[New Topic]   [Reply]
[Edit Profile]  [Edit Your Preferences]  [Search]
[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
MUDII Forum Index » » MUD2 Clients » » Clio Version 1.7 Released.
Author Clio Version 1.7 Released.
Tabitha
pilgrim

Posted: 08-05-2002 22:30   
Clio version 1.7 is now available from http://www.wabe.org.uk/clio/.

See the changes.txt file on the web page for a list of what's new in this version.

Tabitha

[ This Message was edited by: Tabitha on 08-05-2002 22:31 ]

View Profile of Tabitha   Email Tabitha   Goto the website of Tabitha      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Merlin
pilgrim

Posted: 14-10-2002 10:34   
Tabitha,
I think this is the wrong place to post this but I thought I would anyways. For some reason with CLio you cannot use the repeat line function. Any ideas why??

Merlin

View Profile of Merlin   Email Merlin          Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Tabitha
pilgrim

Posted: 14-10-2002 12:20   
Quote:

On 14-10-2002 10:34, Merlin wrote:
For some reason with CLio you cannot use the repeat line function.

Which 'repeat line' function do you mean?

If you mean that you want to repeat the last command you typed, CTRL-L should do that. If you want to recall the last command you typed, in order to edit it, CTRL-P (or up arrow) should do that.

If you mean that you want the last command to be repeated when you press enter with an empty input line, as some other clients do, then you need to add the /E flag when you start Clio.

All that seems to be working OK here. If you're having a problem, it's always helpful to know which version of Clio, the command line flags you are using to start it, and which OS (and version) you are running. That way, I can test it with the same setup.

Tabitha.

View Profile of Tabitha   Email Tabitha   Goto the website of Tabitha      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Merlin
pilgrim

Posted: 21-10-2002 12:01   
Currently running on P4 system, with WinXP <shudders> and the recent version of Clio. Basically I want to recall the last command entered when I press enter. The function with the /E operator. Anyways, for some reason you cannot use the /E when playing British Legends.

Merlin.

[ This Message was edited by: Merlin on 21-10-2002 12:02 ]

View Profile of Merlin   Email Merlin          Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Tabitha
pilgrim

Posted: 22-10-2002 19:17   
Quote:

On 21-10-2002 12:01, Merlin wrote:
Anyways, for some reason you cannot use the /E when playing British Legends.

That's because the /E option only ever worked when you were within the game itself, in MUDFREND mode. Since BL doesn't use that mode, /E would never work.

There was probably a reason why I wrote it like that, but I can't remember it, and I can't find anything in my notes about it. So I've removed the restriction.

Here is a new version for you to try, which should let /E work with any MUD.

[ This Message was edited by: Tabitha on 27-04-2003 22:50 ]

Merlin
pilgrim

Posted: 23-10-2002 23:13   
Nice. Thanks Tabitha.

Merlin.

maya
novice

Posted: 26-11-2014 06:51   
Thanks for share…

[ This Message was edited by: Zalagar on 10-10-2018 20:03 ]

View Profile of maya      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
royston
ranger

Posted: 29-11-2014 14:23   
I have used and liked this client a lot. That was until I upgraded my OS to Windows 7. Then I found problems. Eventually in desperation, I dragged my old Dell laptop out of the garage which runs on XP. Here it works in all its previous perfection, although I find a laptop a little bit restrictive physically. (My fingers stray over even more keys than they do on a desktop keyboard.)

I was therefore delighted to read above that Clio had been updated. So I downloaded it and tried it out.

Sad to say, it failed on the first test. <ALT>+<ENTER> does not put it to full screen mode. I have to screw my eyes up to read what it says in a piddling little window. I have yet to test the '/E' parameter on the bat file and also have a look to see if logged games are saved on disc. Neither works with Windows 7 though they do with XP. I did eventually manage to cure the '/E' problem by putting it at the beginning of the line ahead of all the other parameters.

I am deeply conscious that it might be me but for the time being at least I will have to persevere on the laptop.

Will Clio work better on an Apple, I wonder?

[ This Message was edited by: royston on 29-11-2014 14:33 ]

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Vulnax
explorer

Posted: 29-11-2014 14:31   
Royston - look at the dates of the post ( not Maya's ) - 2002 / 2003!

Last update was 1.7!

Ask Tabitha nicely if he's up date it?

View Profile of Vulnax   Goto the website of Vulnax        Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
royston
ranger

Posted: 29-11-2014 14:36   
Oooo- er. I see what you mean. Ooops.

Are you sure Tabitha is a HE?

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
trollsmash
cleric

Posted: 29-11-2014 15:28   
when somebody takes his time to sit down and write a mudclient, you can be sure as hell he's a male specimen

for clio, the last version is 1.8 btw. in win7 you should try right clicking the exe then look into properties-compatibility-help me choose the setting which does the windows magic or manually select xp mode yourself.

View Profile of trollsmash      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
kaif
cleric

Posted: 29-11-2014 22:40   
Quote:

in win7 you should try right clicking the exe then look into properties-compatibility-help me choose the setting which does the windows magic or manually select xp mode yourself.

Erm, is the exe in the clio client or somewhere in the Windows menu itself?

View Profile of kaif      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Vulnax
explorer

Posted: 30-11-2014 12:03   
Oops, v1.8 is the latest indeed, just ran it!

I had same window sizing issue when I had to go Win 7 couple of years ago ( hardware refused XP !! ).

Chatted with Tabitha, no plans to update.
Due to using Win XP screen features to go full screen, Win 7 doesn't.

I tried many options to run Clio in dosbox, properties, the shortcut,in the .ini script etc. to no avail. Best I got was 1/2 screen wide full screen tall!
Pretty main reason I stopped playing MUD2!

In Win 7, if you are prepared to do so and have the right version of Win 7, set up an XP virtual machine and run Clio from there!

Kaif - the EXE is the main program file on your hard disc in the Clio folder - the file you run.

View Profile of Vulnax   Goto the website of Vulnax        Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
kaif
cleric

Posted: 01-12-2014 00:11   
Quote:

I tried many options to run Clio in dosbox, properties, the shortcut,in the .ini script etc. to no avail. Best I got was 1/2 screen wide full screen tall!

Thanks Vulnax! That's pretty much the same experience I have had.

View Profile of kaif      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
[New Topic]   [Reply]
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic

These forums may be read by anyone, but only registered mudII.co.uk
players may post. When posting, please refrain from behaviour
not tolerated in the game.

These forums are moderated.