cleric

Posted: 14-09-2013 10:56   
And btw *og - Kiwi was not active in this bash at all due to certain events in San Fransisco!

[ This Message was edited by: kiwijock on 14-09-2013 10:57 ]

View Profile of kiwijock   Email kiwijock      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
kiwijock
cleric

Posted: 14-09-2013 10:58   
Good right up too!

[New Topic]   [Reply]
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic

These forums may be read by anyone, but only registered mudII.co.uk
players may post. When posting, please refrain from behaviour
not tolerated in the game.

These forums are moderated.